Kingstone Press Championship: Dewsbury 16 Bradford 30

Lupset Ram

Pryce was clearly injured in the first half, he made no errors other than missing a spiralling kick in the first half.

A good performance from the Rams, great effort, few squandered chances in good positions, thought our kicking near the line could have been better. But defence was pretty good and against a FT team on a hot day, they did well especially playing a man short for 10 minutes. Haggerty's form seems to be getting worse rather than better.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after quite a few seasons away I have re-discovered my love for the rams,just thought I would put up a few points and some player reviews to see what others think

1-Why does Farrell get so little game time when ever I see him play he always look like one of our better players

2-Ground looking better all the time really would love to see a covered stand behind the sticks but no need I guess.

3-How do we gauge success and failure this season

4-When will all the development work outside of the club be completed?

Player Reviews

Pryce-just think he is too slow(as shown when trying to get the 40/20) also such a big man but rarely breaks a tackle.

Morton-thought it was his best game that I have seen this year,often a lack of defensive cover makes him look worse than he is

Hale-reminds me of Mark Haigh always gives 100% solid if not spectacular

Crookes-still not sure

Grant-always seems to play well could see him going full-time

Brown-prefer him at 6 gets more of the ball in attacking positions

Thackray-love him to run at defenses more a real threat when he does, always seems to play well

Jackson-solid old fashioned prop not sure we can afford him/aizue/smith in team together

Hemmingway-I think his passing is too slow to play dummy half

Hepworth-stand out forward for me aggresive go forward runner

Spicer-consistent and does a tremendous amount of work

T Adamson-I Don't really have any views

L Adamson- as above

Wildie-looks better at 9 thought our best go forward was when he was at dummy half,don't think he plays well at 6

Aizue-runs hard but do we get enough game time?

Haggerty-Saints must see something I don't

Smith-see Jackson

must say I really enjoyed today atmosphere good and great to see the ground busy and buzzing.I think for me a change of full back, Wildie to 9 and Farrell to start.

Pryce got a nasty injury in the first half and soldiered on as we were without any other backs on the bench. I thought his spirit and determination under the circumstances was first class.

Sorry BSJ I have given him the benefit of the doubt on many occasions and I'm afraid the time has come for him to have a long rest. A lot of players put their bodies on the line every week and sustain injuries with which they continue. Pryce is constantly out of position and goes down before the tackle is even made. He's a big lad who needs to start using his weight. The Bulls supporters said he hadn't changed since he left them.

Most of the Bulls support around me seemed to spend most of the game slating Pryce. Sad really. O'Brein manged to old man the ref on more than one occasion. If they really are that good do you need to do that? I think there was a touch of panic among the bulls fans as they couldn't seem to get off the refs back when it was close in the second half. They finally got behind their team and off his back at 12 - 30.

Proud to be a Dewsbury supporter today, did very well against a full time outfit. Despite my moan above enjoyed the game.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

No complaints today...on the field anyway..more off it today

Lads gave their all and that's the only thing I demand

Woeful completion rates,stupid penalties...yes Mr Haggerty I do mean you young man.

Inability to respect possession

Get these things right and we ain't a bad team..

I still maintain we will only win 1 of our next 3 league games

The thing I find more frustrating and it must also frustrate morrison

That we can perform against the better teams yet play against the smaller teams like we've only gotta turn up

100% performance regardless of the opposition ;)

As with Batley, I felt we gave the Bulls a stiff game todsy. I came away feeling quite pleased; okay we lost and at times, were our own worst enemy with the lack of ball retention, but our lads are part timers and worked hard against a side thst spends its days preparing for the next game, while ours have jobs and then prepare, training a few times each week.

I really do wonder if the referee does see the game impartially. Why did he give Bradford a penalty when we took their player into touch, yet in the second half when they tried it - nothing? He and his colleagues missed quite a number of Bulls' forward passes and when playing the ball they simply put the ball on the floor and walked forward on more than one occasion. On the other hand our discipline doesn't improve does it?

Probably the best result is the new record for the attendance, 4,068. Really pleased with that.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Sorry BSJ I have given him the benefit of the doubt on many occasions and I'm afraid the time has come for him to have a long rest. A lot of players put their bodies on the line every week and sustain injuries with which they continue. Pryce is constantly out of position and goes down before the tackle is even made. He's a big lad who needs to start using his weight. The Bulls supporters said he hadn't changed since he left them.

I think Pryce has been carrying an injury all season TBH, but he is still the only reliable option at the moment IMO. My bigger concern is Wildie, who brings nothing to the party as far as I can see. I don't know what Godwin has done wrong, but his experience would surely have been invaluable yesterday. I also think we look better with Hyde and Farrell in the side. Haggerty is still a penalty machine we can't afford - release him back to his new owners. One other question bothers me - what is the point of a large squad (and a second team) if there is little or no rotation - I guess what I'm getting at is why is Scott Hale at centre when we have alternatives in the second team ?

All in all though the lads acquited themselves well up until the last fiften minutes when Bradfords fitness told, and the attendance was a huge boost. 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think Pryce has been carrying an injury all season TBH, but he is still the only reliable option at the moment IMO. My bigger concern is Wildie, who brings nothing to the party as far as I can see. I don't know what Godwin has done wrong, but his experience would surely have been invaluable yesterday. I also think we look better with Hyde and Farrell in the side. Haggerty is still a penalty machine we can't afford - release him back to his new owners. One other question bothers me - what is the point of a large squad (and a second team) if there is little or no rotation - I guess what I'm getting at is why is Scott Hale at centre when we have alternatives in the second team ?

All in all though the lads acquited themselves well up until the last fiften minutes when Bradfords fitness told, and the attendance was a huge boost. 

Good comments Grumpy.  Agree with everything but especially your points on rotation.  This seems to apply to Joel Farrell only and from what I see he is the one who I would rest less and play more...

Beckett in particular must have been expecting a game yesterday, though I suspect Scott was there for his tackling.  Hoepfully someone else will get a chance there come sunday....?

Good comments Grumpy.  Agree with everything but especially your points on rotation.  This seems to apply to Joel Farrell only and from what I see he is the one who I would rest less and play more...

Beckett in particular must have been expecting a game yesterday, though I suspect Scott was there for his tackling.  Hoepfully someone else will get a chance there come sunday....?

I think we must expect that GM's selections had one eye looking towards next Sunday.

I also guess that GOR didn't go to Batley (it being an off-limits Friday night) where Wildie had a very good game for us. He certainly isn't the flashiest of stand offs around but does get through a ton of work.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived