Kingstone Press Championship: Dewsbury 16 Bradford 30

Lupset Ram

It's just over a month until we play the Bulls and I've noticed that in the two away games they've had against Leigh and Featherstone so far that the gates for the matches have probably been the biggest league game attendances that those clubs have had in years.
If we go in to the Bulls game with some good form, the weather is kind, the game is well promoted and Bradford bring a good following, then this could be our biggest league game attendance in years.
What do other people think?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One or two things to consider for our game with the Bulls,one - with it being on a Easter Monday people are mostly off work,that could bring more fans to the game,two-the weather,hopefully it will be a nice dry day.My conservative view is the Bulls should bring a minimum of around 2000,our fans say 1300.That would be more then the Wigan cup game,which was all ticket,has our capacity increased since the development work?We should have a better idea how many Bulls fans turn up when they visit our doggies friends at the end of the month.

I asked his question on the Featherstone site and got the answer of about 2 to 2 1/2 thousand.

Cheers Roger.

One or two things to consider for our game with the Bulls,one - with it being on a Easter Monday people are mostly off work,that could bring more fans to the game,two-the weather,hopefully it will be a nice dry day.My conservative view is the Bulls should bring a minimum of around 2000,our fans say 1300.That would be more then the Wigan cup game,which was all ticket,has our capacity increased since the development work?We should have a better idea how many Bulls fans turn up when they visit our doggies friends at the end of the month.

The ground capacity hasn't increased since the development work so remains around the 4000 mark. I can't see the attendance exceeding this by any means so no need to make it all ticket, in my view. Extra turnstiles will definitely be required however and the Bailey bar might get a bit full too.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The ground capacity hasn't increased since the development work so remains around the 4000 mark. I can't see the attendance exceeding this by any means so no need to make it all ticket, in my view. Extra turnstiles will definitely be required however and the Bailey bar might get a bit full too.

Thought turnstiles was going to be installed around the new development work been done?

Thought turnstiles was going to be installed around the new development work been done?

Possibly. I meant that we will need to open all of the existing ones, which we don't normally do for league games.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I think Bulls will bring around the 3000 mark.

There was over 6000 at Fev and i cant imagine there was over 3000 home fans there

Maybe but the Easter weekend also offers other distractions. If we get a 3000 gate that would be excellent in reality.

Would be delighted with 3000.  Sounds good on paper having the match on Easter Monday but as BSJ points out Easter sees the start of the many distractions that plague summer rugby and lower gates.

I can imagine there would be at least 3000 there, promote it enough and we can easily get that and more. hoping for a bit of atmosphere at that game  :tongue:  :tongue:

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

Judging by the gate at Batley today I don't think we should get too excited.

2800 tops I reckon.

4000 there

Shoosh

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

4000 there

Shoosh

Not misreporting attendance figures surely 9'O. I thought only Dewsbury did that, at least according to previous claims on your forum. Still I guess you'll need to pay for your new half back somehow, won't you?

It was packed to the rafters lol you might even get more than the usual half dozen on your new terrace ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

would not call 2,223 a big crowd to say Bradford was supposed to be bringing 3,000 plus,bet Batley are a bit dissapointed with the crowd

Never heard of creative accounting?

The only empty bit of terrace was the bit behind the posts at the bottom of the hill. There was at least double there - we borrowed your turnstile clicker from our game at your place last year.

Even the Bulls fans were astounded at the figure given - http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=579793

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Never heard of creative accounting?

The only empty bit of terrace was the bit behind the posts at the bottom of the hill. There was at least double there - we borrowed your turnstile clicker from our game at your place last year.

Even the Bulls fans were astounded at the figure given - http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=579793

So you're saying Batley were cheating again, are you BTJ?

would not call 2,223 a big crowd to say Bradford was supposed to be bringing 3,000 plus,bet Batley are a bit dissapointed with the crowd

Yeah gutted ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

So you're saying Batley were cheating again, are you BTJ?

Come on BSJ, you can do better than that, we has no case to answer!

And with regards to crowds, we'd have no clubs left at this level if the odd turnstile didnt suddenly stop clicking now and then.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Come on BSJ, you can do better than that, we has no case to answer!

And with regards to crowds, we'd have no clubs left at this level if the odd turnstile didnt suddenly stop clicking now and then.

That's a yes, then.

Archived