New Kits 2015

I dint like last seasons wigan shirt but thought ISC we're generally very good all round. Not looking forward to any Errea kits or Oniells for that matter

Standard RL tat. Ultimately, clubs will go for whichever supplier stumps up the most cash. Most shirts are only sold in the club shops anyway and clubs know from experience that their diehards will lap up whatever they offer, regardless of quality.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't realise Wigan and Leeds were no longer with ISC. Can only be a financial thing.

Maybe the fact that ISC are Australian based and only have a small set up in the UK makes it that much more expensive.

I've always wondered why a lot of rugby league clubs even bother with sports brands when direct access to factories and manufacturers in Asia is so accessible these days. Obviously your paying for knowledge and experience, but building a relationship with a manufacturer in Asia could save a lot of clubs quite a bit of cash.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I think ISC are pretty good but they we're building something of a monopoly so i'd welcome new brands like Errea and X Blades coming into Super league.

EastLondonMike is pretty much spot on i'd say.......ISC are expanding rapidly in Oz with new deals in Basketball, soccer, Aussie Rules and most of the NRL.........they are probably concentrating their efforts there and have maybe let things slip over here.

I'd love some of the bigger brands back involved with RL.........Adidas, Canterbury, Under Armour and you can see brands like Macron and O'Neills getting more clubs now.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Wigan to Errea and Saints to O'Neills.

Wakey had Errea a few years back and they were very good as it happens.  What people need to realise is that whichever "manufacturer" is used they're still subbed out to whichever actual manufacturer gives the best price to said brand to actually make them.

The higher the regard of the brand name, then in theory the higher level of quality control they will apply to their own suppliers.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

The thing with a lot of sports brands involved in RL in the UK is that they are licensed brands, which is the case for Xblades and ISC to name two, Puma are another, therefore your dealing with a company in the UK who just own the right to produce the apparel etc of that brand in this region. i'm guessing up until recently all ISC partnerships were direct to the brand in Australia, where as if they now have a licensee in the UK you'd assume the contract between those two parties would stipulate that any UK organisation would have to go through the UK licensee rather than direct to the brand in Oz.

Which would mean your probably not getting the same value for money for the same service, as there's now another party looking to make a profit.

Salford have certainly come a long way in a year. When i was up there for the first game against Wakey this season, and took a look in the club shop, all they had aside from replica kit and the occassional replica training shirt were bog standard promo t-shirts by fruit of the loom, with a salford logo print on, which suggested to me merchandise wasn't an area they took that seriously, or an area that isn't a particularly big money maker for them and were happy offering the budget option. Which makes me wonder about this Under Armour deal.

I can't see a major sports brand throwing money at Salford if they don't sell large quantities of fan wear.

Its all well and good signing a deal with a company like Under Armour, but if your fan base isn't the type to purchase enough replica apparel to make a profit, it kind of doesn't really mean much in the long term.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Not a fan of ISC at all. Generally find it quite cheap to have the shirt made entirely of one fabric, they could at least sew on the badges for example. Good to see bigger name brands like UA getting involved in the sport and making the shirts more widely available. 

Bulls were also stitched on the ISC top this year (even if one was only stitched to cover the Omar Khan logo). I really like ISC, really nice fit and good quality stuff. I've seen they've now moved into supplying amateur teams, prices reasonable too.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Every ISC shirt i own has embroidered badges....ISC are really good but it's better if everyone doesn't have the same kit supplier.

BLK who do the Titans, NZ Kiwis and Storm kits have expanded into europe with a few union teams so they might be after some league clubs too.

I've got quite a collection and IMO Canterbury, BLK and ISC are the best......although now Canterbury are well in with the RFU i can't see them having any more connection with RL in england.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Every ISC shirt i own has embroidered badges....ISC are really good but it's better if everyone doesn't have the same kit supplier.

BLK who do the Titans, NZ Kiwis and Storm kits have expanded into europe with a few union teams so they might be after some league clubs too.

I've got quite a collection and IMO Canterbury, BLK and ISC are the best......although now Canterbury are well in with the RFU i can't see them having any more connection with RL in england.

The Exiles one I had was the cheapest I've ever seen. Its an iron on badge!
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

I own a hugew amount of rugby jerseys - League and union.  I am not a Saints fan, but I bought this one as it was for a good cause (and i liked it).  Definitely best quality kit I have bought in many years - i was really surprised by it.  Different materials, really nice fit (not baggy, but not super tight), badge embroidered etc etc.  Outstanding quality.

Anyone else who has one, can vouch for the quality.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/9013408.Saints_to_don_the__pink_vee__for_breast_cancer/

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

I own a hugew amount of rugby jerseys - League and union. I am not a Saints fan, but I bought this one as it was for a good cause (and i liked it). Definitely best quality kit I have bought in many years - i was really surprised by it. Different materials, really nice fit (not baggy, but not super tight), badge embroidered etc etc. Outstanding quality.

Anyone else who has one, can vouch for the quality.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/9013408.Saints_to_don_the__pink_vee__for_breast_cancer/

I bought the saints typhoo shirt. I love it one of the best shirts I've ever bought. It still looks brand new today and I wear it regularly. So it must of been good quality unless other folk have had any problems with it lol.

I thought this year's Wire ISC kit was excellent quality, apart from the ironed on sponsor - although that hasn't peeled to be fair.

Great quality material and not just printed onto a plain shirt.

Always found the Puma shirts to be good quality too.

Remember retrorugby? I never got round to buying from them, and their stuff was supposed to be good quality.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've always found ISC to make the best replica kits, Canterbury are probably the only other typical rugby kit supplier that do things to the same level, certainly from a technical stand point. i've just never been a fan of the cut of Canterbury kits.

Puma do some nice rugby kits, but they're replica kits always had a bit of a bad rep for being poorly made.

Under armour, you'd expect, would make a pretty decent kit, certainly in terms of quality. The image posted of the two Salford jerseys look like a sample to me, just a plain polyester jersey with no technical spec added. Probably for the design, and not as an indication of how the actual playing should would be. 

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived