Record ST sales at Leigh

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club announced today that they expect ST sales to top 2000, a figure 4x that of 2013

Wow! Great news!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those ticket holders are likely to see good things too, going by the team's form.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's what happens when people get off their asses and work at it. Good for them

It helps when the fans can see some tangible reward for a successful season , in fact up to now other than the move to FT ( funded in no small measure by the increased central funding ) and some good recruitment the club havent actually done much if any marketing 

What is needed if this new structure is to succeed is further increases in central funding further down the Championships 

Yip, no marketing at all, bar exposure on Local TV, National Press, Sky, BT Sport etc its amazing how that suddenly happens - magic. Town is talking RL again, every school assembly is being visited with players and trophy's etc Probably the most talked about club in the close season. Give me No Marketing every day of the week.

It helps when the fans can see some tangible reward for a successful season , in fact up to now other than the move to FT ( funded in no small measure by the increased central funding ) and some good recruitment the club havent actually done much if any marketing 

What is needed if this new structure is to succeed is further increases in central funding further down the Championships 

Heresy !.

I think there is more to it than that.

look at leigh's abyssmal attendances when they had a successful promotion season last time.

It seems odd that there are all these thousands of people waiting in the wings for the structure of the game to change.

I would hope that people who aren't 'fans', or who are even new to the game are attracted to the centurions.

hard work, imagination, positivity works and it pays off in other areas: positivity breeds positivity.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Yip, no marketing at all, bar exposure on Local TV, National Press, Sky, BT Sport etc its amazing how that suddenly happens - magic. Town is talking RL again, every school assembly is being visited with players and trophy's etc Probably the most talked about club in the close season. Give me No Marketing every day of the week.

you say there is no marketing

and then you give an example of marketing.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

To be fair craig the TV and press has been down to the recruitment , wouldnt you say ?  , and we've been visiting the schools for years ,not always with a trophy true ,I was meaning more around town marketing , especially as I still believe most still dont know what this season is all about 

To be fair craig the TV and press has been down to the recruitment , wouldnt you say ?  , and we've been visiting the schools for years ,not always with a trophy true ,I was meaning more around town marketing , especially as I still believe most still dont know what this season is all about 

I live out of Leigh but when I go back I wouldnt waste a penny on specific around town marketing. The best marketing is word of mouth and perception around town

I think there is more to it than that.

look at leigh's abyssmal attendances when they had a successful promotion season last time.

It seems odd that there are all these thousands of people waiting in the wings for the structure of the game to change.

I would hope that people who aren't 'fans', or who are even new to the game are attracted to the centurions.

hard work, imagination, positivity works and it pays off in other areas: positivity breeds positivity.

Yes our ave in 2004 of around 1,800 was poor considering we had Tommy Martyn that year playing some great stuff , this season with guaranteed ( hopefully competitive for the 1 st time in decades ) games against Bradford and London with potential matches against 4 other current SL clubs though is without doubt looking interesting to our wider support base 

How many ' new ' fans we attract is the big question and challenge ,that is where I would like to see more work 

Depends on what you class as success really.

We could be giving nothing to the lower leagues and going in to an SL season with a 2.5m salary cap and a £2m central marketing budget and bang on another 2k to SL clubs and end the season with an 11k average.

Conversely we could give a flat 1.5m to every club and cut the SL SC to that and have the championship SC as that, we have a tight and tense competition in the middle tier getting 6-7k people every game, but SL loses even more of its best players and only averages 8k, with the accompanying loss of sponsorship and visibility.

Hows everyone else's season ticket sales? there doesn't seem to be much shouting from the rooftops about how this new systems is attracting people to SL clubs, or C1 clubs, or even all championship clubs.

Do people really think that the virtually guaranteed significant average attendance increases in all divisions will not be heavily promoted as proof the changes are successful, it will be factually correct and if it changes the perception of a declining sport then Brilliant

Do people really think that the virtually guaranteed significant average attendance increases in all divisions will not be heavily promoted as proof the changes are successful, it will be factually correct and if it changes the perception of a declining sport then Brilliant

The only figure that means a thing for the health of the game is the overall aggregate attendance for the whole game.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The only figure that means a thing for the health of the game is the overall aggregate attendance for the whole game.

I'd agree with that , and I'd expect an initial drop overall , success would be for all clubs attendances overall to grow from that starting point as more ' bored ' fans return and bring with them new fans as interest and a sense of importance is spread further than the top of SL who have won anything 

Does that mean early 90's was much higher than SL years?

Are you saying the game was healthy in the early 90s? Or are you saying attendances were higher?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived