Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

10 minutes ago, Graham said:

Unwanted Broncos playmaker Anthony Milford is set to decide between approaches from the Rabbitohs and the Titans 

Is that Dapto Rabbitohs and Maitland Titans?

• Haha 1

Storm coach Craig Bellamy has agreed to stay with the Storm as coach for the next two years and could remain at the club beyond then.

Bellamy has the scope to stay at the club for at least five years, with the potential to move upstairs at the Storm.

This despite his being wanted elsewhere (eg Broncos, Sharks)

The deal to keep him is apparently $1.2m a year.

Relative to the cost of players, this seems like a sound decision to keep him keeping on keeping on.

Edited by Graham

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...
2 hours ago, Graham said:

Storm coach Craig Bellamy has agreed to stay with the Storm as coach for the next two years and could remain at the club beyond then.

Bellamy has the scope to stay at the club for at least five years, with the potential to move upstairs at the Storm.

Relative to the coat of players, this seems like a sound decision to keep him keeping on keeping on.

I’m not exactly the Storms biggest fan but whatever it takes to keep him then give him it 

17 hours ago, DavidM said:

I’m not exactly the Storms biggest fan but whatever it takes to keep him then give him it 

The Storm’s biggest weapon in recent years was always said to be Cam Smith/Billy Slater/Cooper Cronk … 

Before all them, a top class as they definitely were, I’d have put Bellyache. He’s proved the game isn’t just about big name players and buying them. Now those players I named have retired, contrary to some people’s expectations, Storm haven’t dipped and a massive part of that is due to Craig Bellamy being at the helm.

Keeping him is a huge plus for Storm. Not getting him is a huge loss to the clubs who targeted him.

Edited by Graham

Buzz Rothfield saying that the Rooster's Siosiua Taukeiaho likely to be released early to move to SL. I would be astonished if that came about, ok he's had a poor season this year but the last couple of years he's been about the best prop in the NRL including a standout performance captaining Tonga to a win over the Aussies, I would have thought there would be plenty of clubs lining up to sign him over there and I wouldn't think he would come in the price range of our impoverished clubs as at 29 he will be looking for a good, long payday. If he did come he would improve any team immesureably .

On 27/07/2021 at 01:23, Graham said:

Relative to the cost of players, this seems like a sound decision to keep him keeping on keeping on.

Wayne Bennett (I think it was Wayne) once said a coach should get paid $1 more than your top-paid player.

48 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Buzz Rothfield saying that the Rooster's Siosiua Taukeiaho likely to be released early to move to SL. I would be astonished if that came about, ok he's had a poor season this year but the last couple of years he's been about the best prop in the NRL including a standout performance captaining Tonga to a win over the Aussies, I would have thought there would be plenty of clubs lining up to sign him over there and I wouldn't think he would come in the price range of our impoverished clubs as at 29 he will be looking for a good, long payday. If he did come he would improve any team immesureably .

I read that and I just can't believe it. There's gotta be at least 6 NRL clubs that would want him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Clogiron said:

He's supposedly already got 2 SL offers on the table from Saints & Leeds willing to make him one of their Marquee players and match his current NRL salary. If he does move to SL then Saints are probably in prime position to secure him given Woolf has now committed to extending his contract and Taukeiaho having played under him for Tonga.

Not had one of his best seasons so far for the Roosters but he's still a very good prop

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

He's supposedly already got 2 SL offers on the table from Saints & Leeds willing to make him one of their Marquee players and match his current NRL salary. If he does move to SL then Saints are probably in prime position to secure him given Woolf has now committed to extending his contract and Taukeiaho having played under him for Tonga.

Not had one of his best seasons so far for the Roosters but he's still a very good prop

He's also a fairly good goalkicker which would be useful to Saint's as their first choice kicker is leaving, but I still find it hard to believe he won't stay in the NRL somewhere.

29 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

He's also a fairly good goalkicker which would be useful to Saint's as their first choice kicker is leaving, but I still find it hard to believe he won't stay in the NRL somewhere.

Goal kicker is something Saints aren't short of, they already have Makinson, Percival and Dodd who was the main kicker all through his Academy rugby. 

These stories say they'll match his NRL pay. He's supposedly on $650K now but Wests have been paying Russell Packer $750K so surely we can make Taukeiaho and offer. The Sharks have paid Andrew Fifita $850K for his 3 NRL appearances this year.

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

These stories say they'll match his NRL pay. He's supposedly on $650K now but Wests have been paying Russell Packer $750K so surely we can make Taukeiaho and offer. The Sharks have paid Andrew Fifita $850K for his 3 NRL appearances this year.

I dont think the actual salary is an issue for Saints or Leeds, both have very wealthy owners who could splash the cash if they wanted to and as a marquee player only £150K would count on the SC. 

On 28/07/2021 at 17:49, Clogiron said:

I would have him at Wigan in an instant but given our cheap fix approach to next season I doubt we are even in the running.

Best prop in the world over the last 3-5 years for me and would be an amazing signing for whoever manages to nab him.

South Sydney have sealed a one-year deal for Anthony Milford to resurrect his NRL career at the club in 2022.

The 27-year-old five-eighth has been on the outer at the Broncos this season and was told his services would not be required next year with Rabbitohs playmaker Adam Reynolds heading to Brisbane on a lucrative three-year deal.

23 hours ago, Graham said:

South Sydney have sealed a one-year deal for Anthony Milford to resurrect his NRL career at the club in 2022.

The 27-year-old five-eighth has been on the outer at the Broncos this season and was told his services would not be required next year with Rabbitohs playmaker Adam Reynolds heading to Brisbane on a lucrative three-year deal.

This is a Bennett signing . Actually if it’s for a fraction of what he’s been on I don’t think it’s a bad pick up for a year to see if a move shakes him up 

Edited by DavidM

Is Don! Is Gone!

Gold Coast Titans winger Anthony Don will hang up his boots at the end of this season as a one-club player after officially announcing his retirement on Tuesday afternoon.

The 33-year-old has notched up 152 NRL games for the Titans over nine seasons and is the club’s all-time leading tryscorer (85).

Don made his NRL debut back in 2013 as a 25-year-old and quickly became a fan favourite.

He was named the club’s best and fairest in 2017 — the only winger to receive the award.

The Grafton Ghosts junior juggled footy with being a high school P.E teacher before landing a full time gig with the Titans.

During his time in the NRL, he continued to focus on life away from the field and completed his MBA.

Full article here