so how was your christmas?

Had a nice enough time but our kids loved it which for me is the important thing. They are still young enough to believe in Santa and the magic of Christmas, their innocence and happiness is very special.

Starting a new job on 19th Jan so trying to make the most of relaxing and not worrying about going back to my current job on 6th Jan.

Had a nice enough time but our kids loved it which for me is the important thing. They are still young enough to believe in Santa and the magic of Christmas, their innocence and happiness is very special.

Starting a new job on 19th Jan so trying to make the most of relaxing and not worrying about going back to my current job on 6th Jan.

Why not the 5th like the rest of us?

rldfsignature.jpg

I had a lovely Christmas.  It was a quiet one this year after the previous three which were hyper active thanks to having a full house from Christmas Eve to just after Boxing Day.  So it was nice to just do very little and relax this year.

Christmas Day: Quiet, really, Bacon baps for breakfast, though! Then to the care home home to see 93 year old mother-in-law who does not recognise us, or anyone else for that matter. 

Then to the  Mablethorpe RNLI shop on the sea front. As regular RNLI shop volunteers, we went  to show support to the two volunteers on shop duty on Christmas Day.  Then brief walk on the beach, as it was  cold and windy

Back home for late ( 4 pm) dinner then waste the rest of the day.

Sunday 28th: brothers-in-in law came over to visit their mother in care home. They overheard two of the rather senile 85 year old female residents talking about them.  "Ooh....he's a big lad isn't he....I wouldn't like him on top of me!"  says one. the other says," no , not with all that bouncing up and down"

Monday 29th: over in Cheshire to see son and daughter in law and grand-daughters #3 and #4.   Chaos.

Congratulations to all those who endured Frozen and all its merchandise. If I have to look for Elsa's %*&£#@* shoe or crown once more I swear I'm going to glue them on. Had to laugh at my daughter sniggering every time Anna said to Christof "I want you to take me up the north mountain". Even funnier when g/daughter (nearly 3) said gravely "Its not funny mummy Elsa's lost".

Had a good day and pleased all the dinner turned out really nice. Boxing day at my sister's was good fun. Good old fashioned board games and a walk to the park for little ones.

Happy New Year to all

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

A good Christmas, excellent meal, fun board games (Stramash and Ratrace), plenty of company.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Had a really good one. Parents came up to Edinburgh, first time they havent hosted and done all tge hard work. Was nice treating them for a change, even if some of my siblings back in Wire did have a grumble :biggrin:

Now for Hogmanay with more family coming up to stay. Rather wish it was all over now!

New Years Day. About 2.00am. Ended up being offered half-price entry into a West Indian nightclub. No bother and staff were pleasant and friendly. However, I instinctively sobered up remarkably quickly.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Had a really good one. Parents came up to Edinburgh, first time they havent hosted and done all tge hard work. Was nice treating them for a change, even if some of my siblings back in Wire did have a grumble :biggrin:

Now for Hogmanay with more family coming up to stay. Rather wish it was all over now!

I spent three days in Edinburgh, leaving on the evening of the 30th. It was getting scarily busy around the Royal Mile and train station at 6pm.  

I spent three days in Edinburgh, leaving on the evening of the 30th. It was getting scarily busy around the Royal Mile and train station at 6pm.

torchlight processiin mate. Around 30k there, quite an impressive sight, although a bit Wicker Man-esque!

torchlight processiin mate. Around 30k there, quite an impressive sight, although a bit Wicker Man-esque!

Any pitchforks?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really enjoyed Xmas / NY

Didn't much care for going back to work last Friday ....

Got some great presents  -  vouchers for Fazenda steakhouse in Leeds, and tickets to see Dara O'Briain at the Grand Theatre later this year  -  super !

Came down with the norovirus on Christmas Eve, which pretty much kyboshed the whole thing. 

At least I didn't put any weight on, so every cloud.....

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left