Q&A Mexican rugby league

the mexican rugby league has agreed to do a Q&A with me, and i wanted to take this time to open it up to anyone who may have a question you want answered. you will be credited for the questions.

please have them posted here by sunday night.1/11/15

@LLRugby

What are their playing numbers?

How many clubs?

Have they made contact with RL organisations in the USA, Canada and/or Jamaica?

Any difficulty as regards official recognition as a sport separate from RU?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

How difficult is it to introduce Mexicans to a sport that is not soccer or wrestling?

What are the plans for developing the sport?

When might we see the first international game involving Mexico?

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

How responsible for growth have Latin Heat been and what level of influence will they continue to have?

Is there a possibility of attracting a retired/twilight years big name in another sport to be a rugby league poster boy? (Believe I heard UFC somewhere)

I would also like to back those who have asked for a question regarding links with other North American, and would like to add will they be entering WC qualification with these countries for experice purposes?

Thanks for posting this sjrugby

With yourselves, USA, Canada, Jamaica and Latin Heat, there could well be a RL Federation of the Americas but if and until that happens, have you been in contact with the RL European Federation?. They have helped many developing countries.

my bad, i interpreted it wrong. okay. i am going to submit these all now, and hopefully have the answers and everything posted by end of week. when it comes to these Q&A's it really depends how fast the other sides respond. ive had people respond by the end of the day and others take weeks. . ill let everyone know when its up.

thank you all!

@LLRugby

I look forward to it. Keep up the good work!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

my bad, i interpreted it wrong. okay. i am going to submit these all now, and hopefully have the answers and everything posted by end of week. when it comes to these Q&A's it really depends how fast the other sides respond. ive had people respond by the end of the day and others take weeks. . ill let everyone know when its up.

thank you all!

Thank you. I look forward to your next RL Q & A sj.

rldfsignature.jpg

so a slight change, i was able to make contact with one of the rugby league clubs in mexico whos president is also one of members of mexico rugby league board. so the questions where split between two parties and will be posted as a two parter q&a. i hope to have the first one up in a few days, and then translated to Spanish (harder then it seems) a few days after.

@LLRugby

With yourselves, USA, Canada, Jamaica and Latin Heat, there could well be a RL Federation of the Americas but if and until that happens, have you been in contact with the RL European Federation?. They have helped many developing countries.

A Rugby League American Federation for the continent of America would be a natural development, and for RL to recognize that America is one continent could be a way to gain exposure and boost awareness in the Latin part of America where everyone understands that American is a continental identity.  Where FIFA and RU divide America in 2, RL could get it right like handball and basketball do.

A Rugby League American Federation for the continent of America would be a natural development, and for RL to recognize that America is one continent could be a way to gain exposure and boost awareness in the Latin part of America where everyone understands that American is a continental identity.  Where FIFA and RU divide America in 2, RL could get it right like handball and basketball do.

Except that it isn't just WR and FIFA, it's entire cultures and countries that have different "continental theories". Nobody in Canada/US considers the Americas to be one continent.

In my opinion, all you need to do is look at a map. NA and SA are clearly separate large land masses. Far more distinct than say Europe and Asia.

But yes, our own continental associations will be needed soon.

Just to muddy the waters further my daughter just played hockey in the Central American and Caribbean games in Veracruz, Mexico and neither North or South American teams, save Guyana, who have a British history, were involved. Mexico and Cuba were the big dogs in that fight.

Archived