Comparing the cost of a care home to a holiday hotel!

A women on BBC Breakfast said the the weekly cost of a care home was cheaper that staying in a holiday hotel! Beggars belief. She went on to say that youngsters should put in motion plans to deal with it (I presume Care Home Plan) and then put it away somewhere safe. Many youngsters are struggling to make ends meet never mind this extra outlay.

Care home anywhere between £500 and £1000 per week depending on level of care.

For £500 you could go on a nice cruise and never be more than 5 minutes away from a state of the art sick bay and doctor.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

For £500 you could go on a nice cruise and never be more than 5 minutes away from a state of the art sick bay and doctor.

and after a second visit to doctor youre dropped ashore at the next port and repatriated, not really care now is it.

and would they take you to the toilet, help you get undressed, change your nappy and empty your commode daily.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

if you have saved and bought a house throughout your working life, the £500 to £1,000 a week will not last you long in a care home especially UP NORTH. In Oldham an average house would possibly pay for 12 to 18 months of care only, until the Gov't had taken most of it off you to pay for it. ( they will leave you with £20,000 or something like that i think). On the other hand if you have been a total W******** all your life and P***** all your money Up The Wall, the Gov't will pay for everything anyway .......... That's how it is NOW never mind in the future

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

and would they take you to the toilet, help you get undressed, change your nappy and empty your commode daily.

No they wouldn't and there is a real need for that type of care.

But I visit lots of old people that are paying £500+ who are completely Independant and in good health ( for their age). Often they made the decision to go into assisted living accommodation whilst they were still fit enough to make that decision for themselves. Very often these are the same people that organise the afternoon entertainment, coffee mornings etc.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

My mother in law entered this world 93 years ago with nothing, and when she leaves it, she will leave with nothing ( if you see whay I mean) She was was admitted to a care home 18 months ago  as she has severe dementia and cerebral atrophy and cannot control her mind or her body. We have had to sell her flat in Bolton to cover her care home fees as her assets including her flat came to more than £23,500. Once her assets drop to £23.5 K the state will pick up the bill...if she lasts that long. The care home costs I think £535 a week.

We knew this would be the situation  and its clear that someone has to pay the bill for such care. We don't expect owt for nowt   She's a widow, but her husband used to own and run (starting at 4.30 am!!) a confectioner/bakery and outside caterers in Hindley, Leigh (x2), Walkden and Salford. He paid his taxes, his business rates and he employed a large umber of local people over many years, so the family have both paid their dues and at the peak, earned their money . They have helped the local economy significantly, too.

The vermin referred to in this news item have done none of those things yet you the taxpayers are about to pay £37,163 per year to keep each of these animals alive in prison, a total of about £1,200,000 assuming they'll only serve half of their sentences in prison.

All the other defendants had long criminal records in their home country, with 32 convictions between them .Pawlowicz had also been convicted in the UK for offences including sexual assault and affray. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31056608

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31056608

Archived