Celebrity Big Brother

So, anybody watching this?

I dont watch it regularly, but must admit it is a guilty pleasure.

Pretty controversial episode last night, one person kicked out and Reg Holdsworth giving an insight into sexually-inappropriate celebrities.

Fascinating stuff.

Go on then, I'll admit to watching it if no one else will. :)

For the benefit of those not watching, here's the stellar line up this year. Take a look and see what you're missing! ;)

Alexander O'Neal
Alicia Douvall
Calum Best
Cami Li
Chloe Goodman
Jeremy Jackson
Katie Hopkins
Kavana
Keith Chegwin
Ken Morley
Michelle Visage
Nadia Sawalha
Patsy Kensit
Perez Hilton

So far, Katie 'insult-o-matic' Hopkins is quite the damp squib, being easily outdone on the vile-ometer by Ken 'I used to be Reg in Corrie' Morley, and the train wreck that is Jeremy 'I used to be David Hasselhoff's kid in Baywatch' Jackson.

It did seem to descend into chaos pretty quickly this year.

Only a matter of time before Ken gets the boot. Calling Alexander a negro in a Deep South accent was madness - Alexander handled it brilliantly I thought, calmly and firmly.

Reg is simply mental. The sexual inappropriateness is shocking, especially against the backdrop of the last few years. Telling Chloe to be careful with her allegations against Jeremy because he is a movie producer was a real insight to blokes like him, many who have had police knocking on their doors recently.

I wouldnt be surprised if people didnt start looking into some things.

It did seem to descend into chaos pretty quickly this year.

Only a matter of time before Ken gets the boot. Calling Alexander a negro in a Deep South accent was madness - Alexander handled it brilliantly I thought, calmly and firmly.

Reg is simply mental. The sexual inappropriateness is shocking, especially against the backdrop of the last few years. Telling Chloe to be careful with her allegations against Jeremy because he is a movie producer was a real insight to blokes like him, many who have had police knocking on their doors recently.

I wouldnt be surprised if people didnt start looking into some things.

Ken should have been evicted yesterday, regardless of the actions of the other total burke from Baywatch - language like that has been an automatic eviction in the past, ever since the whole Shilpa Shetty saga in an earlier Celeb BB. He's completely unhinged and shouldn't be in there. I'm usually a fan of this sort of TV, but the atmosphere in there is totally vile at the moment

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Ken should have been evicted yesterday, regardless of the actions of the other total burke from Baywatch - language like that has been an automatic eviction in the past, ever since the whole Shilpa Shetty saga in an earlier Celeb BB. He's completely unhinged and shouldn't be in there. I'm usually a fan of this sort of TV, but the atmosphere in there is totally vile at the moment

It's an interesting one the racism point. I took a slightly different stance yesterday when discussing with my partner. She thought he should have been instantly evicted, however I'm not so sure for that one incident. He was saying it in a joking manner, so slightly different to some of the previous bullying style incidents that people have been evicted for. I also liked the way that it was handled in the house, Alexander did a very good job, as well as Michelle (IIRC) at reprimanding him. He looked stupid, and one of those arrogant stubborn arseholes who refuses to change their ways (and confirmed as much in the diary room last night when saying it is PC gone mad).

I don't believe people should just be kicked out straight away, it is the human side that I enjoy about the show and whether we like what he said, people do say that, and the challenge was interesting. I think a formal warning was right at that point.

However, based on his overall 'performance' I think he should have now been kicked out. Some of the sexual stuff is far more serious based on the issues around celebrity sexual abuse in recent years. To say the thing about perving at girls bums (and then actually go into the bathroom) is not only inappropriate, but also makes people feel uneasy and potentially unsafe. These things cannot now be dismissed as jokes in that environment in my opinion. There was also the comment about aggressive sex which I missed but heard them discuss.

And finally when he said to Chloe about the allegations about Jamie and be careful because he is a movie producer, I actually found that quite chilling and was a real insight to his mind.

Individually I think each incident should be a warning, all together he looks like an absolutely vile old man who would fit in more in prison than in the BB house.

On last night's show Perez was also a complete idiot and I think he should either get a formal warning or be close to getting kicked out. During the game they played he was aggressive and a grade a tool. 

There are clearly some fruitcakes in there, and it's what makes it compelling TV for me.

Yeah broadly I think we're pretty much on the same page. On the racism thing, on the civilian one someone got chucked out for using similar words in a jokey way, so there is precedent – it is Big Brother though and consistency isn’t a strong point. I’d be surprised if Ken lasts the week, like you say the girls don’t seem comfortable with him at all, he seems a ticking time bomb.

Also agree on Perez, the mask slipped a bit last night. As my Dad might say, a face you’d never tire of punching.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

Only know 4 of them, just before my time but Ken Morley apparently was a teacher at my high school before moving into acting, must have known what was coming!

Out of interest who are the four you know?

Looking down the list I think I knew of 8 of them in advance (as in knew their name if I saw their picture).

Alexander O'Neal

Calum Best

Katie Hopkins

Keith Chegwin

Ken Morley

Nadia Sawalha

Patsy Kensit

Perez Hilton

I also knew of these two but wouldn't have know their names.

Chloe Goodman

Jeremy Jackson

Ken has been removed from the house for a second incident using offensive language.

SQL Honours

Not bad, I know 10 of them. I think most reality shows have hit their peak and have become stale, whereas the psychological side of BB or now CBB is why it's the only one I watch now. You think after the last two they can't be topped for weirdness, aggressiveness and astonishment but we may well have another. CBB on channel 5 has yet to have someone go in from the outside but maybe this year?? Nadia is getting on my wick.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Not bad, I know 10 of them. I think most reality shows have hit their peak and have become stale, whereas the psychological side of BB or now CBB is why it's the only one I watch now. You think after the last two they can't be topped for weirdness, aggressiveness and astonishment but we may well have another. CBB on channel 5 has yet to have someone go in from the outside but maybe this year?? Nadia is getting on my wick.

yeah Nadia is a pain in the backside, keeps controlling people, particularly the young girls.

I expected her to be normal and liked, but she's a right pain.

Love the rumour mill before hand. Last series Dog the Bounty Hunter was being touted and the one before was Mr T. I was astounded when Evander Holyfield was in the Jim Davidson one then remembered he was in Strictly USA and has to sell his soul as he has no coin after a successful career.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Love the rumour mill before hand. Last series Dog the Bounty Hunter was being touted and the one before was Mr T. I was astounded when Evander Holyfield was in the Jim Davidson one then remembered he was in Strictly USA and has to sell his soul as he has no coin after a successful career.

Evander Holyfield is also currently advertising HDTracks, with the line "If it sounds this good with one ear..."

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Love it when a stranger with hundreds of online posts tells fellow strangers to "get a life" without a hint of irony.

SQL Honours

Archived