NW League

mmp

Looks like a more balanced league structure this season and they've managed to accomodate the sides dropping out of NCL, the sides left stranded by winter and just the sides that proved themselves out of the merit league. Incidentally it appears that Ulverston must now be in the Cumbria league, leaving Hindpool as an anomaly (albeit less so than Dalton)

• 2 weeks later...

Been some reorganisation of the divisions. Don't have a full list but updated Division Three:

Ashton Bears A
Blackpool Scorpions
Bolton Mets
Burtonwood Bridge
Chester Gladiators
Eccleston Lions
Fitton Hill Bulldogs
Langworth Reds
Leigh East A
Little Hulton Reds
Pilkington Recs A
Wigan Bulldogs

This looks like the final offering

NWML 2015

PREMIER

Ashton Bears

Bold Miners

Clock Face Miners

Folly Lane

Haresfinch

Haydock

Heysham Atoms

Hindley

Rylands Sharks

Shevington Sharks

St Maries Vikings

West Bank Bears

One

Bamber Bridge

Chorley Panthers

Halton Simms Cross

Hindpool Tigers

Latchford Albion

Leyland Warriors

St Helens Wildboars

Thatto Heath A

Wigan Spring View

Wigan St Cuthbert’s

Wigan St Judes A

Wigan St Pats A

Two

Accrington Panthers

Bank Quay Bulls

Bury Broncos

Golborne Parkside

Halton Farnworth Hornets

Leigh Miners A

Oldham St Annes A

Orrell St James

Rochdale Mayfield A

Widnes Tigers

Woolston Rovers A

Three

Ashton Bears A

Blackpool Scorpions

Bolton Mets

Burtonwood Bridge

Chester Gladiators

Eccleston Lions

Fitton Hill

Langworthy Reds

Leigh East A

Little Hulton Reds

Pilkington Recs A

Wigan Bulldogs

Four

Bury Broncos A

Cadishead Rhinos

Crosfields A

Culcheth Eagles

East Manchester Rangers

Garswood Stags

Mancunians

Rochdale Cobras

Runcorn

Rylands Sharks A

Westhoughton Lions

Widnes St Maries A

Incidentally the changes since first draft:

Bank Quay Bulls down from premier to division 2

Rylands Sharks up from division 2 to premier

Salford City Roosters A pulled out of division 1

Leyland Warriors up from division 3 to division 1 (a triple promotion as they won division 4)

Burtonwood Bridge down from division 2 to division 3 (effectively turning down promotion)

Westhoughton Lions down from division 3 to division 4

Chester Gladiators up from division 4 to division 3

I'm guessing given the teams involved a lot of Bank Quay players have moved to Rylands?

The irony being Culcheth Eagles finished one place above Rylands and have dropped 2 divisions to division 4

Not sure of the details with BQB/Rylands but I do know Culcheth had several Golbourne Players in the team, and with them joining the Summer Competition now, felt it appropriate to drop down to rebuild.

Wonder if Rylands have NCL ambitions as they meet the criteria? Though Bank Quay do have the feeling of a club towards the end of their life span much like Halton Simms Cross

They applied for 2013 but got knocked back because they hadn't fulfilled their summer fixtures before reverting to winter

Last time I spoke to the Rylands guys about NCL, they said they have that ambition, however at the time were very nervous about the travel costs, if they overcome that hurdle they'll do well

Agree about BQB, they have started to set up a Junior Section over the past couple of years, but i think its a bit too late to help out the current OA side

Have the NCL relaxed its criteria as it appears there are a number with no A teams, another worrying trend

I think this has been the rule for a number of years, the requirement is to have a reserve structure in place, but teams name their U18s as such

Personally don't know how the teams keep going without an A team in place with regular fixtures, if lads don't get to play that's where I see people drifting away

The trend the last few season seems to be of A teams struggling but smaller clubs picking up more players and strengthening.

Certainly is. With a young club like Bury for example now able to put out two teams each week it's a surprise that some NCL teams can't

Certainly is. With a young club like Bury for example now able to put out two teams each week it's a surprise that some NCL teams can't

1/2 chance Bury will run a B team in merit league too...(i say, thinking of boots sat in shed struggling with concept of not being able to play any more!)

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/burybroncos/

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen the latest division 4. East Manchester Rangers are now Manchester Rangers. Mancunians are gone. Chester are back in and Crosfields A are no longer in it but I assume that means they're division 3? West Bank A are now in division 4

Just seen the latest division 4. East Manchester Rangers are now Manchester Rangers. Mancunians are gone. Chester are back in and Crosfields A are no longer in it but I assume that means they're division 3? West Bank A are now in division 4

Yeah that's correct Crosfields A are in Div 3 instead of Chester. West Bank A have replaced Mancinians (who I assume are in entry division)

I'm led to believe that the Entry division is looking quite decent this year. West Bank were looking to play in the divisions but beforea Mancunians dropped out they were full

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/burybroncos/

Archived