New Kits 2015

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was confirmed we will be wearing this next week.

Looking forward to adding this to my collection of 2014 international shirts, along with the smart new Scotland one.

Now, can anybody point me in the right direction so I can pump my money into international rl and purchase these fine shirts?

Looking forward to adding this to my collection of 2014 international shirts, along with the smart new Scotland one.

Now, can anybody point me in the right direction so I can pump my money into international rl and purchase these fine shirts?

http://scotlandrl.com/contact_us

rldfsignature.jpg

Social media full of comments from 'fans' stating their dislike and refusal to purchase the kit due to its similarity to Wigan/Leigh/Oldham/any team who wears red and white hoops.

Rugby league fans eh?!...who'd have thought?!

Great to see such a seminal game in rugby league history being celebrated. And if England could produce a similar performance with a similar result, how beautiful and poetic would that be?!..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Great to see such a seminal game in rugby league history being celebrated. And if England could produce a similar performance with a similar result, how beautiful and poetic would that be?!..

Would be nice if the beeb did a factual piece on this historic match before Sundays big game.

Rugby League's proud heritage should be celebrated at every opportunity.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Advantage Sports have recently tweeted this Dave.

The New England jersey which will be worn against Australia is available to buy tomorrow from 9.30am £45 adults £40 kids call 01482 216151

rldfsignature.jpg

Social media full of comments from 'fans' stating their dislike and refusal to purchase the kit due to its similarity to Wigan/Leigh/Oldham/any team who wears red and white hoops.

...and that doesn't include the colourblind fans who think it looks like a <insert name of other club they don't like> strip.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have Lovell Rugby jumped the gun putting this on their website...I haven't seen any press releases about what it's for?

I've got plenty of red england football shirts and i can't stand Man u or Liverpool.........not buying it cos it looks like wigan or leigh is just daft.

I suppose with england being a relatively new concept is hard to create a timeless jersey design like the kangaroos or kiwis.........Great Britain had it with their jerseys though.

As long as it's red and white in some form or another it's fine by me.........maybe it's be white with a red v next  :ph34r:

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

As per my previous post, it is on the international rl facebook page

Ok....I don't really look at that.....you'd think it would be on England RL's website and the RFL one and the Super league one..........and maybe the ISC website?

Maybe they wanted and Official reveal at the weekend?

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Keep an eye on @rlmeltdown for the expected 'outrage' at this design.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've always liked the Australian jersey of the period as depicted in the book cover photo.

If both teams walked out onto the pitch wearing those shirts I think it would be wonderful

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

The hooped shirt is to commemorate 100 years since the Rourke's Drift test of 1914. It's based on the shirt worn by the Northern Union that day - it apparently has the names of those players/tourists woven into the fabric.

I think it's a great idea- celebrating our history, plus the "backs against the wall" story of success v the Aussies will hopefully inspire the players to put in a similarly legendary performance.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Oh, and the England RL media department sent out a press release earlier explaining the whole thing, with additional explanatory text about the 1914 match from Tony Collins.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

I've always liked the Australian jersey of the period as depicted in the book cover photo.

If both teams walked out onto the pitch wearing those shirts I think it would be wonderful

If you can't bring yourself to wear that design, try this Rorke's Drift commemorative effort...

$_12.JPG

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ok....I don't really look at that.....you'd think it would be on England RL's website and the RFL one and the Super league one..........and maybe the ISC website?

Maybe they wanted and Official reveal at the weekend?

Aye, typical approach to this kind of thing tbh, keep it secret as long as possible!

I think it's a lovely shirt, I liked it when they wore a similar one versus the Kiwis a couple of years back.

I'd be happy with this style as a regular one. Quite different from RU or Football shirts.

Aye, typical approach to this kind of thing tbh, keep it secret as long as possible!

I think it's a lovely shirt, I liked it when they wore a similar one versus the Kiwis a couple of years back.

I'd be happy with this style as a regular one. Quite different from RU or Football shirts.

I've got the 2010 one and it's my favourite England jersey. If we matched it with the black shorts and black socks with red band, as originally worn by the NU team in 1910, then it would be very nice indeed. 

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

I've got the 2010 one and it's my favourite England jersey. If we matched it with the black shorts and black socks with red band, as originally worn by the NU team in 1910, then it would be very nice indeed. 

I think it could become a classic if we kept it as hoops with minor tweaks only. Go creative with an away shirt - this is what some other sports do.

Archived