The Auckland Nines

Allora

We should be inviting the Kiwi women's team to play a three test series - all as curtain raisers to the Eng v Kiwis test series. If the RFL can't sense the massive shift in appreciation of women's sport then they are clueless. They may even get their games on the BBC red button and highlights on the BBC as the camera equipment is already there. Well worth the investment to pay for them to come over for PR purposes alone. They also play some good stuff was very impressed this morning.

I'm certainly looking forward to the other two matches between these teams.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That women's game actually looked really good from the highlights, big hits and a couple of skilful tries. Excellent stuff. 

It was one of the most entertaining matches of day 1. The crowd really got into it too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Loved the tacking of Ruan Sims, sister of Ashton, Tariq and Korbin. Great comments from Andrew Voss as usual

Imagine being the parent of the Sims kids when they were growing up!

Mind you, the same goes for the three Peters sisters in the Ferns team. After the first big hit, the commentator called Rona Peters 'The Ironing Lady', and for good reason - she left her opponent neatly flattened and folded!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Loved the tacking of Ruan Sims, sister of Ashton, Tariq and Korbin. Great comments from Andrew Voss as usual

Voss is a class commentator and should be Australia's main RL commentator except he had the guts to stand up to that disgraceful grub & (Western Sydney God like figure) ray hadley and unfortunately Andrew paid the price.. Don't care who wins the 9's so long as it's not cronulla that club has no business being anywhere near trophy's.

Fell asleep much earlier than id have liked last night, but were there as many spectacular corner flag tries this year? I didnt see many.

There does seem to be a lot of unstructured touch rugby stuff versus last year.

Look out Rabbits are on a roll 3 from 3!!!

The Warriors are through from the group stage.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Canterbury v Brisbane - two teams playing very badly. A poor show.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just a little side note, The young fella playing for Souths Angus Chrichton is an Australian RU junior so we have got on to go the other way and he looks the goods to me.

What were Parramatta up to with their substitutions? Making sure there were nine on the pitch isn't hard - even Terry Matterson can count that high on his fingers...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another try for Matt King, Warrington fans!

The difference in pace between the play in the good games and the bad ones is stark.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

And another one bites the dust!! 4 from 4 & i'm starting to like the 9's now 

Just realised - this time next year, Joe Burgess could be playing Nines for the Roosters. That would definitely be worth staying up for.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Warriors v Sharks next. Big home team support, but Cronulla have been playing some good stuff so far.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ferns/Jillaroos #2 up next. Then, to bed, I think.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'v said it before and I'll say it again NZ Warriors just lack the rite stuff between there ears, Cannot believe they choked again 9's is made for them. Souths V Chooks Final please.

Again, big impacts in the women's international #2.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 from 5 bring it on!

Archived