London League Structure 2015

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Weald Warriors are claiming they're in the London Championship. Is this a new name for the Entry League or just what they're calling it?

On the London RL website there is no mention of Weald Warriors or Hemel Hempstead 'A' teams in any of the leagues shown.  Is there an Entry/Merit League?  I see there is a 'league' on that site called 'London Friendlies', maybe that's it?

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

On the London RL website there is no mention of Weald Warriors or Hemel Hempstead 'A' teams in any of the leagues shown. Is there an Entry/Merit League? I see there is a 'league' on that site called 'London Friendlies', maybe that's it?

The division I saw was:

(Formerly Beckenham) Bears A

Eastern Rhinos A

South West London Chargers A

Newham Dockers

Weald Warriors

I assume Croydon Hurricanes and Hemel Stags A can be added to that list or are the latter still in east merit?

On the London RL website there is no mention of Weald Warriors or Hemel Hempstead 'A' teams in any of the leagues shown. Is there an Entry/Merit League? I see there is a 'league' on that site called 'London Friendlies', maybe that's it?

The division I saw was:

(Formerly Beckenham) Bears A

Eastern Rhinos A

South West London Chargers A

Newham Dockers

Weald Warriors

I assume Croydon Hurricanes and Hemel Stags A can be added to that list or are the latter still in east merit?

• 2 weeks later...

Invicta and Croydon made their debuts (redebut if you consider the games played by Storm B as Hurricanes part of canon) yesterday.  Invicta were two points up at the half before falling to the Bears A 66-26.  Sussex defeated Croydon 36-20 in the SE Cup.

Excellent first showing by a Hurricanes team containing fourteen teenagers all making their Open Age debut. We've had only four training sessions so our organisation was lacking and it was probably the game's deciding factor.

The huge plus is that the young 'uns were pumped after the game and can't wait for the next one.

I know this is a seniors thread but I didn't want to exhume a juniors thread which wasn't especially relevant.  Any idea what's going on with the Bromley Bengals?  I know the London Junior League decided that Greenwich Admirals had to die but this is now getting ridiculous.  They moved to Charlton and changed their name and now they're down to one team, 10 miles away from where they were getting decent numbers.  This is by design right?  The London junior committee hate them so much they honestly don't care if they've destroyed the top development pipeline in London?

I know this is a seniors thread but I didn't want to exhume a juniors thread which wasn't especially relevant.  Any idea what's going on with the Bromley Bengals?  I know the London Junior League decided that Greenwich Admirals had to die but this is now getting ridiculous.  They moved to Charlton and changed their name and now they're down to one team, 10 miles away from where they were getting decent numbers.  This is by design right?  The London junior committee hate them so much they honestly don't care if they've destroyed the top development pipeline in London?

Wonder if it's a mere coincidence Skolars A forfeited yesterday?

It says something that Gloucestershire and Oxford can manage a reserve team better than Hemel and Skolars

After forfeiting the first two games of the season, I see that todays Skolars 'A' home game against The Bears has been 'postponed', according to the London League website.  Is this just a glitch, or are Skolars 'A' in a bit of trouble. 

Archived