2015 - Middle 8 Predictions

Well there will no doubt be a good few who disagree, but I can see 2015 being the most competitive SL season to date and the middle 8 is likely to be a danger zone for a number of clubs in SL, but I think Salford now have a squad to get them into the top 8 and Widnes still have an advantage at home that others don't and it does lead to some weird and wonderful results occurring at the Halton Stadium, so my middle 8 for 2015 is............

Wakefield

Castleford

Hull

Hull KR

Leigh

Bradford

London

Featherstone

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there will no doubt be a good few who disagree, but I can see 2015 being the most competitive SL season to date and the middle 8 is likely to be a danger zone for a number of clubs in SL, but I think Salford now have a squad to get them into the top 8 and Widnes still have an advantage at home that others don't and it does lead to some weird and wonderful results occurring at the Halton Stadium, so my middle 8 for 2015 is............

Wakefield

Castleford

Hull

Hull KR

Leigh

Bradford

London

Featherstone

I think the two Hull clubs have been more pro-active than anyone in the transfer market to try and ensure this doesn't happen. Next year's middle 8 will be very entertaining but the concept is ultimately flawed if we are going to reduce the funding Championship clubs will get in 2016 and 2017. My club Featherstone got 500k for finishing second this year but will get much reduced funding in 2016 according to reports. This will stop us being anywhere near competitive and it will be the same for Halifax, Leigh, Doncaster etc.

Something has to be done about the funding asap as this concept could be very interesting going forward.

Castleford

Wakefield

Hull FC

Widnes

Leigh

Bradford

London

Doncaster

Interesting.

Wakey fan puts own club in bottom four along with Cas and sees Fev not making the top four.

You can safely pick this using the tables from last year, but (just my opinion like) an astute assessment of the player movements is more the way to make the pick.

Nearly all clubs and fans seem to herald their team strengthening for this coming season as being remarkable, leaving their clubs all the more stronger this year.

Pull the other one, some will however bomb. Brave choices! 

Something has to be done about the funding asap as this concept could be very interesting going forward.

This is the major problem. Tinkering with structures won't fix this.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I don't like Sky. I know the game was on its last legs when they came along, but I really do think that Sky's millions are part of the problem because they hide the true position the game is in. Sky's money is, in effect, 'papering over the cracks' and it will continue to do so. We (the RFL) have got to find a solution to this problem, otherwise the future stretches in front of us, unchanged, forever.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

This is the major problem. Tinkering with structures won't fix this.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I don't like Sky. I know the game was on its last legs when they came along, but I really do think that Sky's millions are part of the problem because they hide the true position the game is in. Sky's money is, in effect, 'papering over the cracks' and it will continue to do so. We (the RFL) have got to find a solution to this problem, otherwise the future stretches in front of us, unchanged, forever.

I'm not sure I get your point. TV broadcasting money is a major part of any sport's income, this is the same for all major sports in this country and around the world - I'm not sure how that is papering over the cracks.

To keep it OT:

From SL:

Wakefield

Hull KR

Widnes

Hull FC

From League 1:

Leigh

Featherstone

Bradford

London

This is how I see it happening!

Wigan

Saints

Leeds

Wire

Salford

Cats

Hudds

Hull

Hull KR

Widnes

Cas

Wakey

Bulls

Leigh

Fev

London

Eagles

Dewsbury

Fax

Town

Batley

Donny

Haven

Hunslet

So middle 8 will be

Hull kr

Widnes

Cas

Wakey

Leigh

Bulls

Fev

London

With no movement I reckon but I hope their is.

This is how I see it happening!

Wigan

Saints

Leeds

Wire

Salford

Cats

Hudds

Hull

Hull KR

Widnes

Cas

Wakey

Bulls

Leigh

Fev

London

Eagles

Dewsbury

Fax

Town

Batley

Donny

Haven

Hunslet

So middle 8 will be

Hull kr

Widnes

Cas

Wakey

Leigh

Bulls

Fev

London

With no movement I reckon but I hope their is.

I think Cas will drop a bit but what you have them at would be a catastrophic decline.

The championship will be interesting. As with Cas in SL, do you think Doncaster will drop so drastically ? Batley have apparently recruited quite well, Town have a record sponsorship and a DR with Wigan, so they might be a surprise package and Hunslet, on any given day could have half the Leeds first team in their ranks.

