Sponsorship outrage!

Yeah, that's rubbish from Warrington.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

This IS one I am outraged about.

Really disappointed with the club here.

http://warringtonwolves.com/Wolves-ground-breaking-partnership-with-Truvape-7644

Personally I think there should be no smoking association with RL, and was really disappointed when Saints took on the partnership with Totally Wicked. This Warrington tie up is also disappointing. 

However looking at it from the other side of the argument, if e-cigs are genuinely less bad for one's health than real cigs and if people want to smoke then vaping is probably preferable to doing it old school. Lesser of two evils kind of thing. 

Yeah funny one this. Promoting e cigs as an alternative is one thing, but this amount of advertising and being freely available at the ground does come across as promoting the e cig as sociably acceptable in public areas, which i am not certain it is yet. Even somebody puffing on a fake cig sat in front of you at the ground will still get the back up of some supporters. Also, teenagers are buying these things without ever smoking properly to look "cool". This sponsorship does not help the fact that it is still worse off for you to smoke e cigs than to not smoke at all.

Some of the security staff at the HJ ejected a spectator for using an e cigarette last year when Hudds were playing. I wonder will the e cigs be tolerated in this coming season.

Have you not read the article, they are lifting the ban.

What the hell are they thinking, this sends out all the wrong signals.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I think there is a lot of ignorance and silly reaction on here.

I use e cigs.  They are nothing like smoking or cigarettes.  They are legal everywhere and there is no reason whatsoever to ban them.  They offer no threat to anyone else and studies so far consistently support the view that young people are NOT taking them up and there is NO take up of e cigs by never smokers. 

In fact, more and more doctors are coming out in support of e cigs.  ASH are in favour of them.  My brand of e cigs, VIP, are tested to EU standards.  Some e cigs are of dodgy quality but vaping and smoking are nothing like each other at all.  The clue is in the words 'vaping' as opposed to 'smoking'.  E cigs do not create smoke, there is no tobacco, and none of the 60 other poisons contained within cigarettes, so they are far, far healthier than cigarettes and they are proving to be a much more popular alternative to patches and gum for quitting (patches and gum have taken a hit in sales as a result of the growth in e cigs).

Sanctimonious know-nothings are irritating generally but specifically on this subject.  People have the smoking ban in public enclosed spaces.  Leave alone those of us who have quit the cigs and are now seeking to quit the habit (ie the use of the cigarette in the hand and the nicotine hit).  Leave us in peace for goodness sake and get off your high horses.

I'm very glad Saints partnered with Totally Wicked and I'm very glad we are free to use our e cigs at Langtree Park.  We are grown ups and grown ups should be allowed in a grown up environment to enjoy something that is perfectly legal and of no harm to anyone else, just as others enjoy their drug of choice alochol (which is often of considerable harm to others).

Personally I think there should be no smoking association with RL, and was really disappointed when Saints took on the partnership with Totally Wicked. This Warrington tie up is also disappointing. 

However looking at it from the other side of the argument, if e-cigs are genuinely less bad for one's health than real cigs and if people want to smoke then vaping is probably preferable to doing it old school. Lesser of two evils kind of thing. 

E CIGS PRODUCE NO SMOKE!

an issue I have is that we have lifted the ban on these in the stadium. Oh and guess what, there just so happens to be a company paying to sponsor the stand.

I hope this isnt a sign of the club post-Gatcliffe.

I use e cigs. They are nothing like smoking or cigarettes. They are legal everywhere and there is no reason whatsoever to ban them. They offer no threat to anyone else and studies so far consistently support the view that young people are NOT taking them up and there is NO take up of e cigs by never smokers.

In fact, more and more doctors are coming out in support of e cigs. ASH are in favour of them. My brand of e cigs, VIP, are tested to EU standards. Some e cigs are of dodgy quality but vaping and smoking are nothing like each other at all. The clue is in the words 'vaping' as opposed to 'smoking'. E cigs do not create smoke, there is no tobacco, and none of the 60 other poisons contained within cigarettes, so they are far, far healthier than cigarettes and they are proving to be a much more popular alternative to patches and gum for quitting (patches and gum have taken a hit in sales as a result of the growth in e cigs).

Sanctimonious know-nothings are irritating generally but specifically on this subject. People have the smoking ban in public enclosed spaces. Leave alone those of us who have quit the cigs and are now seeking to quit the habit (ie the use of the cigarette in the hand and the nicotine hit). Leave us in peace for goodness sake and get off your high horses.

I'm very glad Saints partnered with Totally Wicked and I'm very glad we are free to use our e cigs at Langtree Park. We are grown ups and grown ups should be allowed in a grown up environment to enjoy something that is perfectly legal and of no harm to anyone else, just as others enjoy their drug of choice alochol (which is often of considerable harm to others).

ok, ill accept being ignorant on this. Can you educate me and tell me what governments and WHO think about these?

All ive ever read on them is that there is insufficient evidence of benefits.

Why do you think Warrington (who championed the smoking ban in advance of the laws) have now lifted this e-cig ban? Why would they do this without official government guidance?

What could possibly have made them change their mind?

£££

And I've heard that they'll be selling Kaliber in the bars as well

We are grown ups and grown ups should be allowed in a grown up environment to enjoy something that is perfectly legal and of no harm to anyone else, just as others enjoy their drug of choice alochol (which is often of considerable harm to others).

I don't mean to sound rude here, but I find it hard to understand why you took a pretty negative stance to a betting company becoming involved with RL but are quite defensive over an E Cig company becoming involved. In the Ladbrokes thread you mention being in line with Richard Lewis' view of trying to entice sponsors of a more healthy walk of life, is this what you mean, because e cigs are apparently healthier than normal cigerettes (which doesn't make them healthy btw)?

I think if you apply the quoted reasoning to E Cigs then I can't understand why you wouldn't to a betting company.

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

I use e cigs.  They are nothing like smoking or cigarettes.  They offer no threat to anyone else and studies so far consistently support the view that young people are NOT taking them up and there is NO take up of e cigs by never smokers. 

In fact, more and more doctors are coming out in support of e cigs.  ASH are in favour of them.  My brand of e cigs, VIP, are tested to EU standards.  Some e cigs are of dodgy quality but vaping and smoking are nothing like each other at all. 

Never seen a bad post from you. I'm gonna put you forward as a replacement for Solly and Wood.

Can I ask you if you can get EPints??

Cause if you can you can keep 'em

"I use e cigs. They are nothing like smoking or cigarettes. They are legal everywhere and there is no reason whatsoever to ban them. They offer no threat to anyone else and studies so far consistently support the view that young people are NOT taking them up and there is NO take up of e cigs by never smokers."

Sorry, i dont know much on this subject but all i read is that there is no evidence in support or against the effects of the e cigs. And with regards to non smokers taking it up, I can tell you that it does happen, I only have to look at my teenage daughter for proof of that.

Not everyone thinks e-ciggs are healthy it seems.

So does anyone think Alcohol is healthy?

Rhinos have Tetley's plastered all over the ground and the lad and lasses in the south stand are plastered all over the ground on Friday matchdays including my milkman who doesn't deliver until Monday.

Now that's a point, full fat Milk is bad for you as is watching Featherstone Rovers.

Archived