Kevin Penny

TheDuke

I couldn't believe that that was the same player who slipped out of Super League several years ago.

For a player with natural speed and ability he seemed unwilling to put his body on the line, well last night he was great and really did everything he could for the cause. If he persists with this he could nail down a spot in a very good team, whilst he may not be in the same class as Hall or Charnley we aren't exactly blessed with hundreds of quality outside backs 

Well done Kevin Penny you must have worked very hard to get back. 

I agree. Completely different player now. He put his hand up time and again to do the hard work and put his body on the line in attack and defence.

Ability is nothing without attitude.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Good to see a player coming back better like this.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

He was excellent last night. I actually feared for him a little in the first half where he seemed to take a battering in the tackles but he soldiered on and I thought he was Wires best player in the second half. He defended superbly and was always a willing runner in attack. Full credit to the guy.

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

Not having seen him in action this season yet (although I have last night's game saved for later viewing), has he still got the same pace he had in his first Warrington stint?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Talking of players who spent time in the career doldrums, it looks like Willie Mason has turned his game around. For now, anyway.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Talking of players who spent time in the career doldrums, it looks like Willie Mason has turned his game around. For now, anyway.

That's hardly fair.

He only played 6 games for Hull KR.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

That's hardly fair.

He only played 6 games for Hull KR.

That wasn't the low point. Playing RU was the next step after embarrassing himself in SuperLeague. Now that was hitting bottom.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

By the way, what I have seen so far of last night's match backs up what people have said on here about Penny.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

By the way, what I have seen so far of last night's match backs up what people have said on here about Penny.

How many sequels are better than the original?

F.Scott FitzGerald once wrote that "there are no second acts in American lives". He should've worked for LPL instead.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

There were two one on one tackles on runaway St George players that were absolutely superb, one of those was against the giant wingman and the other was Duggan.

Another excellent defensive action was the collection of the ball at the boots of Nightingale, real body where it hurts stuff that's not for those feignt of heart.

Great to see Penny play so well in such an unexpected way!

Also, Dugan absolutely had O'Brien lined up for a try-saving tackle, and the latter's dummy to score the try sent a classy NRL fullback the wrong way completely. Nice bit of finesse that's worth a mention.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

There were two one on one tackles on runaway St George players that were absolutely superb, one of those was against the giant wingman and the other was Duggan.

Another excellent defensive action was the collection of the ball at the boots of Nightingale, real body where it hurts stuff that's not for those feignt of heart.

Great to see Penny play so well in such an unexpected way!

this was what impressed me most, some outstanding try saving tackles.

penny has done it the hard way dropping down to the championship has certainly improved his game best of luck to the lad he deserves a second chance for all his hard work

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Archived