moore

plug

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im hoping Fax came to an agreement to have first choice on him when they agreed to let him out of his contract. When Liam spoke at our awards night he spoke of his love for the club and how he thought he was going to finish his career with us but then the Cas offer came out of the blue and was too good to turn down and he were gratful to Fax for letting him out of the contract.

What did you want him to say at the Fax awards night I been playing at Fev because there a better club but the new coach doesn't want me so I will settle for Fax

As for Moore lets see what happens because if he plays like he did at back end of last season and improves on that as a player then we will be ok

Mybe he dunt like fighting for the no7 shirt because he is'nt garranteed it now

That probably IS the case. He believes (and has said before according to some old posts) that he should be a sure thing for a shirt.

He can do the business but instead of doing it and gaining his place in the team properly, he takes his toys home when he isn't picked.

A shame for a talented lad to be this way. On his day he can be great but when his head's up his rectal passage he can be silly on the field and the game goes against you.

SIGNATURE

I have watched our great game for 40 years and the best British no.7 i have seen was brought up on Post Office Road overlooking the ground!He was a genuine tough lad with all the skills and his battles with Australian Test tough guy Tommy Raudonikas were legendary .

I have watched our great game for 40 years and the best British no.7 i have seen was brought up on Post Office Road overlooking the ground!He was a genuine tough lad with all the skills and his battles with Australian Test tough guy Tommy Raudonikas were legendary .

not much footage of the great man around apart from the Challenge Cup finals (he was outstanding in '73), but there's a brief glimpse of him bursting through the Aussie ranks early on in the clip below taken from the RL World Cup in 1972...that game had everything, some great tries. some controversial refereeing (look at the blatant push on Australia's first try, then the first-ever 7-point try) some great play from Bobby Fulton, remarkable goal-kicking by Terry Clawson and even a late try by (ahem) Stevo.

A very good player?????

He was the finest ever athlete that ever played the game and as he was my hero as a 12 yr old that opinion stands!!

seriously tho.... much better than very good.....

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

A very good player?????

He was the finest ever athlete that ever played the game and as he was my hero as a 12 yr old that opinion stands!!

seriously tho.... much better than very good.....

Best in the world for a spell

Deryck Fox wasn't too shabby either,infact Moore could pick left or right boot from these two and he couldn't lace either of 'em.So Gareth keep yours on the ground and screw your loaf because we've had some world class scrum-halves grace the field for us in the No7 shirt,it deserves respect for the privilege of playing in it.

Forza Fev

My top 5 Steve Nash,Phil Butler (my uncle),Derrick Fox,Dale Fennel and Tex Hudson.Compared to these fantastic scrum halves I'd class Moore at around 48th and I bet my 5 mentioned wish they were on his wages when they played.

These lists are subjective and obviously depend upon the age of the person. I would have the name D.Fox mentioned twice in addition to S.Nash.

I can just remember Don Fox playing when I was a kid. I have been very lucky to watch these players, and it's part of the reason I still come down - waiting for the next one.

I have fond memories of your Uncle Phil - he gave everything. I seem to remember him getting involved briefly in a game he wasn't actually playing in. Not sure if any video still exists of that incident versus the touring Aussies. If he hasn't mentioned it to you ask him about it.

Only 1 Steve Nash

chappy

My top 5 Steve Nash,Phil Butler (my uncle),Derrick Fox,Dale Fennel and Tex Hudson.Compared to these fantastic scrum halves I'd class Moore at around 48th and I bet my 5 mentioned wish they were on his wages when they played.

Send Phil my regards BP, we played together in the juniors and I loved him to bits. In my book he was under-rated because he retired too early through injury, but he helped turn Rovers around when they were struggling after Nashy moved on. They tried half a dozen scrum halves before Phil forced his way in, and what he lacked in skills he more than made up for in tenacity and spirit. Moore is more skilful than Phil was but if he had half his attitude and aggression he would be a world beater.

Send Phil my regards BP, we played together in the juniors and I loved him to bits. In my book he was under-rated because he retired too early through injury, but he helped turn Rovers around when they were struggling after Nashy moved on. They tried half a dozen scrum halves before Phil forced his way in, and what he lacked in skills he more than made up for in tenacity and spirit. Moore is more skilful than Phil was but if he had half his attitude and aggression he would be a world beater.

Good mate of mine is Phil and if he hadn't popped his shoulder 1976 Rovers would of won the double

Good mate of mine is Phil and if he hadn't popped his shoulder 1976 Rovers would of won the double

creep

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

How about Don Fox. Jimmy Russell wasn't three bad either. Hope this isn't already on Facebook.

Well you are on Facebook Colin

Im Fev and im proud

fact

Phil was a good player,n thy's a creep. westy telled me

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Archived