Only 330 tickets left

Great news on the ticket sales. Let's hope this match sells out and the whole series benefits from the momentum.

Slightly off topic, but I see that Souths are going to train with Wigan in the build up to the Saints v Souths game according to reports today.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-league/news/article/480/9683170/super-league-and-nrl-south-sydney-rabbitohs-to-train-with-wigan-warriors

Last year Shaun Wane didn't seem to like it when Warrington trained against the Roosters before their WCC match with Wigan:

“I’ve a good memory. I’ve not fallen out with anyone, he’s a good bloke Tony, he makes his choices, I make mine. But I would never have done it. I wouldn’t have done it. It was disappointing."

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-warriors/wolves-clash-has-extra-spice-wane-1-6505394

Perhaps Shaun's memory isn't as good as he thought it was!

That's great news! Not shore what is going on with where we will be based I'v been told Salford then Leeds now i'm hearing Wigan last I heard it was Leeds.. Any one who doubts how Souths will be approaching the WCC should go to our web site I was looking at it yesterday and the Club is describing it as one of the biggest events in our history! That's not bad considering the grand history of South Sydney. Cant wait for this one!!!!!

Didn't Saintslass tell us that the game wouldn't sell out?

No need to troll.

I didn't say that.  I said I would be surprised if it sold out due to there being similar games on the same weekend within 10 miles of Langtree Park.

If it does sell out then that is great.  Nice surprise for me.  If it doesn't then I'm not worried about that at all.  As I said on the closed thread, so long as it is a good match and Saints win then that's all I'm concerned about.

That's great news! Not shore what is going on with where we will be based I'v been told Salford then Leeds now i'm hearing Wigan last I heard it was Leeds.. Any one who doubts how Souths will be approaching the WCC should go to our web site I was looking at it yesterday and the Club is describing it as one of the biggest events in our history! That's not bad considering the grand history of South Sydney. Cant wait for this one!!!!!

Souths and Wigan are having an open training session in the week running up to the match (Wigan advertised it on Twitter today) so that would suggest the Rabbits are staying somewhere near to Wigan although it's likely to be Manchester area I would imagine.  I can't see the reasoning behind staying in Leeds.  That would be nuts.  Why subject a visiting team to the worst bits of the M62 twice a day?

Great news on the ticket sales. Let's hope this match sells out and the whole series benefits from the momentum.

Slightly off topic, but I see that Souths are going to train with Wigan in the build up to the Saints v Souths game according to reports today.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-league/news/article/480/9683170/super-league-and-nrl-south-sydney-rabbitohs-to-train-with-wigan-warriors

Last year Shaun Wane didn't seem to like it when Warrington trained against the Roosters before their WCC match with Wigan:

“I’ve a good memory. I’ve not fallen out with anyone, he’s a good bloke Tony, he makes his choices, I make mine. But I would never have done it. I wouldn’t have done it. It was disappointing."

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-warriors/wolves-clash-has-extra-spice-wane-1-6505394

Perhaps Shaun's memory isn't as good as he thought it was!

Lets hope they are training at Wigan.  Nothing like a bit of local rivalry to add a bit of extra spark,  bring it on I say.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11752175._/

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/4682

Link to the sales figures.

Cracking with still the best part of a month to go.  Walk ups will be disappointed.

It's all about da bass

Souths and Wigan are having an open training session in the week running up to the match (Wigan advertised it on Twitter today) so that would suggest the Rabbits are staying somewhere near to Wigan although it's likely to be Manchester area I would imagine.  I can't see the reasoning behind staying in Leeds.  That would be nuts.  Why subject a visiting team to the worst bits of the M62 twice a day?

I'd put money on them staying at Wrightington Hotel & Country Club.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.aspx?id=10087&type=1

I've just bought my tickets for this.  I have tickets for all 3 games for my birthday weekend (to me, love from me!) and now this on my actual birthday - its as if they knew  :biggrin:

I'm so excited about the whole thing!! I'm looking forward to this more than the start of the season - though no doubt that will change next week  ;)

Yeah I read it the same way. Wigan aren't helping Souths out, they're helping themselves by training with an NRL team before they themselves play an NRL team.. Shaun Wane's issue with Tony Smith was based on Warrington trying to replicate the Wigan style of play for the Roosters benefit.

Just someone trying to add a bit more to the local rivalry..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Cheers.. Souths will be based in Leeds for the most part is what the tour group told me when I rang them today so that suits me as i'v always wanted to go to Headingley.

Cheers.. Souths will be based in Leeds for the most part is what the tour group told me when I rang them today so that suits me as i'v always wanted to go to Headingley.

Staying in Leeds makes no sense.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I'm sure we can all make some suggestions as to where you might care to visit,depending on individual preferances.

City centre of Leeds is pretty good nowadays.Wives will want to see the Victoria Quarter - I let it! Book either West Yorkshire Playhouse or the Grand Theatre for an evening.

Short drive out to Harrogate/York.Take a drive through Ilkley,Skipton to the Dales,taking in say Burnsall/Grassington.

I'm sure alternative suggestions will follow! Enjoy the trip.

Staying in Leeds makes no sense.

Travel agent who we are traveling over with said we will be meeting up with the boys at there base in Leeds, Surprised me but i'm also glad.

p.s. at this time of year,it's dark by 5.30pm ish,so it's important to plan your evenings,as well as the days.Check out First Direct Leeds Arena and City Varieties,Leeds for events.Royal Armouries is well worth a visit,if you are into that sort of thing.Or maybe dinner and jazz in Harrogate?

Wait till you get to Wiggin, "yer con av meight n pratoe pies" but beware everthing comes in crust, even the ice cream men sell Steak and Kidney cornets.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

I can't see the reasoning behind staying in Leeds.  That would be nuts.  Why subject a visiting team to the worst bits of the M62 twice a day?

Easy.

Yorkshire + worst bits of M62 > Lancashire

People called Romans they go the house

Good stuff.. Any news on how the Warrington ans Wigan games are selling?

Archived