Dewsbury 23 Whitehaven 16: discussion, report

christheram

coolies hard to please mate, I'm only trying to explain to coolie that we've sold a good amount for a club our size. If you have taken it wrong way or read it that way I apologise can't do no more DD.

Chris I work on something sometimes seems a minor detail to you..they are called facts (look it up)

So your excellent 650 season tickets is now down to 430 paying customers ;)

You might be able to kid yourself with magical figures plucked from your dreams and assumptions.

But some of us do feel their is a ever growing problem in rugby league..a void of supports that are just not there.

Batley are feeling as well as we do,look around the southstand it's admixture of young single lads and oldish men (kind to my mates) that possibly won't be around watching in the next 30 years..batley are the same..

The junior season ticket is ambitious attempt to bridge the gap..this hopefully will get some of the next generation hooked

For me we've to have some kind of generations initiative get people using the games as family time something they all do,weather it's done thru a promotional event at a game..every game over the tannoy it says "rugby league is a family game"

But yet what do we do to promote the family game and sell it to the family's

Not having a dig Chris

But in the world where we're fed male genitals plateful after plateful

Hearing the plain truth is far more fulfilling to swallow sometimes.

I haven't bought one this season as I said I wouldn't..and theirs a few more who haven't for their own reasons

It's called freedom of choice

The club could exactly tell you the figure sold

Without your "I think" "I assume" guess's

Mwah ;)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, at no point has the club claimed to have sold 650 tickets. We have sold around 430 season tickets and 220 under-16s have claimed season tickets. This results in a total of 650 season ticket holders. There are no dreams or assumptions.

I'd compare this directly to other clubs but of course the irony of this whole debate is that Dewsbury are one of only a very small number of clubs who officially disclose season ticket figures.

However, I'd still say that the figure of 430 paying adults and concessions compares very favourably with other clubs in the Championship.

You also need to realise that the figure of 430 does not include under-16s who would have bought season tickets anyway if it wasn't for the offer, which would have probably taken us past  the 500 'sold' mark.

The free season tickets for under-16s offer is designed to get kids to matches. The stats show that more than 100 came to the Sheffield game - presumably with one of their parents. This should help solve any perceived problems surrounding an ageing supporter base, especially because the club is not only working on creating new young season ticket holders, but also incentivising actual attendance at games with points schemes and prizes.

We're visiting their schools:

10506611_703719436413520_167127290985025

...and we're posting them birthday cards: https://twitter.com/Naoisi/status/568325088371744769/photo/1

Roger Ram engages with literally thousands of kids and their families every year. He is the hardest working mascot in Rugby League and does it for absolutely nothing. A lot of the club's recent success off the field is down to him.

Crowds in 2014 at Dewsbury were up on 2013, and at the moment the club is hopeful that they'll be up again in 2015, and we certainly made a great start against Sheffield.

We are portraying a positive image online, in the newspapers and at matches. We are telling people that Dewsbury Rams is a club on the up with a fantastic squad and a fantastic stadium. And that if you are not here you are missing out.

It seems to be working.

Support is not an every growing problem at Dewsbury and the days of the club begging for fans to make ends meet on the back of the Reporter are behind us.

Not just in sport, people want to associate with a successful, booming brand - and that's what we're presenting.

There are no lies. Just positivity in abundance.

If that's PR and spin then fine, but it puts bums on seats and soles of feet on terraces.

Tom

Yeah and 650 sold season tickets will probably mean home support of around 1k this year as appossed to the 750 home fans we had last season.. I also know plenty of fans who have not got a season ticket , that's why I'm positive over next season. Even former players are season ticket holders next season like big bird! Robin jowitt! Paul Delaney was at the Sheffield match along with his son brad... The work the club are doing on and off the field even you should be happy this season coolie mate

2 new Junior Season Ticket Holders on board as of today.

The South Stand better be ready for Jack and John Jr.

