New Kits 2015

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9462.jpg

Oh dear :ph34r:

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

sponsor logo doesn't work so well, but that appears to be as they've just printed it on top of the chevrons, rather than include the logo within the kit design ie create some space round it.

Don't mind the design, despite it appearing to be a direct replica of the Wests Tigers Jersey.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

The image in the pic might just be the fans replica shirts.. as you'd expect the pukka ones to have the SL branding etc on the arms.. Hopefully Cas haven't just gone for a cheap and cheerful subliminated print on their playing shirts.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

The image in the pic might just be the fans replica shirts.. as you'd expect the pukka ones to have the SL branding etc on the arms.. Hopefully Cas haven't just gone for a cheap and cheerful subliminated print on their playing shirts.

The shirts always look much better on the players when they have the decent fitted ones.

We always slate many shirts each year, but when you watch them on Sky, they always look decent.

Warrington's is launched in 11 days, will be hard to beat this year's cracker.

Be grateful for small mercies. Had Xblades UK actually designed the kit I reckon it would have been a lot worse than this one.

Cas, as you'd maybe expect, are looking for the best deal they can get financially, and if that means using a templated kit and not having to pay extras for design fee's and set up charges I guess they are gonna do that. The down side if that approach is that you run the risk of people not buying the jersey as it's a replica of another team. That being said, there's no reason why they had to stick with the same colours.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Thats just a lazy Cas kit. The training gear also uses the Wests Tigers font. 

It will be interesting to see if Blades in the UK use the same waffle material as down under, those print on superloeague numbers and logos might just last a game!

I think were changing kits too often in super league, if anything the NRL has proven that the rotation cycle actually increases sales.

Home jersey 3 years, away 2 years, and two chances for one off or limited edition jerseys a year. It pleases those who like a traditional jersey, and those who want to buy all the available jerseys.

Its before my time really, but for me, castle ford are amber with the two black hoops, or white with a black and amber chevron.

The way its going, anyone who has been away from the game for more than two years will struggle to recognise a teams identity, let alone those who haven't seen a team for a few years.

Australia will wear a commemorative shirt for their decisive Four Nations clash with underdogs Samoa. The black and white hooped shirt which remembers the historic victory over England in the 2014 Four Nations tournament, will come with a brown "swag" bag and a black eye mask.

If that had been a Huddersfield shirt, people would be saying it's awful.

Yep I agree. Not that I agree it's particularly awful, we just tend to hate most shirts that are presented at first!

I do wish that clubs would release a pro photo-shoot for their kits, the ISC ones have been excellent recently, and really show off the kits in the best light. The Cas players wearing baggy shirts with crease-lines on them is not a good look to get fans excited about them!

They had a 20th anniversary jersey in 2012 which is pretty much the same.

http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/teams/b/brisbane-broncos/old-brisbane-broncos-rugby-shirt-s2427.html

I like the way they don't change the kits much in Australia........I think they have to keep the home and away designs for 3 years and are allowed to do 2 one off jerseys each season for ANZAC/Heritage/ladies day.........This way you get value for money on the main kits but there's also something new every year for people who want the buy new kits regularly.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Canberra continuing their run of awful looking kits.

The Manly jersey is a glimpse of the jersey design St.Helens probably would have had if they hadn't switched to O'Neills.

Like the Melbourne jersey.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/2015-nrl-jerseys/

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Yep I agree. Not that I agree it's particularly awful, we just tend to hate most shirts that are presented at first!

I do wish that clubs would release a pro photo-shoot for their kits, the ISC ones have been excellent recently, and really show off the kits in the best light. The Cas players wearing baggy shirts with crease-lines on them is not a good look to get fans excited about them!

Do you think that photo shoot/poster was done by Nike or Brisbane?

I'd imagine Cas have a good idea how many they'd sell regardless of whether they pay for a fantastically designed promo or just stick a photo taken on someone's phone on their website.

I agree though even with the latter it's easy enough to use a well fitting shirt that has been ironed.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

They had a 20th anniversary jersey in 2012 which is pretty much the same.

http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/teams/b/brisbane-broncos/old-brisbane-broncos-rugby-shirt-s2427.html

I like the way they don't change the kits much in Australia........I think they have to keep the home and away designs for 3 years and are allowed to do 2 one off jerseys each season for ANZAC/Heritage/ladies day.........This way you get value for money on the main kits but there's also something new every year for people who want the buy new kits regularly.

Is that true? I thought the Aussies had as many new kits as us nowadays.

Do you think that photo shoot/poster was done by Nike or Brisbane?

I'd imagine Cas have a good idea how many they'd sell regardless of whether they pay for a fantastically designed promo or just stick a photo taken on someone's phone on their website.

I agree though even with the latter it's easy enough to use a well fitting shirt that has been ironed.

And that there is exactly one of our biggest problems, that's not how to run a business (we know how many we'll sell so don't bother with the effort).

ISC have provided some brilliant stuff over the last few years showing off the kits, which then get used on websites, in club shops etc. there is no reason why every kit shouldn't have this kind of thing.

It wouldn't cost much to get a pro photographer to do something nice. 

Canberra continuing their run of awful looking kits.

The Manly jersey is a glimpse of the jersey design St.Helens probably would have had if they hadn't switched to O'Neills.

Like the Melbourne jersey.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/2015-nrl-jerseys/

I really like the Parramatta one - I'd be happy if Wire had something along those lines.

I like the Souths Away one, not really a fan of the black that they now add into the kit. Not sure if this is a new or old thing.

Archived