Sports England - Active People Survey

Newest figures are out -

http://www.sportengland.org/research/who-plays-sport/by-sport/

Safe to say they do not make for good reading.

RL 16+ drops from 53500 to 32500

(Some caution needs to be applied to these figures as they are from a phone survey, but they are probably the most reliable, as they are independent and repeatable)

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The caution I talk about is because smaller sports will see a greater 'flux' in their figures from a small number of respondents, but that's the nature of surveys. 

To show that point -

2011-2012 = 31600

2012-2013 = 41900

2013-2014 = 22400

That's suggests that we increased by 10,000 then dropped 20,000 in 3 years. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Newest figures are out -

http://www.sportengland.org/research/who-plays-sport/by-sport/

Safe to say they do not make for good reading.

RL 16+ drops from 53500 to 32500

(Some caution needs to be applied to these figures as they are from a phone survey, but they are probably the most reliable, as they are independent and repeatable)

BR lets be clear these figures are the Primary indicator for the targets set by Sport England for our NGB as contractually outlined within the Whole Sport Plan.

Rugby League - APS 7 = 55,700    APS 8 = 40,600  = Decrease 15,100

I believe it is the age group figures for 14-25 year olds that are measured as shown above, so on that basis its very possible a funding cut could to be on its way.

In comparison to.............

Rugby League - APS 7 = 55,700    APS 8 = 40,600  = Decrease 15,100 (-27%)

If find the following statistic very interesting................

Rugby Union - APS7 = 152,800      APS8 = 180,000 = Increase 27,200 (+18%)

Read in to that what you will.

Sorry to say but don't quote the phone survey as the reason it is down is the same as the increase was done as well.

I would call for David Gents head, is he not the head of Participation, where is the £11 million being spent or been spent that the RFL had and are having for participation during 2013-17, where has the increase in participation gone, you will have that many players you won't know what to do with them, because of all the BBQ's and extra people coming to the games you will have that much revenue you won't know where to spend it, and the standards will be better

So the volunteers have that much money they introduce another tier of coaching level is this to increase participation of volunteers as this is also part of Sports England funding criteria is that why we have first aiders (important) touch line marshall's, level 1 and 2 coaches, and make a note of every volunteer doing any job.

I was worried 2 years ago, we had an invited touch tournament, they registered every parent, grandparent, guy walking his dog that was in the area just to increase participation, now you have RU and RL arguing who is the registration counting for the touch game

Martin Rothwell and the RFL have introduced another concept in Primary RL and funny enough Martin has jumped ship?

I also say if the Pennine disintegrates the game is in a right mess

Bowes you respond very quickly to most posts on the forum let us know your thoughts?

Sorry to say but don't quote the phone survey as the reason it is down is the same as the increase was done as well.

I would call for David Gents head, is he not the head of Participation, where is the £11 million being spent or been spent that the RFL had and are having for participation during 2013-17, where has the increase in participation gone, you will have that many players you won't know what to do with them, because of all the BBQ's and extra people coming to the games you will have that much revenue you won't know where to spend it, and the standards will be better

So the volunteers have that much money they introduce another tier of coaching level is this to increase participation of volunteers as this is also part of Sports England funding criteria is that why we have first aiders (important) touch line marshall's, level 1 and 2 coaches, and make a note of every volunteer doing any job.

I was worried 2 years ago, we had an invited touch tournament, they registered every parent, grandparent, guy walking his dog that was in the area just to increase participation, now you have RU and RL arguing who is the registration counting for the touch game

Martin Rothwell and the RFL have introduced another concept in Primary RL and funny enough Martin has jumped ship?

I also say if the Pennine disintegrates the game is in a right mess

Bowes you respond very quickly to most posts on the forum let us know your thoughts?

Loss of development officers and the U16 scholarship set up are the two factors to blame. The midlands went from 9 to 4 junior teams at U16 when these two factors occurred simultaneously and the decline elsewhere seemed to coincide. Wilber on the other thread describes things better than I ever could though

Loss of development officers and the U16 scholarship set up are the two factors to blame. The midlands went from 9 to 4 junior teams at U16 when these two factors occurred simultaneously and the decline elsewhere seemed to coincide. Wilber on the other thread describes things better than I ever could though

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/261098-u23s/page-2#entry3063171

Certainly makes some valid observations.

Archived