Im not brave enough to take them to away games yet though : )

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

Yeah and 650 sold season tickets will probably mean home support of around 1k this year as appossed to the 750 home fans we had last season.. I also know plenty of fans who have not got a season ticket , that's why I'm positive over next season. Even former players are season ticket holders next season like big bird! Robin jowitt! Paul Delaney was at the Sheffield match along with his son brad... The work the club are doing on and off the field even you should be happy this season coolie mate

Yep were on the up and keep the momentum going ;)

Till the money runs out and then your back on skid row with the rest of us

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Piggy's mate, on 20 Feb 2015 - 9:57 PM, said:Piggy's mate, on 20 Feb 2015 - 9:57 PM, said:

Till the money runs out and then your back on skid row with the rest of us

Unless I'm missing something, our signings this year have not cost the earth. Most have been signed from lower division or relegated sides, or have been out of the game. Wyldie might be an exception, but he was either out on loan or playing reserve football last year. It's not like we've splashed out on big names such as Paul Sykes or Gareth Carvell. As MS says, our players have been signed within our player budget - which means we are no more likely to run out of money than the dogs. ;) Anyway, thanks to St Helens, we've just free up a few bob on Haggerty's contract.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the Tetley's Stadium on Sunday for the game against Whitehaven,we can't take this team for granted,last season Whitehaven came here winless and beat us.Hoping the Hunslet game will be the kick up the backside and take nothing for granted:

Rams 30 - 16 Whitehaven ,attendance 735,even though I saw a fair few unhappy rams going home from Hunslet.

GM stated that they maybe changes for the Whitehaven game.

With that in mind who would you pick for Sunday's game?

1. PRYCE
  2. MORTON
  3. GRADY
  4. BECKETT
  5. GRANT
  6. WILDIE
  7. THACKERAY
  8. HAGGARTY
  9. GODWIN
  10. HEPWORTH
  11. ADAMSON (L)
  12. HALE
  13. BROWN
  14. WRIGHT
  15. CROOKES
  16. JACKSON
  17. AIZUE

1. PRYCE
  2. MORTON
  3. GRADY
  4. BECKETT
  5. GRANT
  6. WILDIE
  7. THACKERAY
  8. HAGGARTY
  9. GODWIN
  10. HEPWORTH
  11. ADAMSON (L)
  12. HALE
  13. BROWN
  14. WRIGHT
  15. CROOKES
  16. JACKSON
  17. AIZUE

spicer defo in team for me 

i jus think he should be quality player who gives 100% we are better when he plays

Missed a few tackles, dropped the ball and jumped out of the line twice on Sunday. You're only as good as your last game the mantra says.

Lets' see what happens on Friday.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Why?

After last week

spicer defo in team for me 

1. PRYCE
  2. MORTON
  3. GRADY
  4. BECKETT
  5. GRANT
  6. WILDIE
  7. THACKERAY
  8. HAGGARTY
  9. GODWIN
  10. HEPWORTH
  11. ADAMSON (L)
  12. HALE
  13. BROWN
  14. WRIGHT
  15. CROOKES
  16. JACKSON
  17. AIZUE

based on last week we do need a few changes but it will be fascinating to see who GM thinks might be in a need of a kick up the ###

Cant say I saw Rob do anything that stood out but you could say that for a few.  However I would give Luke a run out so we can see what he can do.  It was interesting to see that Scott Hale was subbed on Sunday. That is a rare event.

I think Wagga has to play.  As I boringly keep mentioning we dont have a leader when the chips are down and I think he is the sort of individual we need on the park at such times.  Would be hard on Hemingway though.

Not sure about Morton, bit dodgy on the high ball??? But Pryce has to be full back.

What will Beckett add ?

Not sure we will win to be honest.  We have an habit of early season imploding before picking up, but if we do we could be staring down the barrel already with only 3 games played..Thank goodness we didnt get to play Workington. Those conditions would not have suited us and as we know from Sunday they are better than Batley suggetsed they were..

Archived