Joe Burgess

Great year for the lad ,hope he takes the NRL by storm

I presume this is in reference to the confirmation of his moving next year at the Fans Forum tonight.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Dunno dont go to fans forums bit old for that,just what most sports sites are saying

The worst kept secret was confirmed there tonight, that's why its all over the sports sites.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Sad for SL but great for the kid

Quite. I'd have liked to have seen more of him in a Wigan shirt, but it will benefit him to go to the NRL. It'll broaden his horizons on and off the field. And, at that age, he's probably got few concerns as regards resettling wife, kids etc.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Whether you like the Roosters or are a right-thinking person, he's another addition to an already-exciting squad.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Was it?

Or was it rumoured?

Whatever it was SL is struggling to keep talent/get talent as our salary cap is very static

I'm sure the Roosters had confirmed it.

Its true unfortunately, we need to raise it IMO Burgess has only played 1 season at top flight level.

Was it?

Or was it rumoured?

Whatever it was SL is struggling to keep talent/get talent as our salary cap is very static

I doubt if the salary cap played a big role in this. NRL clubs don't pay big money for wingers - our NYC is full of star wingers. If I was a 20-year-old from Wigan and I could get paid to live on a beach in Sydney for a couple of years, I'd be there tomorrow.

I doubt if the salary cap played a big role in this. NRL clubs don't pay big money for wingers - our NYC is full of star wingers. If I was a 20-year-old from Wigan and I could get paid to live on a beach in Sydney for a couple of years, I'd be there tomorrow.

they don't pay 20 year old wingers enough to be able to afford beach houses......

Ahh nothing ever changes still no salary cap at the roosters! People on hear bang on about the low profile of RL in England well is it any wonder why when 70% of the genuine talent goes else where, It is very simple and I'v said it before Star players attract support and create headlines and RL in England breeds them for others to profit from them, Not saying Joe Burgess is a star player yet but he is well on the way to being one and a club with endless cash and no fans has seen the potential. 

Is it just me, or is it a bit odd to sign someone for next season before this one has started? What if he has a crappy season?

I think it happens quite often, we just don't usually hear about the signings until later on when the clubs decide to announce them. When Leuluai left Wigan he had signed for NZ Warriors before his last season at Wigan had started.

Are you fast?  I'll pay you £120k.

Archived