Dewsbury 23 Whitehaven 16: discussion, report

christheram

After last week

based on last week we do need a few changes but it will be fascinating to see who GM thinks might be in a need of a kick up the ###

Cant say I saw Rob do anything that stood out but you could say that for a few.  However I would give Luke a run out so we can see what he can do.  It was interesting to see that Scott Hale was subbed on Sunday. That is a rare event.

I think Wagga has to play.  As I boringly keep mentioning we dont have a leader when the chips are down and I think he is the sort of individual we need on the park at such times.  Would be hard on Hemingway though.

Not sure about Morton, bit dodgy on the high ball??? But Pryce has to be full back.

What will Beckett add ?

Not sure we will win to be honest.  We have an habit of early season imploding before picking up, but if we do we could be staring down the barrel already with only 3 games played..Thank goodness we didnt get to play Workington. Those conditions would not have suited us and as we know from Sunday they are better than Batley suggetsed they were..

I still think Crookes looks unfit and that Beckett deserves a chance!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did Beckett and Wright play?

Beckett played on the left wing last night until he was injured and I think he did okay, but like you, I'm a fan of his. Others, I feel, will say he doesn't offer much and has not improved.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Both went well,but my mom was Jason Muranka what a good prospect that lad is. Like I say he took Luke Adamson,Wayne Godwin & Paul Jackson off so I think they'll be all in the 19 man squad!!

Wagga has to play...simples.....

won't bet against either at the moment,are you coming straight here or are stopping off to pick the Widnes contingent up lol

Picking Widnes boy's up first marra after ive dropped wigan A team off in London.

Picking Widnes boy's up first marra after ive dropped wigan A team off in London.

Haha.  We all know that the Haven team coach starts in Widnes and picks up the rest of the travellers and then meets up with the taxi from Whitehaven with the locals in, so who are you kidding?   ;)  ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

1 Pryce

2 Morton

3 Grady

4 Beckett

5 Grant

6 Hemingway

7 Thackeray

8 Haggarty

9 Wildie

10 Jackson

11 T Adamson

12 L Adamson

13 Brown

14 Godwin

15 Farrell

16 Hyde

17 Aizue

28 - 16 to Dewsbury, I can't guess what the attendance would but I hope it's fairly high. People might be scratching their heads at my choice of who's at 6 and 9 but Wildie is very good at 9.

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

I'd drop dale Morton me think he's been really poor so far this season. I'd bring back Austin who's more solid in the air and a good finisher.. My team would be .. Pryce, Buchanan, Grady, crookes, grant, wildie, Thackeray, Hepworth, Hemingway, haggarty, hale, spicer, brown.. Subs Godwin, auizue, farrel and Toby adamson.. Afew players must improve though this week as Hyde wright luke adamson ext will be waiting..

Rams 28 - haven 14

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Archived