Who do you use for boiler and central heating annual servicing?

I think you pays your money and you take your chances.  When we moved into our house and built an extension over 30 years ago, the one thing I did not skimp on was a boiler, I got the best Worcester Bosch combi boiler I could afford.  Following the advice of the installer (a friend of a friend who is a central heating engineer) I never bothered with annual services.  It lasted for over 18 years without a problem before I replaced it.  The one I replaced it with is also a Worcester Bosch, never serviced, and now 12 years old and still going great guns.  Having said that, I do know of people who seem to have constant problems with their boilers, so it really is up to the individual as to what they do.

Yep a quality boiler is a god send,too many cheap crappy boilers on the market,Ferroli are a prime example,always buy the best you can afford and insist on a stainless steel heat exchanger,cast iron ones a proned to cracking

Archived