York City Knights v Hull

Shadow45

And how long will we last with Guildford in charge? we have nowhere to train and don't have a ground to play at because of him.

Can't argue with that mate - but don't think JG will allow the club to fold

Can see our home games for 2015 been 30.8 miles away from HS....

Can see our home games for 2015 been 30.8 miles away from HS....

And that's the way to run the club/business? Inconveniencing and alienating your core customer base is a sure fire way to liquidation. Playing your "home" games 30.8 miles away is an absolute joke! Someone has a lot of questions to answer and the honorable course of action would be to sell to the McGills and walk away with what little dignity they have left.

And that's the way to run the club/business? Inconveniencing and alienating your core customer base is a sure fire way to liquidation. Playing your "home" games 30.8 miles away is an absolute joke! Someone has a lot of questions to answer and the honorable course of action would be to sell to the McGills and walk away with what little dignity they have left.

Not saying its right - just saying it could happen on a short term basis possibly

Also  - & I know its very difficult at the moment, but a group of players & coaching staff who are working their what's its off at the moment (despite the other stuff) deserve a bit of backing & support on Sunday

Not saying its right - just saying it could happen on a short term basis possibly

Also  - & I know its very difficult at the moment, but a group of players & coaching staff who are working their what's its off at the moment (despite the other stuff) deserve a bit of backing & support on Sunday

Short term basis? If the CYC are refusing to allow the YCKs to play either at Bootham Crescent or the New Community Stadium (should it ever be built) whilst Mr G is in charge then where else in York is a viable option to play rugby league? Unless common sense prevails it looks like the demise of YCKs, which will indeed be a very sad day. 

Remember it was the people of York who brought the club back from the dead when the Wasps folded.And since then a lot of people have given up time and money to keep this club going,and if YCC and YCFC will not deal with JG anymore i am afraid he will after step aside and let someone to take the club forward before it is to late.Why did JG refuse to talk to Radio York this morning and put his side to the story?.

Yes I remember that meeting all them years ago in bar 13.Maybe Mr G and his family should remember that before they carry on with this personal campaign against the council and YCK,

Would I trust any of them at the moment....NO,but at least everyone but Guilford want to move on with the project.E verything in life cannot be perfect and nobody can have everything there way all the time unless it seems your name is Mr G all mighty.

Well it appears he has met his match now and he has started alienating the knight fans too with his spoilt brat attitude.

Perhaps he has more to lose than we think considering only himself and his family run the club.

Time to step aside now I think Mr G and perhaps if the club can move on then it could be run with the Mcgills and perhaps somebody like Ian Paver to have an input with his business and rugby experience

Hope it gets sorted out one way or another for you guys, it happened to us in the 70,s when Parkside was sold, then the Greyhound Stadium went under and we were nomads for 5-6 seasons. We might have been great rivals for the last  10 years with plenty of banter but no one at Hunslet wants to see the situation you are now under.

Totally agree KOL, this forum doesn't make happy reading at all at the moment. We were actually homeless for more than 20 years when you think about it, right up to the SLS opening in 1995. Looking back I don't know how we managed to survive in all honesty, I doubt any club would be able to survive it these days.

Very best of luck folks, and hope there's better news for you all soon. 

Totally agree KOL, this forum doesn't make happy reading at all at the moment. We were actually homeless for more than 20 years when you think about it, right up to the SLS opening in 1995. Looking back I don't know how we managed to survive in all honesty, I doubt any club would be able to survive it these days.

Very best of luck folks, and hope there's better news for you all soon. 

Many thanks for your good wishes K.O.L. and H.W.

Can see our home games for 2015 been 30.8 miles away from HS....

if that's the case I can see some season ticket holders asking for their money back . If the worst does happen and we don't play at bc why not look closer to home to play temporary while things get sorted? Just thinking about york rugby union ground nice club house, ok not ideal but when the tykes play there they attract a few thousand with no problems parking etc and park and ride is at the end of the road?just a thought.

If we end up playing 'home games' anywhere but York thats me done I'm afraid, will want my two season tickets and shirt refunded, this is an absolute farcical and embarrassing position.

In simple terms what is the problem? JG talks about lack of clarity and concern that there's no guarantee of a home after two years at BC? Presently it looks like there's no home now so I think we should take the two years and then work on next steps after that. That said if JG had not stayed loyal and remained at the helm for the last three or fours seasons then we would already have no club already. No one else appears to be forthcoming to take the lead.

As for playing at Donny today, what is wrong with York RUFC, Acorn, or Heworth ? All descent enough for 400-500 fans which is about what we are these days, certainly better than Whitebank where Oldham play and on a par with Sedgeley Park where Swinton were tenants.

Bring back Ferres and Dixon ! Never been the same club Commercially since they left, we are now very naive and lacking in true busienss acumen, real shame as fans will drift away even more if something doesn't happen very soon.

andypk

andypk.gif

Proud of the lads yesterday against a full Super League team - not sure why Hull played young lads against Donny (from a higher league than us) and then the full side against us but not a problem really 

Thanks to all the Hull FC fans for signing the petition and for their kind words - they are very clear in their opinions when it comes to be a rugby club been run by a football club....only 1 winner there....

Proud of the lads yesterday against a full Super League team - not sure why Hull played young lads against Donny (from a higher league than us) and then the full side against us but not a problem really 

Hull are Doncasters Dual Reg partners so we usually play a predominantly younger team so we can see what they've got

Thanks to all the Hull FC fans for signing the petition and for their kind words - they are very clear in their opinions when it comes to be a rugby club been run by a football club....only 1 winner there....

Hull agreed to playing a near full strength team as part of the early cancellation of the duel registration deal between the two clubs

Hull agreed to playing a near full strength team as part of the early cancellation of the duel registration deal between the two clubs

Aye - and just how much money has the match day bar & local pubs lost out on given the Hull FC side selected & the turn out of their fans - well done all concerned.....

Aye - and just how much money has the match day bar & local pubs lost out on...

...and the company who prints the programmes.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Archived