Trouble at NS&I!

Erm, I thought all you pensioners were skint? :dry:

But it was very nice of that nice Mr Osborne to give you all a nice gift pre-election bribe. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

They fought in the war, you know.

Shouldn't they be down to burning their ration books to keep warm rather than seeking new investment opportunities for their fortunes? :dry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Erm, I thought all you pensioners were skint? :dry:

But it was very nice of that nice Mr Osborne to give you all a nice gift pre-election bribe. :rolleyes:

My wife should have been in receipt of her state pension this month but now has to wait another six years. Also, it looks like she will be made redundant for the second time in four years following on from my redundancy. Perhaps it's a gift to soften the blow.  ;)

Its a sop to those few  remaining pensioners with any accessible savings  who have been subsidising you avoricious debt-ridden mortgagees through the reigns of successive governments. We didn't fight the war just to keep you lot in Guardian subscriptions, tofu and Waitrose gift cards y'know. Clip round the  ear ole, that what you need. Modern yoof? Pah! You don't know you're born!

Its a sop to those few  remaining pensioners with any accessible savings  who have been subsidising you avoricious debt-ridden mortgagees through the reigns of successive governments. We didn't fight the war just to keep you lot in Guardian subscriptions, tofu and Waitrose gift cards y'know. Clip round the  ear ole, that what you need. Modern yoof? Pah! You don't know you're born!

Oh dear, grandad's gone off on one again.  Better switch off his hearing aid.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

when griff talks about bribes,it must be like the same bribes that the last labour gov threw at all the young lasses  to breed,,,tax credits and all the other  money that was threw at the breeders,,,pensioners who are putting their money into bonds with money they prob have saved  mebbee doing without holidays or a car,certainly they didnt get it with the benefits thats thrown about today,,not only to our own deadbeats but deadbeats from abroad,,labour love people to depend on these benefits beinggood vote catchers,,,by the way forgive my ignorance but a stranger walking in here would for all the world think he was in a audience of question time.  ta ta

My wife should have been in receipt of her state pension this month but now has to wait another six years.

Snap - something she is not best pleased about.

Found this online.  It's from 2013 so has the UK woman as retiring at 62, whereas now its 65,  and it's extremely difficult to make a like-for-like comparison between nations’ pension schemes, as each country has different qualifying criteria and ways of calculating entitlement.  However, despite this, it does show some marked differences.

pension-table.png

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Found this online.  It's from 2013 so has the UK woman as retiring at 62, whereas now its 65,  and it's extremely difficult to make a like-for-like comparison between nations’ pension schemes, as each country has different qualifying criteria and ways of calculating entitlement.  However, despite this, it does show some marked differences.

pension-table.png

My lad is 34 and not looking good for the future, with the age for state pension probably going over 70. At least he is well on the way to investing in a pension. I did manage to invest in the bond having redialed for ten minutes.

Found this online. It's from 2013 so has the UK woman as retiring at 62, whereas now its 65, and it's extremely difficult to make a like-for-like comparison between nations’ pension schemes, as each country has different qualifying criteria and ways of calculating entitlement. However, despite this, it does show some marked differences.

pension-table.png

The state pension age for France isn't quite like that. It depends on your job or profession. I have a tiny(yes, really tiny) state pension from France based on 6 years contributions. It was granted from the age of 65. More or less all professions have a state pension age of 65. A friend works for the economic development unit of the Vichy conurbation and her state pension and retirement age is 65. Indeed France has been going through exactly the same things as in the UK about pensions, retirement, health care and costs, living longer etc etc...unless you work for the electricity, gas, rail, post office and telecom state companies. I suspect it's the same in Germany, too.

Forgot to add, each year I have to prove to the French authorities that I am still alive.......don't say it!!!

Archived