General Election 2015

Might as well keep it in one place...

One of the problems of a fixed term election cycle is that the battle starts a lot earlier.

As someone said on twitter, the poster gaff/argument usually happens 2 weeks before the election!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Yes with fixed term parliaments we'll be going the same way as the Americans, they've been talking about who'll run in 2016 since 2013.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

the poster gaff/argument usually happens 2 weeks before the election!

Which just shows that people have rose-tinted memories of the past the second something new replaces it.

The election campaign for 2010 started the second Brown became PM.  We even had a phoney election run in after a few months.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I have quite an eclectic bunch of friends and family, politically speaking.  They range from far right to far left views, and lots in between, and the one thing that has struck me lately is that whenever the forthcoming election is mentioned, the overwhelming response seems to be ' I haven't a clue who I'm going to vote for, they are all the same'.

Also, it seems to be getting personalised around the party leaders. I am hearing quite a lot of 'I'm not voting for Milliband', or 'I'm not voting for Cameron' or I'm not voting for Clegg'.  When I say 'Well, actually, you aren't, you are voting for your local MP', it doesn't seem to cut any ice.

Should be an interesting few months, as the three polls featured on Sky news this morning showed the Tories a couple of points ahead on one, and Labour a couple of points ahead on the other two.  Ukip had about 18 points and LibDems about 7.

Nothing personal regarding any posts or posters but anyone know if it is possible to put a whole topic on "ignore"?  If not, it is gong to be a long and blood curdling 121 days, 8 hours, 27 26 25 24 minutes,

And you'll probably be the most prolific poster on it. It certainly will be four long months though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Nothing personal regarding any posts or posters but anyone know if it is possible to put a whole topic on "ignore"?  If not, it is gong to be a long and blood curdling 121 days, 8 hours, 27 26 25 24 minutes,

Just choose to ignore it and don't click on the header.

Mind you if you do ignore the thread you'll miss what everyone's saying about you! And as the only Tory? On these forums the rest of us will have no one to argue with.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Mind you if you do ignore the thread you'll miss what everyone's saying about you! And as the only Tory? On these forums the rest of us will have no one to argue with.

No problem! Most of you could start an argument in an empty house. ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I'm a Tory. B)

I also know who I am going to vote for.

Me too well actually i'm anti-labour

But jeez a tory in St.Helens thats as rare a rockin horse $hite

St Helens South has elected a tory since 2001... :ph34r:  :blind:

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I do that with most threads involving Parky.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

St Helens South has elected a tory since 2001... :ph34r:  :blind:

Shaun Woodward, the Labour MP for St Helens South:

When asked about having a butler, the Cuban cigar-smoking politician ... said: 'Nobody brings a tray of drinks. We just have three people who help with the house.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Woodward really fitted the Labour profile. Have you seen his property portfolio? He's not quite Micheal Meacher, though.

All I know is that the next 120 days or so will be full of politicians promising to do things that they don't have the capability to do.

Oh goody some of the least trustworthy members of society have started the lie lier bums on fire, he said, she said, they said retric in ernest for the benefit of the minority of the electorate who's vote actually matter in the election.

Congratulations to Lisa Nandy on her re-election by a comfortable majority and I'm already questioning why I bothered to walk to the polling station!

Best election article so far goes to The Daily Mash - http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/britain-draws-straws-over-who-has-to-talk-to-some-labour-party-######-2015010594091

I graduated with a Politics degree a few years back, and in theory I should be looking forward to this, but in reality I am dreading it. Sick already of the scaremongering - "NHS will die", "Economy will collapse" etc etc.

"According to Labour, it is literally: “we will recruit 1,000 extra nurses above whatever number we inherit from the SNP”. So regardless of existing staffing levels, regardless of existing clinical priorities, regardless of other devolved departmental priorities, Labour will spend the money just to get one over on the SNP." And there was me thinking Labour were going to be a little more frugal in these austerity days.

Will be interesting to see how a potential Labour-SNP coalition would go down in England. Any budget that is reliant on the votes of Scottish Nationalists might cause some a constitutional headache.

"According to Labour, it is literally: “we will recruit 1,000 extra nurses above whatever number we inherit from the SNP”. So regardless of existing staffing levels, regardless of existing clinical priorities, regardless of other devolved departmental priorities, Labour will spend the money just to get one over on the SNP." And there was me thinking Labour were going to be a little more frugal in these austerity days.

Will be interesting to see how a potential Labour-SNP coalition would go down in England. Any budget that is reliant on the votes of Scottish Nationalists might cause some a constitutional headache.

There is little doubt about that.

The new sponsor of the Challenge Cup, incidentally, is currently offering odds of 33/1 against Alex Salmond becoming the Deputy Prime Minister after the next election.

Those odds look quite tempting.

But I think such a move would create a constitutional crisis.

@labourpress p.44 of Tory dossier says Labour will cancel cuts to the arts budget.  We won't

The above tweet from Monday won hearts and influenced the arts community as you can well imagine!  Some interesting responses, its almost like there trying ot find parts of the electorate to alienate with no plus side. 

Can't recall one post I've read or conversation I've had were the arts budget has been front and centre of the debate on whats wrong with the country!!!

Archived