Playing season debate thread (many merged threads)

14 clubs is a good number to start with, I don't think the switch by the NWC to summer had this many when clubs started drifting away

16 clubs played at some point last winter though only 6 survived to the end and 4 of those were predominantly summer clubs.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local, county and national cups filled in the blank weeks

Well a couple of the breaks. Not saying it was wrong just saying it's hypocritical when we have weekly posts about how only say 70% of clubs had a fixture scheduled as if that wasn't how it worked in winter.

Bowes would you accept a job offer if you didn't know what it involved its benefits and Salary ?

Well that's the situation we have in the NW at the moment . And can I please ask you to move with the times some of us are trying to find a four seasons solution .

For the record today's game between Leigh Miners Rangers NWML and Accrington Panthers has been conceded by Accy who apparently won't be completing the remainder of the season as they will be playing kick and clap in your beloved winter .

Two other teams in the same division West Bank and Blackbrook also won't be completing the season .

That's just in one division Bowes so that blows your limited knowledge of the NW out of the window .

Get into the real world Bowes the game as major problems .

I'd suggest neither Accrington nor West Bank A's problems would be solved by a switch back to winter. Officially neither Blackbrook A nor Accrington have pulled out though, it appears West Bank A certainly have. And Accrington have played most of their July/August games so if they call off games in September that hardly sells the winter case.

I am a little unsure on which I prefer, but I do know that summer has some serious issues and is really hurting some clubs.

What I don't think is healthy is the North Korean attitude of the management, trying to show the outside world all is rosy whilst strong clubs wither and die

Simple, to the point and true.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Please keep the playing season debate to this thread, and avoid making personal comments against those whose opinions you don't agree with. It's an emotive topic, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is no need to get nasty or personal, otherwise you run the risk of your posts being removed.

Thanks.

John 

Thanks for merging all those threads and simplifying the issue to something as narrow as nothing other than a Summer/Winter debate.

Its far from it and is in fact a four seasons debate that is about identifying the wider issues and looking at solutions to deliver a playing calendar that suits ALL amateur clubs.

Sweeping it all under one carpet RFL style and nailing a title on it as you have is a poor reflection on what are numerous related issues that are currently delivering a major impact on our sport at grassroots level.

John may of got the title wrong, but its right to merge them.  Posting the same thing to different threads and quoting different postings from different threads lead to some thing unwieldy and hard to follow.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Please keep the summer/winter debate to this thread, and avoid making personal comments against those whose opinions you don't agree with. It's an emotive topic, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is no need to get nasty or personal, otherwise you run the risk of your posts being removed.

Thanks.

Bit of big brother there John if you sterilise debate you lose democratic right to speak openly and honestly .

I don't do politically correct and please enlighten me any where in my post anything that breaches the AUP .

As administrator you have IMO acted outside your remit by attempting to dilute the debate , I am one of many at the coal face and have to deal with a lot of problems with clubs and when you get people coming on here and hijacking every topic to constantly try and bring it back to a winter debate then yes hard working volunteers will get frustrated .

I admin a league forum and if I find in necessary to remove a thread I do the decent thing and private message the poster with reasons why the thread was removed could you take a leaf out of that book and do the same .

If you stop honest passionate people from debating you will loose the effectiveness of the forum.

Take a look at my notifications and how many people take time out to like my posts , which highlights to me I do have my finger on the RL pulse .

And for the record yesterday was colder than in November so when does winter begin snd finish ?

Any way rant over .

Four seasons debate is the issue .

NWML only had 59% match completion yesterday

That is a real issue .

I am 100% winter! our club has 2 summer, 2 winter teams. It used to have 3 winter teams, before the so called 3 year, summer experimental disaster. The club was on a sound footing, in winter, and in summer ticked over nicely with summer events, and general summer relaxing days in the beer garden. So now it's 12 months slog for the officials, volunteers, it's too much, we want a life outside the game, to keep up our interest, please please, wake up RFL and put our fragmented game back together. And the only way is winter for all.

No the game must be developed where ever it's played .

What I mean is we have to cater for specific needs to grow the game .

The summer experiment has worked for some but not all ,like I have said before we need to identify what works and which the optimum months are for various groups of clubs that's the challenge .

The RFL have cocked up with issuing licences to leagues , there should be no such thing just support the leagues in finding solutions not tying their hands behind their backs .

John may of got the title wrong, but its right to merge them.  Posting the same thing to different threads and quoting different postings from different threads lead to some thing unwieldy and hard to follow.

Thread title changed to reflect the wider debate, as suggested.

Bit of big brother there John if you sterilise debate you lose democratic right to speak openly and honestly .

I don't do politically correct and please enlighten me any where in my post anything that breaches the AUP .

As administrator you have IMO acted outside your remit by attempting to dilute the debate , I am one of many at the coal face and have to deal with a lot of problems with clubs and when you get people coming on here and hijacking every topic to constantly try and bring it back to a winter debate then yes hard working volunteers will get frustrated .

I admin a league forum and if I find in necessary to remove a thread I do the decent thing and private message the poster with reasons why the thread was removed could you take a leaf out of that book and do the same .

If you stop honest passionate people from debating you will loose the effectiveness of the forum.

Take a look at my notifications and how many people take time out to like my posts , which highlights to me I do have my finger on the RL pulse .

And for the record yesterday was colder than in November so when does winter begin snd finish ?

Any way rant over .

Four seasons debate is the issue .

NWML only had 59% match completion yesterday

That is a real issue .

In answer to your question, I removed a post of yours having a pop at another forum member. It said:-

I'm not engaging with you any more your a joke .

It's people like you that are destroying our game .

The Terms & Conditions of Use on this forum are here:

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

The T&Cs clearly state:

All contributions must be civil and tasteful.

No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour. Contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.

Hope that clears things up.

Not one word relating to the actual debate taking place on here has been removed, just the personal argy-bargy, so its hardly the onset of Big Brother.

It is possible to be honest and passionate without slagging other people off, however much you might disagree with them.

If you think someone else is disrupting the debate and breaking the T&Cs, use the report button to flag it up to a moderator rather than resorting to personal abuse, which will only make matters worse for all concerned.

If someone's just getting on your nerves (which isn't against the T&Cs) you can use the 'Ignore' option on them so you need never read another word they post on here.

Hope this helps.

C'mon John that is pretty sad by anyone's standards calling someone a joke is by no means abusive we are supposed to be made of sterner stuff .

Thick skinned broad shouldered or supposed to be.

However I shall be mindful of my future critism .

Has anyone got any spare cotton wool ?

Without the NCL offering a viable alternative to summer the club's have been left with little or no option other than to stay as they are.

The old saying goes something like this "do what you always do and you will get what you always get"

Good luck to open age amateur rugby league cause your gonna need it!!!

I just hope that it all comes good in the end.

Without the NCL offering a viable alternative to summer the club's have been left with little or no option other than to stay as they are.

The old saying goes something like this "do what you always do and you will get what you always get"

Good luck to open age amateur rugby league cause your gonna need it!!!

I just hope that it all comes good in the end.

Your 100% Right mate, it is loyalty to clubs that people have been involved with for many years that keeps things going. When they have had enough which wont be long in many cases, I fear that no new administrators will come through and we will see the demise of some long standing clubs.

If clubs are happy in the NCL then no need for a season change, if clubs are unhappy in the NCL then the clubs have only themselves to blame if there is no change.

"The NCL is run by the clubs" keeps cropping up. 

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

Archived