21 Feb: WCS: Wigan Warriors v Brisbane Broncos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Brisbane Broncos by 1 to 6 points
    • Brisbane Broncos by 7 to 12 points
    • Brisbane Broncos by 13 points or more

Can't wait to go and watch this one. Wigan will have to really improve on last weeks match to win. If they play anything like the last two weeks then I think Brisbane will win but not by too much.

Wigan aren't firing on all cylinders quite yet, but Brisbane haven't been wonderful in pre-season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

So looking forward to this. 3 generations of Exiles (I'm in the middle one fwiw) all going. There is something so wonderfully iconic about Wigan - Brisbane.

I liked a lot of what we did in the second half against the Giants. Sarg and Tautai may be back which will make life much easier. We can win this.

Shaun Wane says Sarginson, Tautai, Williams and Smith will be back in the team.

No Powell, suspended, O'Loughlin out injured.

Apparently Mossop didn't do enough at Workington to get in the squad to face Brisbane.

My guess at the 17 -

Bowen,

Charnley, Gelling, Sarginson, Burgess,

Williams, Smith,

Crosby, McIlorum, Sutton,

J Tomkins, L Farrell,

Bateman.

Bench - Clubb, Tautai, Patrick, L Tomkins.

Might just have to dig out the DVD of the 1994 game I've got in preparation for watching this match.

Close game on Saturday with some biff.

Pies 14 Brisbane 18.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I think the Broncs will scrape home though, 18-14 for mine.

Hmmph!

Guess your own bloody scoreline.  :nono:

Should be a good game, this. I'm thinking the Broncos might nick it, by a score of say 18-14.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

This is a tough one to call, Brisbane haven't looked too flash for a while now and Wigan haven't started the season particularly well. I think each side will score three tries a piece and it'll come down to goal kicking on the night, with Wigan only being able to convert 1/3 while Brisbane will kick all three of their goals

This is a tough one to call, Brisbane haven't looked too flash for a while now and Wigan haven't started the season particularly well. I think each side will score three tries a piece and it'll come down to goal kicking on the night, with Wigan only being able to convert 1/3 while Brisbane will kick all three of their goals

Like what you did there  ;)

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Like what you did there  ;)

###### it, I'm going for a draw.  

Brisbane (squad): Adam Blair, Mitchell Dodds, James Gavet, Alex Glenn, Justin Hodges, Ben Hunt, Jordan Kahu, Lachlan Maranta, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Anthony Milford, Kodi Nikorima, Joe Ofahengaue, Tom Opacic, Corey Parker, Sam Thaiday, Daniel Vidot, Aaron Whitchurch

Interestingly, this is their team for a trial against Redcliffe Dolphins on Saturday:  Broncos: Greg Eden, Corey Oates, Jack Reed, Dale Copley, Nikau Terupe, Darren Nicholls, Ashley Taylor, Mitch Garbutt, Travis Waddell, Jarrod Wallace, Todd Lowrie, Matt Gillett, Jai Arrow. Interchange: Jayden Nikorima, Francis Molo, Brett Greinke, Ajuma Adams, Lachlan Barr, Paul Byrnes, Matt Parcell, Joe Boyce

Sales up to £18,000, just bought mine this morning. Cant wait to go now!

Hopefully in the next couple of days we can get up to £20,000+

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.aspx?id=10165&type=1

" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

Brisbane (squad): Adam Blair, Mitchell Dodds, James Gavet, Alex Glenn, Justin Hodges, Ben Hunt, Jordan Kahu, Lachlan Maranta, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Anthony Milford, Kodi Nikorima, Joe Ofahengaue, Tom Opacic, Corey Parker, Sam Thaiday, Daniel Vidot, Aaron Whitchurch

Interestingly, this is their team for a trial against Redcliffe Dolphins on Saturday: Broncos: Greg Eden, Corey Oates, Jack Reed, Dale Copley, Nikau Terupe, Darren Nicholls, Ashley Taylor, Mitch Garbutt, Travis Waddell, Jarrod Wallace, Todd Lowrie, Matt Gillett, Jai Arrow. Interchange: Jayden Nikorima, Francis Molo, Brett Greinke, Ajuma Adams, Lachlan Barr, Paul Byrnes, Matt Parcell, Joe Boyce

Is Brett Grienke any relation to Gary who Saints signed.

Is Brett Grienke any relation to Gary who Saints signed.

See also, in the "are they related" category, Lachlan Maranta (grandson of Barry) and Joe Ofahengaue (nephew of former Wallaby Viliami).

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wigan website now stating almost 18,000 tickets sold.As predicted weeks ago,I expect around 20,000 there on the evening.

Hospitality sold out,gala dinner sold out,over 1,000 fans attend training session,merchandise virtually gone and still no doubt,the usual suspects will claim it's a waste of time,no ones interested,it's a friendly,they'll lose a fortune etc,etc.Shortly,Newcastle Magic will be a failure because it's a week too soon or a week too late,no one wants to go to Newcastle,why isn't accommodation included in the £20 match tickets,I would go only it's my birthday etc,etc.

Wigan website now stating almost 18,000 tickets sold.As predicted weeks ago,I expect around 20,000 there on the evening.

Hospitality sold out,gala dinner sold out,over 1,000 fans attend training session,merchandise virtually gone and still no doubt,the usual suspects will claim it's a waste of time,no ones interested,it's a friendly,they'll lose a fortune etc,etc.Shortly,Newcastle Magic will be a failure because it's a week too soon or a week too late,no one wants to go to Newcastle,why isn't accommodation included in the £20 match tickets,I would go only it's my birthday etc,etc.

Just a pity they had to revert to Groupon to sell them cheap.

Just a pity they had to revert to Groupon to sell them cheap.

Groupon members get cheap offers (in limited quantities) for all sort of events. It's sort of the point of Groupon.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived