Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnoco

Holocaust Memorial Service

Just watching the Holocaust memorial service on BBC 2 now. Very moving and unreal stories....like something from a movie.

It's hard to believe that ordinary men, who loved their kids and played with them and kept pets could be so cruel, but the Milgram experiment is said to prove that most of us are capable of such behaviour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOYLCy5PVgM

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Just watching the Holocaust memorial service on BBC 2 now. Very moving and unreal stories....like something from a movie.

Radio 5 have been covering it all day, and doing a pretty decent job too. Some of the memories and reminiscences were very emotional.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

No fan of David Cameron but he spoke very well and announced there is to be a holocaust memorial in London. Glad I watched it and reminded me to keep my own prejudices in check.

Holocaust denial is illegal in some countries I think.  Germany for one?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Its not illegal in the UK.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

It shouldn't be illegal anywhere. It's legal to believe that evolution didn't happen and it's a much bigger concept involving a lot more people. It should never be illegal to believe anything and state that opinion.

It's not illegal to believe that water is not wet but I know what I would think about someone trying to tell me such trash.

It's not illegal to believe that water is not wet but I know what I would think about someone trying to tell me such trash.

But surely you wouldn't prosecute and imprison them.

Not over something as trivial as I have suggested, denying the holocaust is a bit more sinister though. It's all about education and had the last of the survivors not told their tales, we all might well have grown up thinking 'well it wasn't that bad' etc. 

Believing something is one thing; actively seeking to spread misinformation is another entirely.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.