Whatever transpires, I think the championship will have some cracking games next year with increased attendances. The opening weekend, Leigh v Bradford could possibly hit 10,000 and would be well worth a visit from Sky.

It's a pity the Cougars were so controversially relegated as a derby against the Bulls would have brought the biggest attendance to Cougar Park for years.

I think Cas will drop a bit but what you have them at would be a catastrophic decline.

The championship will be interesting. As with Cas in SL, do you think Doncaster will drop so drastically ? Batley have apparently recruited quite well, Town have a record sponsorship and a DR with Wigan, so they might be a surprise package and Hunslet, on any given day could have half the Leeds first team in their ranks.

Whatever transpires, I think the championship will have some cracking games next year with increased attendances. The opening weekend, Leigh v Bradford could possibly hit 10,000 and would be well worth a visit from Sky.

It's a pity the Cougars were so controversially relegated as a derby against the Bulls would have brought the biggest attendance to Cougar Park for years.

Yes I think Cas will struggle big time as they have lost alot of their best players I see it as a transitional season. I see donny struggling because hull will need all their players themselves to stay out of the bottom 4. Also Hunslet have recruited well but I think their pack will get dominated big time in our league I see teams running over the top of them. Hope I'm

Wrong but I do see haven and hunslet fighting it out to see who finishes bottom. As for town I think they will do well but won't be anywhere near the top 4 but I reckon they will be happy with staying up so its a win win for them.

I just hope one team makes it up. If the middle 8 results in the 4 SL clubs staying up it will damage the concept going forward.

That's very true but it is the likely outcome. In the second season of this there could be an even greater disparity when there is no parachute payment available.

I think an eventual return to guaranteed promotion for at least one team will have to come.

That's very true but it is the likely outcome. In the second season of this there could be an even greater disparity when there is no parachute payment available.

I think an eventual return to guaranteed promotion for at least one team will have to come.

Followed by the inevitable return of licensing in some form when teams go bust trying to get promotion and the team who does going straight back down followed by a return to middle 8 followed by return to straight P+R. Rinse and repeat.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Surprised everyone thinks London will make it.  They had a shocking year last year and I think they'll really struggle this year.  Still lots of new faces and, I suspect, low confidence.  But I hope they do well.

Surprised everyone thinks London will make it. They had a shocking year last year and I think they'll really struggle this year. Still lots of new faces and, I suspect, low confidence. But I hope they do well.

The only Championship side I can see getting promotion in 2015 is Bradford.

SIGNATURE

Surprised everyone thinks London will make it. They had a shocking year last year and I think they'll really struggle this year. Still lots of new faces and, I suspect, low confidence. But I hope they do well.

If their is a surprise package in the championship I think it will be London. They have gone under the radar so to speak and not really getting any mentions. Obviously they should finish in the top 4 with them being one of only three FT teams in the league but I personally feel they could surprise most people and win the league. I don't think any champ club will go up in the middle 8 but just feel London could be the surprise package as all the talk is about leigh and the bulls and London have gone about their business very quietly I just feel they could be the dark horse of the league or could be like you say a massive failure.

Widnes

Hull FC

Castleford

Wakefield

Bulls

Leigh

Fev

Fax

Bulls or possibly Leigh to go up at the experience of either Cas Or Wakefield i'm leaning towards Castleford to drop down, Really think there retention and recruitment for 2015 is a worry.

Bradford will replace Widnes in Div 1 for 2016.

i'll have some of what you are on pal, never out of the top 8 last season and semi finals of the challenge cup, and a very settled team to boot......we will be in the top 8 again this coming season 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

i'll have some of what you are on pal, never out of the top 8 last season and semi finals of the challenge cup, and a very settled team to boot......we will be in the top 8 again this coming season 

That was last season. We're talking about 2015 now.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

This has certainly got people interested and wasn't that the whole point?

I think that all SL clubs have put some real effort into signings this time around because of fear which is the true result relegation, whatever its champions say!

This does make it really every moment matters but predictions interesting and informative though they are, are the stuff dreams, prejudices and agendas are made

of ,Petal! A lot of posters are at pains to point out that you can't buy success but everyone it seems knows the formula for where each team will end up - I think it's a little bit more tricky than that! IMO

"When people say call me John ......."  the Beiderbeck Affair   "There's a huge cloud of shame around ------ and ----------- being seen as bedfellows.Amanda Palmer

"And the pig got up and slowly walked away"  popular poem and song

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived