Doomsday clock

We're doomed, doooomed I tell you...  Closest to "midnight" since 1984.

Although I understand the methodology, the subjective psychological bit of me struggles to get this.  I was on the eastern edge of West Germany in the late 80s guarding things that no-one really wanted to admit at the time, I know the institutional paranoia that was going on then and that it really was just one minor nutjob away from WW3. Yet we're about the same rating but it's mainly about things that are not as hard-nosed as two superpowers about to go toe-to-toe in a nuclear war.

Quite scary really given that this is as about as objective an analysis as we're likely to get to how screwed we are.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

It's a good time to buy a suite from DFS on 3 years interst free.

It'll be worn out at worlds end and you won't have to pay for it.

On the other hand I would strongly recommend that you desist in buying any RUWC tickets

( knowing my luck, if I bought some the clock wouldn't run out and I'd have to go and watch).

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Never really understood the Doomsday Clock.  Here's a serious question ....

When is the beginning of the world on this mythical 24 hour clock ? 

Big Bang ?  Start of life ?   Start of civilization ?  Formation of the RFL ?  Ten minutes ago ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Archived