Adam Robinson

Unknown - Contract Status Unknown

Danny Cowling

Ben Kaye

Paul Mennell

Simon Brown

Gareth Potts

Sam Brooks

Of the unknown ones, Manning has signed a contract extension that will be announced soon. Also i believe Mennell and Kaye are under contract for next season and Cowling is going to Doncaster. Another big prop from the mounties to announced soon as well.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halifax so far:-

Halifax

Under Contract

Confirmed

Scott Murrell (expires 2017)

Luke Amber (expires 2018)

Ste Tyrer (expires 2015)

Ben Johnston (expires 2017)

Tommy Saxton (expires 2015)

Jack Spencer (expires 2015)

Confirmed Signings

Adam Tangata - Mounties RL

Chris Taylor - Wigan Warriors

Matt Place - NSW Mounties

Alex Brown - Batley

Miles Greenwood - Batley

Richard Moore - Wakefield

To Be Confirmed

Ben Heaton (expires 2015)

Ross Divorty (expires 2015)

Andy Bracek (expires 2015)

Out

Confirmed

Rob Worrincy

Ryan Fieldhouse - Dewsbury

Wayne Reittie

Tony Tonks

Luke Adamson

Jack Holmes

Ben Davies - Whitehaven

Unknown

Unknown - Out of Contract

Dane Manning

Calum Casey

Keith Holden

Adam Robinson

Danny Cowling

Ben Kaye

Paul Mennell

Simon Brown

Gareth Potts

Sam Brooks

Of the unknown ones, Manning has signed a contract extension that will be announced soon. Also i believe Mennell and Kaye are under contract for next season and Cowling is going to Doncaster. Another big prop from the mounties to announced soon as well.

Worrincy would be a nice addition for us - you can never have too much pace. Manning would do as well.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Halifax so far:-

Halifax

Under Contract

Confirmed

Scott Murrell (expires 2017)

Luke Amber (expires 2018)

Ste Tyrer (expires 2015)

Ben Johnston (expires 2017)

Tommy Saxton (expires 2015)

Jack Spencer (expires 2015)

Confirmed Signings

Adam Tangata - Mounties RL

Chris Taylor - Wigan Warriors

Matt Place - NSW Mounties

Alex Brown - Batley

Miles Greenwood - Batley

Richard Moore - Wakefield

To Be Confirmed

Ben Heaton (expires 2015)

Ross Divorty (expires 2015)

Andy Bracek (expires 2015)

Out

Confirmed

Rob Worrincy

Ryan Fieldhouse - Dewsbury

Wayne Reittie

Tony Tonks

Luke Adamson

Jack Holmes

Ben Davies - Whitehaven

Unknown

Unknown - Out of Contract

Dane Manning

Calum Casey

Keith Holden

Adam Robinson

Danny Cowling

Ben Kaye

Paul Mennell

Simon Brown

Gareth Potts

Sam Brooks

Strictly speaking Alex Brown is from Leigh not Batley, where he was only on loan.

A decent looking squad and maybe a couple more yet to add.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Strictly speaking Alex Brown is from Leigh not Batley, where he was only on loan.

A decent looking squad and maybe a couple more yet to add.

Yeah looking ok, should be in the mix for 4th place hopefully. I firmly believe we under achieved under Harrison this season and really should have finished 2nd so hopefully a new young coach with fresh ideas on board we can actually see players improve while playing for us instead of once they have left.

The website and CMS was designed by the RFL but it is maintained by the club.

Dewsbury and a few others have the same deal.

Come on Tom your reply doesn't help the conspiracy theory at all ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

My my Edward one season of overachievement and you think your lot are God's gift to RL :lol:

I'm sure we'll put you back where you belong next season

im not so sure. your retention of your better players has not happened again and their replacements are not as good.

i said this last season and was scoffed at even though it was obvious to all and as proved

im not so sure. your retention of your better players has not happened again and their replacements are not as good.

i said this last season and was scoffed at even though it was obvious to all and as proved

Some may say that league position does not lie, but the reality is that we finished only three league places lower than in 2013 and still made the play offs.
r02c.gif

Some may say that league position does not lie, but the reality is that we finished only three league places lower than in 2013 and still made the play offs.

you were also just 80 minutes from relegation in the same token but for an unexpected win at Donny. If you (again) believe that you have strengthened your team in 2015 to challenge this seasons top 7 plus London & Bradford then fine. No experienced old head to lead you round and Two Young kids at half back, as well as losing Greenwood, Brown, Davies, Black & Smith etc, you have lost two of your most potent attackers and 2 absolute workhorses and in my opinion have not replaced any of them like for like. Ainscough of Wigan was a great exciting player but he seems to have gone downhill in last year or two. I would have brown over him anyway of the week.  

you were also just 80 minutes from relegation in the same token but for an unexpected win at Donny. If you (again) believe that you have strengthened your team in 2015 to challenge this seasons top 7 plus London & Bradford then fine. No experienced old head to lead you round and Two Young kids at half back, as well as losing Greenwood, Brown, Davies, Black & Smith etc, you have lost two of your most potent attackers and 2 absolute workhorses and in my opinion have not replaced any of them like for like. Ainscough of Wigan was a great exciting player but he seems to have gone downhill in last year or two. I would have brown over him anyway of the week.

