Hock to Leigh

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually heard about it about 2ish today, as they say there's no smoke without fire, I know there is a differing opinion about his ability on another thread, but for mine he is a very good rugby league player and if he joined Leigh he would make what is arguably the best pack in the division probably unbeatable, and before anyone says it, if he stays on the field long enough!

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

No one in their right mind would pay him a salary.. Pay as you play or nothing. He's in the last chance saloon and clubs should remember that when dealing with him.

Great player with a great skill set, but also a complete idiot and in danger of completely wasting his talent, if he hasn't 't already.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

tweeted: "I (have) now left Salford from today I would like to thank the club & Marwan for the support & help and the fans wish them all the best.

Obviously tweeted by the club.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Hock could have been anything he wanted. as big a waste of talent that there ever was.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

Don't get the Hock hype. Not seen anything positive from him in 4 years just insanity and poor attitude. Good riddance

You have quite obviously not watched any of the highlight programmes in that period, I can agree with your insanity and poor attitude call but it hasn't been 100% of that time, when he puts his "rugby" head on he has very few if any peers in this country, and not that many anywhere else for that matter.

I am a Leigh fan, and I would have him at the LSV, but his contract/terms would be that tight if his "arris " even squeaked he would be out.

I honestly believe that his inclusion to that team would be the X factor that would see us in the SL in 2016.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Leigh seem to be throwing a lot of eggs into this season's basket.

Fortunately, as history has shown us, this kind of thing always works out OK in rugby.

Speculation only ATM , if , and I hope it doesn't happen , Leigh do acquire mr Hock I'm sure it will be on a ' pay for play ' basis

As for how sustainable Leigh's current finances are , with the increase in central funding the numbers probably do stack up

As an outsider, I'd say Leigh are good enough without Hock (specifically his baggage) and would do well to stay well away IMO.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I can see why Leigh would want Hock when he has his playing head on as he is an incredible player, problem is, he doesn't have it on often enough. Too much of a gamble unless he is on a pay as you play deal with a clause in his contract about his behaviour.

Agree , Bradford are a better fit IMO

Great joke, but wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

only one coach has been able to control hock and that is denis betts both at wigan and widnes, undeniably hock is an extremely talented player but his head is always somewhere else and he has perpetual brainfarts

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

only one coach has been able to control hock and that is denis betts both at wigan and widnes, undeniably hock is an extremely talented player but his head is always somewhere else and he has perpetual brainfarts

As I recall, he still managed to pick himself up a ban for gobbing off at the referee while he was at Widnes and the stats show he was their biggest penalty conceder by some distance that season, so I'm not sure where this idea that Denis Betts was able to control him comes from.

Caveat emptor, as Gareth himself would no doubt put it.

As I recall, he still managed to pick himself up a ban for gobbing off at the referee while he was at Widnes and the stats show he was their biggest penalty conceder by some distance that season, so I'm not sure where this idea that Denis Betts was able to control him comes from.

Caveat emptor, as Gareth himself would no doubt put it.

That's the problem with Hock , not just the ' silly ' stuff , but just the fact you know in your big ' decider ' he'll give away a daft penalty on the 4 th tackle 4 minutes from time that will cost you the game and the consequences of that , shame , but it's what he is , a massive liability

He'd be the perfect replacement for Bailey at Leeds , him and ' knuckleduster ' Delaney would be the perfect 2 nd row

Hock doesn't run and hide after he has started something though.

Archived