Superbowl Another fantastic advert for Rugby League !

The thing with the Super Bowl, same with the internationals at Twickers for union, is that it's an excuse to have a bit of a party and day out, it's not about just going to a game and watching it.  A few of my American friends had massive parties to watch it even though very few people attending supported either side, an excuse for a damn good party with some football thrown in to sweeten the deal.  Treat it as a wider event with the sport being the lynchpin feature, but by no means the only feature, and you'll get the right approach.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's game, the second half, with Q4 especially, was probably the producers' greatest dream come true in terms of on-field intensity.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The thing with the Super Bowl, same with the internationals at Twickers for union, is that it's an excuse to have a bit of a party and day out, it's not about just going to a game and watching it.  A few of my American friends had massive parties to watch it even though very few people attending supported either side, an excuse for a damn good party with some football thrown in to sweeten the deal.  Treat it as a wider event with the sport being the lynchpin feature, but by no means the only feature, and you'll get the right approach.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's game, the second half, with Q4 especially, was probably the producers' greatest dream come true in terms of on-field intensity.

Saturday in Philly was the coldest day of the winter and I had to go to the Mall for household shopping .I walked 5 yards to my lift and my legs were frozen .When I got to the Supermarket the whole place was buzzing it was like sales on black Friday .Then I realized they were all shopping for thei Superbowl parties ,well its their culture so fair enough, I refer to it as the Grand final or the cup final ,but they don't correct me they know what I mean lol.What Ive noticed about games like NFL and Basket Ball Ice Hockey etc is that the excitement comes with the clock E.G 2 minutes from time is a long time in a close game .Also I cant get why its the owners who get presented with the winners trophy before the players

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Well I for one really enjoyed the game.

Also loved all the NFL build up on Sky as they gave it a full weeks worth of coverage.

I watched hours of the build up on the day and I can't wait until the next season starts.

Go Giants B)

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

I was a bit too tired to get into it this year, but is it just my imagination or are the pauses between plays a bit shorter these days? They seemed to get on with it a bit quicker, but I wasn't totally alert last night.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was a bit too tired to get into it this year, but is it just my imagination or are the pauses between plays a bit shorter these days? They seemed to get on with it a bit quicker, but I wasn't totally alert last night.

It may be you getting used to it because it still took the same length of time to get through a game of 60minutes and ball in play 7 or 8 minutes

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

First time watching it last night, also the last time. To much stopping takes out any engagement from me and saps the intensity out of the game.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

Indeed.  It'd be a good game if they'd just get on with it.  About 10 or 11 minutes action in two hours viewing, apparently.

Incidentally, there's a Rugby League connection here.  Seahawks Head of Player Performance (or head of summat) is Dean Riddle, ex Leeds, Cas, Sheffield, Leeds United, Sheffield United, Yorkshire CCC, Cliffe FC (and doubtless a few more) conditioner

Yeah if they 'got on with it a bit more' 'till they delivered non-stop action crammed into, say, two halves of 40 mins; utilised MUCH more lateral passing; and maybe got rid of all the pads & crash helmets ..yes I think I'd find it quite watchable then.

Also why is it in American sports the teams that win the final they always call themselves the World Champions?

I remember a few superbowls ago this point was put to Mike Carlson, the american pundit who always seems to pop up on these kind of shows in the uk. His justification for that tag was simply 'no one else plays to our level'. The fact that basically no one else outside the US plays at any level whatsoever seemed lost on him.

Archived