Talking about union....

Perhaps it would be more effective to require all parents  and other family members to submit to DBS checks, as kids are exposed to their parents more or less all day every day, compared with just a ten minute donkey ride once a year.

I don't know about your area but here, the donkey guy walks his donkeys up and down the promenade and beach in full view of hundred of people. indeed, many parents accompany their offspring on foot. 

I'd like a  Ben Goldacre view on the evidence, a bit lik ethis but about DBS: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/aug/07/ben-goldacre-sarahs-law

was his mother REALLY  pop singer Susan Traynor (a.k.a. Noosha Fox of English 1970s' pop band Fox fame)?

A friend of mine knows a bloke who ran (runs?) a string of donkeys in Morecambe. They were grazed overnight in a field a short distance away. He went to the field early one morning to collect them and the donkeys had gone ... he thought they'd been stolen. In fact, someone had left the field gate open and, as soon as it was light, the donkeys had made their own way down to the beach.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Nasrudin began gradually reducing the amount of food he fed to his donkey each day, hoping to get it accustomed to less and less food. By day thirty, however, the much-emaciated donkey dropped dead.

“Darn it,” Nasrudin lamented. “I was just a few days away from getting this donkey used to living on no food at all!“

Archived