Workington 18 Dewsbury 31: discussion, report, highlights

Piggy's mate

Just thought I'd drop in and give a you all a wave from 2nd place. How's the weather further down the league ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard Brett Carter had a nightmare of a game!

Yeah Eddie he did but he took a big hit early on and it appeared his ribs were injured then onwards he was poor but apart from two players they all were poor

They switched Carter to the other wing for the second half and still Squires scored down their right flank. On this showing from Workington we should encounter few problems, BUT (there's always one!) according to their supporters, they play expansive rugby at home; saw none of that today.

I thought Stokes favoured Batley (or perhaps their misdemeanours were seen in a different light); he sin binned Oldstrum (I think it was he) for something that was not that bad, but he failed to see the head high tackle on the Worky player which put that lad out of the game with the Batley player substituted immediately after the offence.

The attendance given in Sporting Life astounds me. It says 1200 were there; I would reckon half that at best!

In fairness to Batley, they took their chances well with Squires outstanding and scoring three tries uphill, albeit from a short distance. The first was from a kick and chase; he grabbed the ball in the air while the Worky full back wad waiting gor it to sit in his arms. The second was from his own kick and collect (it was good) and the third, he stopped close to the touch line, the Town winger held off and Squires then carried on. His fourth was in the dim and distant far Gornergat from nowhere I was standing.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

They switched Carter to the other wing for the second half and still Squires scored down their right flank. On this showing from Workington we should encounter few problems, BUT (there's always one!) according to their supporters, they play expansive rugby at home; saw none of that today.

I thought Stokes favoured Batley (or perhaps their misdemeanours were seen in a different light); he sin binned Oldstrum (I think it was he) for something that was not that bad, but he failed to see the head high tackle on the Worky player which put that lad out of the game with the Batley player substituted immediately after the offence.

The attendance given in Sporting Life astounds me. It says 1200 were there; I would reckon half that at best!

In fairness to Batley, they took their chances well with Squires outstanding and scoring three tries uphill, albeit from a short distance. The first was from a kick and chase; he grabbed the ball in the air while the Worky full back wad waiting gor it to sit in his arms. The second was from his own kick and collect (it was good) and the third, he stopped close to the touch line, the Town winger held off and Squires then carried on. His fourth was in the dim and distant far Gornergat from nowhere I was standing.

Think I saw their player on his knees in an awkward position when our player did catch him high not much in it to me their player injured his shoulder when he fell

Other than to give them a penalty, so he clearly saw the incident and did not deem it to be that serious. Squires second try was the one where he used Campbell as a foil to create space out wide and run in, a real bit of class centre play. 

Does it matter from how far out you score your tries? We played intelligent rugby to use Squires who was clearly dominating their wing and centre - intelligent rugby?

As for next week, l would be very surprised if they got the better of you. They were big, especially in their forwards,but not especially dominant, but ran out of steam, and seemed to lack any creative ideas after the first 20 or so.

And the crowd? Couldn't agree more!

Thanks for the un bias report CF I suppose seeing a game on a decent sized pitch was a struggle for your eyesight. Plus we have four sides to our ground so perhaps where you were hiding you couldn't spot em all especially the 400 watching from Ronnie's lounge!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

I thought you'd be used to looking up our skirts by now!

Thanks for the un bias report CF I suppose seeing a game on a decent sized pitch was a struggle for your eyesight. Plus we have four sides to our ground so perhaps where you were hiding you couldn't spot em all especially the 400 watching from Ronnie's lounge!

My report was written from a neutral view and you can question my eyesight, but I was not the only one to question the size if the crowd - before the attendance was given.

Tell me about your "decent sized" pitch. Your ground has three and a bit sides to it, not four. Perhaps your eyesight needs attention.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I can walk all the way around our pitch and watch the game from four stands on four sides so mer

My report was written from a neutral view and you can question my eyesight, but I was not the only one to question the size if the crowd - before the attendance was given.

Tell me about your "decent sized" pitch. Your ground has three and a bit sides to it, not four. Perhaps your eyesight needs attention.

Of course it doesn't! It has four! 

Of course it doesn't! It has four!

Don't worry DD just the bitter ramble of an unbiased neutral!!

I can walk all the way around our pitch and watch the game from four stands on four sides so mer

Yep, and no danger of anyone getting in your way - even better.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Yep, and no danger of anyone getting in your way - even better.

yep nice wide paths with no chance of walking up yer own backside like at the smaller grounds or having to turn back 3/4 of the way round!

Typical Batley fans dont know whether their coming or going.

Where not going anywhere ;)

Archived