5 Feb: Widnes Vikings v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Draw
    • Wigan Warriors

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'd be surprised if anyone gets to ref a Wigan game this season, they'll keep this one.

I was going to ask hy Sutton didnt get sent off early on, then realised who he played for.

Shocking.

Disagree, we need to protect our players and Ah Van didn't just hit the head he swung at it.

The large majority of games refereed by James Child end up in some sort of controversy. Why you'd entrust the season opener to him is beyond me.

It's been an absolute joke from almost the start. Widnes haven't looked great but the pathetic rulings overwhelmingly in favour of Wigan have ruined this critical night already.

Farrell also hit the head, from behind having lined the player up

Not even a penalty

I'd never even heard of that Sutton fella, and before I'd even found a comfortable seating position he had t*****d someone round the head.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Ah Van was definitely a red, but the Liam Farrell late and high hit got nothing. No real justice at all. Having said that, Widnes are poor and young Hulme is absolutely bricking himself.

Why? He's just misjudged a tackle, no malice. Just poor timing / technique. 10 mins

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

There is obvious emphasis on player protection this year especially when it comes to the head, it's something the sport has to do to keep up with other sports.

I don't mind the decision to send Ah Van off but consistency is key.

One thing I would say about Ah Van's tackle is I don't have a problem with it IF it is refereed like that from now. I've always been in favour of us being strong on contact with the head.

BUT, there is no way that's a sending off last year, and it would mean that we had lowered the bar quite a bit on what is classed as a sending off offence and we will need to be strong on it when games have 3/4 players going off because that will happen whilst players get used to it.

Post-Flower, it looks like refs are going to be more terrified than ever of Wane. Anyone playing Wigan up until Easter is going to get rinsed until the Ape considers the 'injustice' spent.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived