Holidays: Down memory lane.

As a youngster, our family stayed at Towyn, North Wales. For us, this really was the other side of the world. I recall the excitement of picking cockles in the evenings and enjoying the tasty treat later. We would cycle to Rhyl on one of those four-wheeled quad bikes and luxury at the time. :-). Eating out was always at a chippie for a tasty treat. On one rainy soaked night we heard a curse from a dolled up women passing our caravan. As it turned out, we found a pair of high heels stuck in the mud next morning. Never did like that pink fluffy stuff on a stick or treacle toffee. 

My brother Ron took us one year and got a car puncture in the Mersey Tunnel. He made sure he got out as it would have cost him a fine to be towed. Talking of cars, the traffic on the old road to Wales was always stop/start. Mind you, there seems to be endless road works nowadays on the A55.

I was always fascinated when passing St Asaph church but have never fulfilled by intrigue to go inside. One day I just might do so. Happy days! 

My granddaughter goes to Buttershaw School in Bradford. Last week, she went on a school trip to Dubai.

I reckon that, previously, the last Buttershwaw kids to go abroad were those who got caught stealing  and ended up being transported to Australia.

;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

• 2 weeks later...

As a youngster, our family stayed at Towyn, North Wales. For us, this really was the other side of the world. I recall the excitement of picking cockles in the evenings and enjoying the tasty treat later. We would cycle to Rhyl on one of those four-wheeled quad bikes and luxury at the time. :-). Eating out was always at a chippie for a tasty treat. On one rainy soaked night we heard a curse from a dolled up women passing our caravan. As it turned out, we found a pair of high heels stuck in the mud next morning. Never did like that pink fluffy stuff on a stick or treacle toffee. 

My brother Ron took us one year and got a car puncture in the Mersey Tunnel. He made sure he got out as it would have cost him a fine to be towed. Talking of cars, the traffic on the old road to Wales was always stop/start. Mind you, there seems to be endless road works nowadays on the A55.

I was always fascinated when passing St Asaph church but have never fulfilled by intrigue to go inside. One day I just might do so. Happy days! 

this is the white church .There are some graves of canadian soldiers who died of the spanish flu while waiting for transport back to canada in1918/19.

I think there was also a mutiny situation with theses menbecause of the delay in returning home.Well worth a visit.

You can see the typical world war headstones on each grave.

Just looked on WIKIPEDIA plenty info there.

Archived