Increased gates

Kevin Nicholas

After 2 weeks of season generally gates seemed to have improved even if not dramatically across the Championship. Hoping for this to continue for us this week against a Fax team who clearly impressed for much of the game against Leigh so promises to be mouth watering encounter. Sheffield gate looks to have gone against the trend but with probably very few away supporters the gate is probably not less than games against Clubs with a small away following in previous seasons as their gates always seem to have been artificially inflated in the past ( for reasons not clear on as fooling nobody but yourselves doing this) but now at Keepmoat might be genuine which would explain it. Might be a few more when we go if Hunslet is anything to go by as hopefully we can continue with our good away following.

Thanks again to our marketing team who met on Saturday & plan to continue their hard work to try to get more on our gates

would be terrific if we could manage 1400 on Sunday. Not sure what last seasons gate was between the two sides but another 20%+ increase on that would be nice. See you all on Sunday lets hope the sun shines on "The Bulldogs" :shout:

1155 last year greavesy so would be about right

I think with SL not playing there were a few neutrals. One thing Batley does do is travel in numbers for a "small" club, much better in fact than "larger" clubs for example

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

whats up with you? an estimate? just inquisitive because kevin said good following and 900 is a good crowd for hunslet

Nothing, it was a genuine response. First, the why was genuine because one of your stock responses is to have a go at our gates for son reason. The second, how would we know means we have no means of knowing. The numbers were to highlight this. Away supporters tend to over estimate how many of themselves there are because they usually stand together and therefore appear to be more numerous than they actually are.

And l am fine thanks for asking, just got over that chest infection.

Nothing, it was a genuine response. First, the why was genuine because one of your stock responses is to have a go at our gates for son reason. The second, how would we know means we have no means of knowing. The numbers were to highlight this. Away supporters tend to over estimate how many of themselves there are because they usually stand together and therefore appear to be more numerous than they actually are.

And l am fine thanks for asking, just got over that chest infection.

You seem to be the only Batley fan who interpreted the question as an attack on your club. Have you considered changing your username to sensitivedog? 

(Sorry, no Rams highlights for you this week!)

Tom

I think with SL not playing there were a few neutrals. One thing Batley does do is travel in numbers for a "small" club, much better in fact than "larger" clubs for example

As a club we are pretty unique in the fact that the majority of fans go home and away every week.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

You seem to be the only Batley fan who interpreted the question as an attack on your club. Have you considered changing your username to sensitivedog? 

(Sorry, no Rams highlights for you this week!)

Shame, as I would have enjoyed going onto your forum and watching them! And thank you so much for the sage advice Tom. When I consider changing my username, I will certainly come knocking for a new one! But as of now, no, l haven't considered changing my name.

And you have me all wrong, a more appropriate username would be seethingpitofangerandragedog!

Archived