Dewsbury 23 Whitehaven 16: discussion, report

christheram

with the 1300 crowd we had v Sheffield next up we have haven at home ( after Workington away) reckon if we all get on to people we can top 1k for this... After that match we have home games with fev and bulls so should get crowds of around 2 and 3k for them. Would be great if we can beat the 900 we got v haven last season ??? Surely we should? But to do this we all need to get on to people.. Spread the word and try get them to match. Know plenty who missed Fridays match who will be here v haven so we should surely be looking to top 1k rather than the usual 7-900 crowd we'd get to them.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christheram, on 15 Feb 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

with the 1300 crowd we had v Sheffield next up we have haven at home ( after Workington away) reckon if we all get on to people we can top 1k for this... After that match we have home games with fev and bulls so should get crowds of around 2 and 3k for them. Would be great if we can beat the 900 we got v haven last season ??? Surely we should? But to do this we all need to get on to people.. Spread the word and try get them to match. Know plenty who missed Fridays match who will be here v haven so we should surely be looking to top 1k rather than the usual 7-900 crowd we'd get to them.

Think we'll take a fair few to Hunslet too, provided we make a decent fist of Workington.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I can remember last year that everyone was talking about the attendance for the Whitehaven match and failed to concentrate on the game.

Whitehaven then turned up and gave us a good tonking. Then all of a sudden the attendance didn't seem to matter and everyone was going on about how badly we'd played.

let's not forget this time that we've also got a game to win.

Every game has to be treated as a "event"

Treat individual event as a one off,flexible marketing,if it works once..does not guarantee success next time,the early bird discount is a good one,maybe opposition season ticket holders get in for a tenner to encourage them to attend,just think 4 travelling from one of the lesser followed teams..the 20 quid saving would cover their petrol..could be the clincher between staying at home or coming

The super league for a tenner has me a little stumped.. Why aren't the super league clubs doing the deal for championship clubs..they must need extra money thru the gates.

Heads need to be banged together to squeeze out a few novel ideas

Because one could be the golden goose ;)

Every game has to be treated as a "event"

Treat individual event as a one off,flexible marketing,if it works once..does not guarantee success next time,the early bird discount is a good one,maybe opposition season ticket holders get in for a tenner to encourage them to attend,just think 4 travelling from one of the lesser followed teams..the 20 quid saving would cover their petrol..could be the clincher between staying at home or coming

The super league for a tenner has me a little stumped.. Why aren't the super league clubs doing the deal for championship clubs..they must need extra money thru the gates.

Heads need to be banged together to squeeze out a few novel ideas

Because one could be the golden goose ;)

Batley and Huddersfield should link up with a ticket offer. I thought the link up between the two teams went well last season ;)

Personally I wouldn't have promotions on for the bulls nor Featherstone

You don't need to discount these games as they speak for themselves

It's the lesser games the Workington, Whitehaven, London,Hunslet games that need a crowd boost.

I find it odd that dewsbury for the last 2/3 seasons have promoted in the home fixture vs batley the Kal scheme...which is brilliant

But yet batley have done nothing but fleece the dewsbury fans when visiting mount unpleasant,

Come on batley get your act together!!!

Chris you also respect when banding offers out to everyone and their dog

Season ticket holders have stumped up in advance..and offers every game wouldn't be fair on them.

Best way to promote the Whitehaven game,is that we win our next two games at Workington and Hunslet,nothing better then going to watch a winning team to gain new fans,think I heard from somewhere that season tickets holders will be able to have a free drink of Kingstone cider at the Whitehaven if they get to the ground before a certain time,no good for me as I'm driving,I would prefer if season ticket holders could bring a friend for a fiver.

I think 430 plus adult tickets is decent for a club our size as is the 220 junior free ones. Poor batley have only sold around 250 all together so let's be happy at over 650 coolie.. ;) not everyone buys season tickets....

Why bring us into it? And what makes us 'poor Batley?' How very patronising Chris!

Sorry mate didn't mean it to sound that way. Just trying to explain to coolie that the amount we have sold is good for a club our size. I'm pretty sure haven Workington Sheffield and yourselves at batley ect clubs people may see about our size have not sold anywhere near 650 . Sorry if it sounded that way. We are not a club who's going to sell thousands. I mean to be honest I wish both clubs did. I've removed the poor batley bit..

I think Chris meant 'poor Batley' in the sense that they deserve more, which they do.

The figure of 650 does not refer to sales. It doesn't say anywhere in the release that we have sold 650 season tickets. It says we have just over 650 season ticket holders of which around 220 are junior season ticket holders.

Tom

I think Chris meant 'poor Batley' in the sense that they deserve more, which they do.

The figure of 650 does not refer to sales. It doesn't say anywhere in the release that we have sold 650 season tickets. It says we have just over 650 season ticket holders of which around 220 are junior season ticket holders.

You think?

Archived