Choose the USA National Team Name

They need something redolent of the USA eh? How about the Wal-Martians? Google it and wince, but we could get sponsorship off Asda. Actually, probably not...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the difference between a bison and a buffalo?

You can't wash your hands in a buffalo.

Sorry.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

What about something capitalising on the USA's national pride/ Egotism? USA Apollos? (Maybe not in a thirteen man game thinking about it. You'd hate to play loose) Perhaps Astronauts, Thunderbolts or Falcons? The latter two being some of their most common fighter planes.

If we are going down the military path how about the USA friendly fire?

The USA Waterboarders might strike terror into the opposition...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

They used 'Pioneers' for their B team against Leeds.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 months later...

Douchebags with bleached teeth! The Eagles?

The Eagles are...

1. A coke-addled soft-rock band, and

2. The official nickname of the USA Rugby Union team. Assuming they even use the 'U' word any more.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Take it to the limit one more time... The Bleechers... not only teeth either!

but seriously ... The Braves, its been done before but gotta be something like thats not to cheesy! 

Well Hawkes it is then! Familiar animal of prey totem but not cheesy like the Wild stallions dude

Archived