Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Braydon Trindall will not play this weekend and is now being investigated by the NRL integrity unit after the Sharks five-eighth failed initial roadside alcohol and illicit drugs tests early on Monday morning.

Trindall immediately reported the result of the tests to the club and will appear in court in May, with a secondary sample of the illicit drug test yet to be confirmed.

Braydon Trindall drunk driving

In other Shirks news:

Highly respected Sharks forward Dale Finucane has announced his retirement from rugby league effective immediately on medical advice due to concussions.

Finucane revealed in a press conference at Shark Park that he had been told by two medical experts that he should retire.

Dale Finucane retires

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Dale Finucane has been a really good player who set himself high standards and was a good example to young up and coming players.  
He says he had no option but to retire on medical advice.

Best wishes to him for the future.

Agreed. I reckon Sharks were hoping that the leadership he and AFB could give next year would drive them to finally be real contenders. The concern is how well his brain can recover from all the concussions ...

• Like 1

Just as Trindall is starting to hit straps and Sharks due a tough 9 weeks to stay top 4, let alone top, he goes and makes a poor judgement like that!

He will be kicking himself.

Hope he isn’t rubbed out for too long. I don’t think Dykes is ready and I am really worried about our depth in the halves. Newtown have Hiroti playing in #6. With all due respect, he is not an NRL winger, let alone 5/8 or half.