You probably need to look at this season in context. An 8th place finish in any other campaign would have been a relative success on our limited budget.

As for competing with the likes of Bradford, London and Leigh, I think we're all realistic enough to realise that it's barely a possibility for us. Our aim next season will probably be to avoid relegation - as it will be for at least six or seven clubs. We should hopefully have more than enough in the locker to be competitive with those clubs. Also, don't forget that our recruitment for 2015 has barely just begun.You do seem to have bit of a downer on us for some reason, especially when asserting that you don't think Ainscough is an adequate replacement for Brown. The former averaged 2 tries every three games in Super League and bagged more tries than Brown last season.

r02c.gif

I think Batley's sqaud is shaping up well and they'll see the best out of Leatherbarrow (who was outstanding with Keighley) if he plays in a settled side with a settled half-back partner in 2015.

Its only weakness at this stage is a simple lack of bodies, but it's still very early days.

We're not far off enough for two decent squads with two genuine players for every position.

In my opinion we could do with another prop, another hooker (Wildie at stand-off, Faz in the second row in 2015, I reckon) and another full-back. But I'll trust Glenn's judgement (a policy which has worked out pretty well so far!).

Tom

I think Batley's sqaud is shaping up well and they'll see the best out of Leatherbarrow (who was outstanding with Keighley) if he plays in a settled side with a settled half-back partner in 2015.

Its only weakness at this stage is a simple lack of bodies, but it's still very early days.

We're not far off enough for two decent squads with two genuine players for every position.

In my opinion we could do with another prop, another hooker (Wildie at stand-off, Faz in the second row in 2015, I reckon) and another full-back. But I'll trust Glenn's judgement (a policy which has worked out pretty well so far!).

I think the point about Leatherbarrow is well observed Tom. He was great when playing with Black, but naturally struggled when on his own or without an established half back partner.

You probably need to look at this season in context. An 8th place finish in any other campaign would have been a relative success on our limited budget.

As for competing with the likes of Bradford, London and Leigh, I think we're all realistic enough to realise that it's barely a possibility for us. Our aim next season will probably be to avoid relegation - as it will be for at least six or seven clubs. We should hopefully have more than enough in the locker to be competitive with those clubs. Also, don't forget that our recruitment for 2015 has barely just begun.You do seem to have bit of a downer on us for some reason, especially when asserting that you don't think Ainscough is an adequate replacement for Brown. The former averaged 2 tries every three games in Super League and bagged more tries than Brown last season.

no downer pal, batley my fav away day. i just think you steadily built as a club for a few years all the way to the 2013 grand final and instead of building on that as a club, you have not maintained the quality but reduced it and next season just looks like another two steps backwards in retention and recruitent. next season will be tougher than ever

no downer pal, batley my fav away day. i just think you steadily built as a club for a few years all the way to the 2013 grand final and instead of building on that as a club, you have not maintained the quality but reduced it and next season just looks like another two steps backwards in retention and recruitent. next season will be tougher than ever

If you have a few hundred thousand pounds that would allow us to retain players when the likes of Halifax and Featherstone come calling, I'm sure that our problems in this area would vanish.

My personal assessment;

Greenwood? Big loss, but we have a top quality full back on the books and another very decent and experienced player set to come in.

Brown? Not our player anyway, but Ainscough is at least his equal.

Black? Been a great player but for the last few seasons - especially this one, his impact in terms of creative play has been massively limited by his injuries and age. His influence has been in organising and motivating. As long as we can recruit an organiser - and we may have done that in Southernwood, then we should improve at half back.

Davies? Great in 2013 but very, very poor in 2014. Overweight and lazy are two adjectives which define his season. I'm not sure where you've pulled the 'workhorse' tag from. Sam Scott is twice the player.

Smith? A player who has been a loyal and dependable servant. However, that's where it ends with him these days. Little to no impact on the offensive, and if I simply wanted a hard working prop who could tackle I'd be able to pluck one from almost anywhere.

As I've stated previously, I don't believe that our drop in league position was due to any real lack of quality within the squad itself. Those who left after 2013 were largely replaced by equivalent talents - apart from maybe in the case of George Flanagan. What hindered us in 2014 was our ridiculous choice to pad out the squad using dual registered players and having to cope without our on-field organiser for 3/4 of the season.

Just my opinion, of course.

r02c.gif

Jack Blagbrough can be added into the Eagles squad.

Usually in Sunderland, sometimes in Sheffield. 

Write for a few rugby league websites, mainly about the Kingstone Press Championship. 

Twitter - @DFSports97

Ben Musolino can be added into the Eagles squad. Officially announced this morning.

Usually in Sunderland, sometimes in Sheffield. 

Write for a few rugby league websites, mainly about the Kingstone Press Championship. 

Twitter - @DFSports97

Danny Cowling & Pas Dunn signed for Doncaster.

Cowling will be a good signing for Donny under a good coach, got better as the season went on for Fax, nothing special in attack which can obviously be worked on but a monster in defence with some bone shuddering tackles. Would probably have stayed at Fax if Harrison had gone a lot earlier.

Archived