New Kits 2015

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Boris.............. but I really like this shirt................ is it a one off?

Being sold on Lovell Rugby.....would have thought they would have worn it today if it was the new jersey though....maybe in Melbourne on Sunday?

Being sold on Lovell Rugby.....would have thought they would have worn it today if it was the new jersey though....maybe in Melbourne on Sunday?

Hoping to secure extra geek points if correct, but might it be some sort of centenary thing to mark 100 years since the 1914 Rorke's Drift Test? That's my guess anyway.

Do people like the idea of new kits?

Are people happy with them or more disappointed generally?

Would anyone prefer their club shirt stay the same for a season or two?

The Red Devils ones looks like someone made a mistake and no amount of pre-ordering would entice me to buy those two, maybe the real thing will look better?

There is something very RL about the idea that we've signed a great kit deal but the product's rubbish!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Good call

6059468-large.jpg

It is amazing that the Webb-Ellis nonsense is even perpetuated in a book about one of our finest moments! But then again John Wayne relayed the story in a film too - It's a bit like a tory politician slimy but resilient! I was amazed to find out one of the players in the test was from Wolverhampton! 

Should I just take myself to the cross code naughty step now?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

If you try to start creating a shirt that looks "RL" enough, and the two colours you have on your palette are red and white, you start having problems.

Mostly RED - would clash with Wales. Not a huge problem but you'd want to stand out a little from your geographically closest/traditionally strongest NH rivals

White/red hoops - too much like Wigan/Leigh for some fans.

White with Red Vee - too much like Saints for some fans.

White with red band - too much like HKR for some fans.

I've often wondered if Arsenal fans have a problem with the England kit looking too much like Tottenham's, or Blackpool fans refusing to wear the three lions because it looks like Preston's gear.

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

Hoping to secure extra geek points if correct, but might it be some sort of centenary thing to mark 100 years since the 1914 Rorke's Drift Test? That's my guess anyway.

You can see the names in the fabric under the sponsor. Billy Hall, Harold Wagstaff... It must be the Rorke's Drift jersey.

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

Archived