Batley V Workington

BatleyFanAndy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to be a tough game that could go either way, but with home advantage I'll go

Batley 22 - Worky 16

Rettie

Leatherbarrow

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Batley 22 - 20 Workington

Rowe

723 paying ( 87 freebie tickets, 6 sneaking in at bottom gate, 9 waiting at gate until they open at half time )

JC

Far too many regular freeloaders at our club for my liking, especially when we're struggling for income as it is.

I'm not sure who is in charge of dishing out complimentary tickets, but I'd suggest that they're more than a little over-generous.

r02c.gif

Far too many regular freeloaders at our club for my liking, especially when we're struggling for income as it is.

I'm not sure who is in charge of dishing out complimentary tickets, but I'd suggest that they're more than a little over-generous.

maybe " complimentary " tickets should be at least a fiver , that could generate a few hundred quid each home match......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Back us for the win, had a bad day v NWC but our defence is normally miserly, can't see us making those mistakes again so 30-12, first scorer anybody 2 to 5, perm any 4 from Ainscough, Rettie, Squires, Faal, JC in those positions. Crowd around 770.

Steady on Tom or the over zealous Mod will come down on you for even thinking of saying anything bordering on being critical.

Depends how we respond after the North Wales game, threy are a good side and anything could happen in the opening weeks.

Will be a tough opener that could go either way, Worky have 14 start at the bookies which looks a good bet for what will be a close game.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

The 14 start by the bookies is far too many, worth a flutter that for the Workington fans. The game will come down to determination and commitment . With the Wigan DR players Workington will have a strong team and I predict a very close game. Going for Bulldogs 26 Workington 20 hopefully a crowd of 750 plus.

Agree that people getting in free needs to be watched and controlled.

As of now we have no knowledge of any DR players . We've lost Lupton ,who had his best game in town colours against you at DP last year, so we only have one half . That's the area of debate and concern for us , and where we hopefully have some assistance . Hopefully Fifita and Walker are available , and we then won't need anyone there . All eyes on the half situation for us this week . We are very fit and drilled , and are built on a solid defence . Scoring points is an issue to address for us - hence our half dilemma , but by n large we are usually very competitive under PV ... But without the beloved BP system that must be turned into wins this year !

As of now we have no knowledge of any DR players . We've lost Lupton ,who had his best game in town colours against you at DP last year, so we only have one half . That's the area of debate and concern for us , and where we hopefully have some assistance . Hopefully Fifita and Walker are available , and we then won't need anyone there . All eyes on the half situation for us this week . We are very fit and drilled , and are built on a solid defence . Scoring points is an issue to address for us - hence our half dilemma , but by n large we are usually very competitive under PV ... But without the beloved BP system that must be turned into wins this year !

Lets hope for a top game and good luck to you after Sunday of coarse. Hope we both survive in the championship and make the top 8, I enjoy my trips to Workington The Saturday nights up there are worth the trip alone and set things up for the game the following day.

Batley 12 Town 20

I predict a tough game for both teams, I think vievers first full pre season with us might swing it our way.

Seems like there are quite a few coming down from Workington and it's usually a good craic with Batley fans.

Whatever the result, best of luck for the season Batley.

It will be a close game but I think we might just take it in the late stages of the game.

Batley 32 - 22 Workington

1st try - Ainscough

MOM - JC

Att: 700

As for the people who get a in free every week. They aren't real fans.

rubbish. maybe just maybe these fans who you say aint real fans are sponsers who get complimentary tickets, so they go on to spend at the bar before and after the game, and  maybe buy golden gamble tickets too, so rather than be calling them freeloaders or not real fans we should be glad they turn up and sponser players or we might end up with 300 fans come sunday..glad i aint a big sponser reading this tosh or i might stop my bissa dd and say cobblers, maybe some a these fans chipped in to the biff fund too. :pickeat:

I manage to buy a season ticket, buy food and drink, turn up at almost all the events at the club (this Friday for example). I have sponsored players with family for years. Even had a pitch side board a few years ago. I Buy a new shirt every year. I donate to bissa occasionally (probably only £50 last season though) I donated money towards sponsoring players on behalf of this forum this year. If I was offered a free ticket. I would give it to someone who might not normally attend the game and pay in myself as this was how I became a fan in the first place. I believe a sponsor would prefer this as it would bring more people in to the ground to see their logos. Sponsors want people to see their brand and maybe spend money with them at some point. 'Fans' who won't even pay in to see their favourite club are unlikely to spend a dime with a sponsor.

Just my opinion.

I manage to buy a season ticket, buy food and drink, turn up at almost all the events at the club (this Friday for example). I have sponsored players with family for years. Even had a pitch side board a few years ago. I Buy a new shirt every year. I donate to bissa occasionally (probably only £50 last season though) I donated money towards sponsoring players on behalf of this forum this year. If I was offered a free ticket. I would give it to someone who might not normally attend the game and pay in myself as this was how I became a fan in the first place. I believe a sponsor would prefer this as it would bring more people in to the ground to see their logos. Sponsors want people to see their brand and maybe spend money with them at some point. 'Fans' who won't even pay in to see their favourite club are unlikely to spend a dime with a sponsor.

Just my opinion.

me too,i helped with the sponsership of a player thru forum/bissa/shirts,sponsered the dogs for years but still paid in,bought many junior strips,we do it cos we care but doubt been called freeloaders or none fans will help thats all am saying..UP THE DOGS.. :bb: we need more fans not less :bb:

How have you guys been going in pre season ? And does your squad look stronger this year for the new league challenge ?

we have plenty of quality players this season and look a lot better than last season,players fighting for a shirt rather than waiting see who giants send for a warm up game,going to be a great season for everyone and some top crowds too i hope.if we fail to be in top 5 or 5 then we cant look at the preparations thats for sure. :bb: any one of maybe 10 players can and will be a stand out for 2015. ;)

Looking forward to the game, I think home advantage will make it tough for us, if they still existed I would have been happy with a bonus point. ;)  We should be taking a couple of hundred with us so should make for a decent atmosphere.

Archived