Lovies

It's coming up to Oscars time, and the forum is ripe for a thread containing current and historical comments from deluded showbiz types.

This is from Cathy Tyson in the Guardian:

I’m indebted to my parents... they were both working-class. My father was a barrister and my mother was a senior social worker.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Bloomin' 'eck!

Yes, he actually makes you look like a Guardianista. :P 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

anybody knows that. They make you sick

Taliban mouthpieces; recommended by all top brass musicians.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

To be fair, I much prefer the Dennis Wick Ultra SM4U Gold.

That's 'Denis', by the way. Still alive, according the internet, which i didn't realise. Haven't seen him since the late Eighties.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

My bad. I used to call him Den....and called me "hey  you, ######!"

(I played the Kings Hall Belle Vue in May 1968 for The Cheetham Hill Band under Harry Cheshire ( Les Preludes), so he was probably after my time) 

Out of interest, what instrument did you play?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Triangle

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

euphonium and E flat bass....and triangle. I was no Roland Kirk so only played one at once. Retired on marriage. Still in family. Niece is music teacher and involved with Freckleton Band

euphonium and E flat bass....and triangle. I was no Roland Kirk so only played one at once. Retired on marriage. Still in family. Niece is music teacher and involved with Freckleton Band

My dad was part of the design team for Boosey & Hawkes' 'Sovereign' range of instruments. He <ahem> took a lot of work home with him that never made it back the the workshop, including 'The Leviathan', an euphonium with a tuba bell grafted onto it. Sounded great, but never made it to production.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

My dad was part of the design team for Boosey & Hawkes' 'Sovereign' range of instruments. He <ahem> took a lot of work home with him that never made it back the the workshop, including 'The Leviathan', an euphonium with a tuba bell grafted onto it. Sounded great, but never made it to production.

I bet he had a whale of a time with that instrument.

For his performance as a man dying of AIDS in 'Philadelphia' Tom Hanks received the Best Actor gong. In his speech he thanked his old drama teacher and called him 'One of the finest gay Americans'.
Trouble was, the actor's teacher had never actually come out.!!!  Oops.

A few years later this incident was made into a film, 'In and Out'.

And chief luvvy Sir Laurence Olivier's speech takes come beating - "This award is a great firmament of your nation's generosities which shows the prodigal, pure human kindness of it all. This is a beautiful star in that firmament which shines on me at this moment and I am experiencing the euphoria that happens to so many of us at the first breath of the majestic glow of a new tomorrow."

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Archived