Whos minding the Store

higgy

We are all now well aware that CH is working for LSV and is not attending matches, but who is now looking after the clubs affairs through the week now that he has lost his main admin person, and the mainstay of the club.

How much longer can the club survive????

If this is the case it will be a massive loss.Every time I needed info she was there.She is a champion of the club and she would be missed massively by myself and probably others.It wouldnt be the same without her.I would hope to see her again as a fan.

Not a penny paid in rent to the council for whitebank, the council and the RFL dont want him in charge anymore, staff buggering off, not got a lot going for Oldham at the moment. What a sorry state of affairs for our once fabulous club its heart breaking :suicide:

Janet was a work colleague of mine for many years .If anything she would have been an organising influence on  your man.I would say without that kind of assistance you can expect more aspects to running the club to fall into disarray.

That is part of the problem - that Latics want all the revenue. At boundary park our costs will be higher and if Latics take all the food and booze revenue plus charge for stadium facilities, we will have to increase gates and sponsorship significantly just to maintain current revenue/expenditure balance, let alone increase revenue to spend on squad, facilities and marketing.

It's the right way to go in the short to medium term, but it's not as straightforward as many people make out.

I would think the latics would negotiate with new owners if we moved back to Boundary Park. Whitebank could be used by both clubs for training on and playing for reserve sides etc.

However CH as appealed for fans to come to the matches and support the club.

It should be a two way process. If he would open up to the fans and explain the true situation of the club he might get that support.

That is part of the problem - that Latics want all the revenue. At boundary park our costs will be higher and if Latics take all the food and booze revenue plus charge for stadium facilities, we will have to increase gates and sponsorship significantly just to maintain current revenue/expenditure balance, let alone increase revenue to spend on squad, facilities and marketing.

It's the right way to go in the short to medium term, but it's not as straightforward as many people make out.

I am afraid that the new stand at Latics won't help. It's been paid for already. And the whole point of why it was built was to provide a regular stream of income for Latics to fund the clubs normal operating costs. That is partly why it has been a little delayed, as some re configuring was going on for the tenants. I also know there are some risk being taken to drive extra revenue to really kick on income.

I wold love to see Roughyeds back at Boundary Park, proper arrangements and both becoming more successful with each other. There are economies of scale.

Won't happen in the CH era though.

I would think the latics would negotiate with new owners if we moved back to Boundary Park. Whitebank could be used by both clubs for training on and playing for reserve sides etc.

However CH as appealed for fans to come to the matches and support the club.

It should be a two way process. If he would open up to the fans and explain the true situation of the club he might get that support.

Whitebank is not fit for Reserve team football, hasn't got the facilities like Catering, and is further away isn't it?

In answer to some of the recent points:

I believe that another poster, one I see as a reliable source has identified a covenant on Whitebank that prohibits developmentcabove a certain height. Not to mention the prohibitive costs of making the place habitable. There are also vandalism issues, basic utilities issues and transport/location/ parking issues if crowds were to increase. I agree that bit is also not fit for reserve team football.

So I don't see Whitebank as a solution post CH.

Boundary Park is the medium term solution for any new club, but the rugby club would be very much the junior partner and would have to establish new funding streams rapidly to offset the loss of food and booze costs.

Call me a dreamer, but I believe a small new multi-purpose community stadium should be the aim of a new club. Built and managed by a separate but grouped stadium company, to ensure that if the stadium fails the club goes on, and vice versa.

Funding bids to Sport England, National Lottery, RFL, Oldham Council, North West Development Agency, Rugby Oldham plus a membership or crowd funding scheme combined with a part rental basis with a development partner could generate enough money to do it. But it would take time.

Can't build stands and the access doesn't comply with RFL. CH enquired years ago and as far as I know Ch owes the RU club money from the time it was a training base

Cant see the access being a problem, its better than what they've got at Whitebank. Doesnt surprise me that CH owes money to them as well. Shame there isnt a list of what and who he owes to.

As for building Stands, there's not been any progress at Whitebank regarding that so why should that make any difference for the time being?.

it's the residents on blythe road but orufc own the land from coal pit lane to the back car park, parking is not an issue.but I'm sure there is the mine shaft under the first team pitch so foundations will be a problem and im unsure where you would put the seating

Cant see the access being a problem, its better than what they've got at Whitebank. Doesnt surprise me that CH owes money to them as well. Shame there isnt a list of what and who he owes to.

As for building Stands, there's not been any progress at Whitebank regarding that so why should that make any difference for the time being?.

There is a list...... where ever you have played ...he owes them money...

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Truly sorry to hear that Oldham are having such difficulties. Some of the best fans I've met and such a  great club deserves our support. Best of luck sorting things out.

Archived