Trolls in the house

I consider that these forums are for fans of rugby league. The clue is in the name.

Our "family" of fans is like any other family, we argue, disagree and may get a bit heated at times. That's what happens in families. But we have a common love of RL.

Like other families we have guests in our house and we engage with them and maybe debate over religion, politics or sport. That's fine and that's what the Any Other Business/ Any Other Sport discussion board is for.

Even the cross code forum is there for us to discuss other sports and for US to express our opinions with our friends and family.

So fans of other sports are welcome to come into our house and we'll argue and debate and enjoy the craic.

Where I think it's wrong is for those guests to come into our house and tell us that their family is better than ours and they don't even like our family. they don't like our scrums ( i.e they don't like our choice of wallpaper) they don't like our style of furniture ( i.e they don't like the play the ball, their ruck and maul is better).

How rude are these trolls that come into our house? I wouldn't tolerate it in my actual home and I'm sure they wouldnt in theirs.

Bloody Rude.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I only partially agree. I'm relatively relaxed about these folks coming into our house and trashing the furniture.

Provided we maintain our right, as householders, to give them a damn good kicking and send them packing when they do. Instead, there is sometimes an inclination to provide minority rights and shut down threads whenever perfectly good historic references are made. I rather enjoy the rough and tumble of a good troll thread; they're usually morons, so why not let us have some fun?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Would you prefer that there is an agreed set of views and opinions that all members agree not to deviate from when they sign up to post on here?

Some form of interest in RL would make sense as a starter surely?

I don't mind trolls, especially the ones who initially pose as RL fans. It's fun watching them unwittingly giving themselves away after a few days' membership.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

When I read somebody say that Rugby League does nothing for them, I find it strange that they are on a site called TotalRL.com

What do they think the RL stands for?

Total Request Live, big fans of early noughties MTV pop music.

But TRL does look like 'troll'.

I see us as missionaries of a sort, we welcome those poor unfortunates in, give them a good home while slowly aiming to reverse the brainwashing of decades of union.  Unfortunately, it does have side-effects as some of those people snap and end up wearing pink marigolds during their transition to the more entertaining code of rugby.

The trolls are fun though, I genuinely do wonder though about how bored these people really must be to pretend to like rugby league enough to get over 100 posts just to post dross on the cross-code forum.  Surely they have something better to do with their lives such as pleasuring themselves over the persistent repeats of union games on the sports channels.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Surely they have something better to do with their lives such as pleasuring themselves over the persistent repeats of union games on the sports channels.

Surely you're not suggesting there are some right flankers out there?  :ohmy:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Surely they have something better to do with their lives such as pleasuring themselves over the persistent repeats of union games on the sports channels.

Rugby Onanists?

Would you prefer that there is an agreed set of views and opinions that all members agree not to deviate from when they sign up to post on here?

No.

I've read and enjoyed and sometimes agreed or disagreed with your point of view on the any other business forums. I even miss Severus' input on any other business section.

It's the criticism of rugby league in our house that I don't like. As I've said I'm sure you wouldn't dream of going as a guest into someone else's home and then procede to tell them that you dont think much of their taste.

Ron Banks

Aarhh those historic old clubs....

Did you play for them?

Apparently they could be a handful but they shot their bolt a good few years past. All things come to an end.

:ph34r:

Ahem. Their official name is Old Handjobians RFC.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Heaven forbid someone could actually enjoy both codes.

If you like both codes good for you

If you don't like rugby union say so and why ( after all, if you can't say what you like at home where can you?)

If you don't like rugby leage then you are obviously in the wrong house. Don't criticise your host or his taste, its the height of bad manners.

Ron Banks

I don't mind trolls, especially the ones who initially pose as RL fans. It's fun watching them unwittingly giving themselves away after a few days' membership.

Is there such a word as trollerate?

I like to think I'm quite trollerant. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

It's the criticism of rugby league in our house that I don't like. 

I should point out that some of the biggest critics of RL are season ticket holding, 10th generation, proper old school RL fans themselves. Check out the main forum on here.

Left unchecked some of the vitriol directed at RU could result in certain members on here imploding with orgasmic outrage and self satisfaction....which nobody wants.

I should point out that some of the biggest critics of RL are season ticket holding, 10th generation, proper old school RL fans themselves. Check out the main forum on here.

Left unchecked some of the vitriol directed at RU could result in certain members on here imploding with orgasmic outrage and self satisfaction....which nobody wants.

Every family has an eccentric somewhere in the closet.

I don't like having another families nutter running amok in my place.

Ron Banks

Every family has an eccentric somewhere in the closet.

I don't like having another families nutter running amok in my place.

With all due respect there are a hell of a lot of eccentric nutters in your family (on here)  ;)

With all due respect there are a hell of a lot of eccentric nutters in your family (on here)  ;)

I know but hey family is family. That's why we don't need other families loons on here too.

Ron Banks

Its great watching the out and out trolls implode

What the long-term trolls don't seem to appreciate is that this isn't a general, generic 'rugby' forum, its a Rugby League website, first and foremost, and to be realistic, they have to expect that there are some on here that won't tolerate them (and they can't complain at that really) and there are others that will wind them up and then others that enjoy a bit of banter.

However, why do some spend so much time on here with their blinkered anti-RL views? Have they no friends elsewhere?

They are the sporting Jehovah's....well they tried, but its like banging your head against a brick wall, and the unwashed really won't convert to union. Honestly, they won't.

Some must have a huge amount of spare time on their hands to read and post like they do.

Archived