Pennine League strcuture

Bowes, its not the season reducing the number of Under 18's playing its the pure lack of aspiration after 16 and the sooner the Pro Game sees it the sooner we can get the game back on track.

But again that argument will fall on deaf ears.

I completely agree with all that. I watching the midlands U16 league fold once the academy got set up plus Sport England funding went. But I also think players playing both seasons is an issue. I'd prefer summer for all but at the very least I'd like things to settle down

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted by someone from Bristol when will the RFL ever listen??

Certainly the decision by the RFL to allow the Warriors in - despite our warnings that it would have damaging effects on ourselves and potentially other clubs lower down the pyramid - has not helped. There are some other issues, too, such as losing access to junior players we've developed (once they're into the SGS RL Academy/All Golds pathway, they tend not to return, with a few exceptions, and many are being lost to the game completely). We told the RFL of the issues in the region and how we would be effected, and they ignored us… now it's all coming true. The important thing is to get through the season and rebuild.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived