Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

On 08/02/2021 at 19:17, JimBronco said:

Does anyone play Supercoach draft? I'm giving it a whirl this season. 

Just found this ... sounds challenging:

SuperCoach Draft is radically different from Classic, as people take turns picking players in a free-for-all. Draft mode is fantasy sports in its purest form! There is no salary cap, you don’t have to worry about ‘cheapies’ and once a player is drafted they become off-limits to the rest of the league.

EVERY TEAM IS UNIQUE

While many people’s teams in SuperCoach Classic look very similar, with lots of people having the same cheapies and guns, every team in Draft is unique! The fact that no one else can have your players really makes you emotionally attached to your players, and will get you way more invested in the NRL.

• Like 1

Updated Harvey Norman All Stars teams - NRL

Can`t wait for this, gets bigger and bigger each year. Would love to see this as a month long celebration of both indigenous Maori and Aboriginal culture where ever it is held.

Great thing about this is that they can take it anywhere, even across the ditch or afl states. No other sport in Oz has anything or could hold anything like it.

Other big news:

30 days to NRL kick-off.

17 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Updated Harvey Norman All Stars teams - NRL

Can`t wait for this, gets bigger and bigger each year. Would love to see this as a month long celebration of both indigenous Maori and Aboriginal culture where ever it is held.

Great thing about this is that they can take it anywhere, even across the ditch or afl states. No other sport in Oz has anything or could hold anything like it.

Other big news:

30 days to NRL kick-off.

Pride runs through the bloodlines of Roosters centre Joseph Manu.

It is a pride in culture, family, and Maori heritage that is built into his DNA and passed down through a family that hails from the picturesque Northlands of New Zealand.

It is a pride that will fuel him when he takes to the field with some of the brightest names in the NRL in the 2021 All-Stars clash on February 20.

“They are a proud people up north,” Manu said.

“My grandmother is from the Nga Puhi tribe from the Waikare and Rawhiti region of north New Zealand, so I am really proud to represent her and the family there.”

“I’ve spoken to my mum and she was the happiest, she’s always wanted me to play in this game. So I know they will be all watching me.”

One player I like to follow: Isaah Yeo; Just one point is that pronounced Eyez eye-a Or Iza Aah. If it's the former... why the spelling? Tell me someone, please,

Penrith have re-signed co-captain Isaah Yeo to stay at the Panthers until the end of 2024.

The retention of Yeo, who will share the captaincy with Nathan Cleary this season, is expected to be quickly followed by confirmation that half Jarome Luai and centre Stephen Crichton are staying beyond this season.

Yeo was off contract at the end of 2021 and was one of the most prized signatures on the open market after making his State of Origin debut last season.

22 hours ago, Graham said:

Just found this ... sounds challenging:

SuperCoach Draft is radically different from Classic, as people take turns picking players in a free-for-all. Draft mode is fantasy sports in its purest form! There is no salary cap, you don’t have to worry about ‘cheapies’ and once a player is drafted they become off-limits to the rest of the league.

EVERY TEAM IS UNIQUE

While many people’s teams in SuperCoach Classic look very similar, with lots of people having the same cheapies and guns, every team in Draft is unique! The fact that no one else can have your players really makes you emotionally attached to your players, and will get you way more invested in the NRL.

If I had more time then I would definitely take part in the draft version of the game. You would need to do your homework. I love the idea of each team being unique and nobody can have the players you have picked. 

1 hour ago, JimBronco said:

If I had more time then I would definitely take part in the draft version of the game. You would need to do your homework. I love the idea of each team being unique and nobody can have the players you have picked. 

I would be happy to join in, but don't you need all your players to be available at the same time for the draft to take place? Do you need 20 players for a league, or can you do it with a select few?

3 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

I would be happy to join in, but don't you need all your players to be available at the same time for the draft to take place? Do you need 20 players for a league, or can you do it with a select few?

Ideally you want each person available at the same time. You can have any amount in a draft league I think  

16 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

Ideally you want each person available at the same time. You can have any amount in a draft league I think  

It looks like you can have any number from 4 to 20 so long as there is an even number. However, I haven't accessed the rules and how it would work for transfers, changes to teams etc

4 hours ago, Graham said:

Pride runs through the bloodlines of Roosters centre Joseph Manu.

It is a pride in culture, family, and Maori heritage that is built into his DNA and passed down through a family that hails from the picturesque Northlands of New Zealand.

It is a pride that will fuel him when he takes to the field with some of the brightest names in the NRL in the 2021 All-Stars clash on February 20.

“They are a proud people up north,” Manu said.

“My grandmother is from the Nga Puhi tribe from the Waikare and Rawhiti region of north New Zealand, so I am really proud to represent her and the family there.”

“I’ve spoken to my mum and she was the happiest, she’s always wanted me to play in this game. So I know they will be all watching me.”

And some people worry that this is just an exhibition match. If there`s 10 minutes left and the scores are close `watch out`, I suspect in these games we may see a bit of razzle-dazzle football but when the chips are down and the game is on the line both these teams are fiercely proud and will want bragging rights.

4 hours ago, Graham said:

One player I like to follow: Isaah Yeo; Just one point is that pronounced Eyez eye-a Or Iza Aah. If it's the former... why the spelling? Tell me someone, please,

Penrith have re-signed co-captain Isaah Yeo to stay at the Panthers until the end of 2024.

Great player and pronounced     Eye....zay.....ah ( the `ah`pronounced like the `u` in up )

I noticed the TRL article on the ongoing saga of Cam Smith, it's making me wonder whether this a deliberate ploy to stop the Aussie press bothering Bellyache over what he will be doing next year. Though it's been stated that decision will come sometime next week!

Will Cam do a Tom Brady and try his luck with the Titans? he would certainly get them to the playoffs but they look good enough to do that anyway, he could get them to the QF's but it would be difficult from then on but not impossible!

Will he do it? I don't know but like most Storm fans I wouldn't mind him giving it a go.

I just hope the Sydney Media feel obliged to write off Storms chances as it helps the Squad with that bit of extra motivation!

• Haha 1

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

I noticed the TRL article on the ongoing saga of Cam Smith, it's making me wonder whether this a deliberate ploy to stop the Aussie press bothering Bellyache over what he will be doing next year. Though it's been stated that decision will come sometime next week!

Will Cam do a Tom Brady and try his luck with the Titans? he would certainly get them to the playoffs but they look good enough to do that anyway, he could get them to the QF's but it would be difficult from then on but not impossible!

Will he do it? I don't know but like most Storm fans I wouldn't mind him giving it a go.

I just hope the Sydney Media feel obliged to write off Storms chances as it helps the Squad with that bit of extra motivation!

The Titans need a good rake and some leadership to take the strain off the halves. Smith would be ideal for them and in many ways the missing piece in the jigsaw. He would be playing behind a dominant and powerful pack which would suit him. If they picked him up I could definitely see them a challenging for the top 4 

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

Fair enough Blotto. As for me though I’d rather he didn’t drag this saga on and just make it clear what his intentions are. If he is going elsewhere it would help any new club if he got stuck into training with his new team mates.

For me though he should call it a day. He has achieved everything in the game. While Coops did a late switch in similar circumstances, I didn’t like seeing him in Roosters’ colours, though I always liked him and wished him well when playing for them.

Cam Smith has got plenty to contribute to the game still, I just hope it’s in coaching or in some role promoting our game rather than stretching his career out another season.

Having said all that, I’m pretty sure he could still play effectively at the highest level if he wanted to.

South Sydney star Latrell Mitchell is poised to sign a new deal with the Rabbitohs that is well below his market value.

According to the Daily Telegraph’s James Phelps and Peter Badel, Mitchell will put pen to a new two-year deal worth $875,000 per season.

The 23-year-old could have attracted as much as $1.2 million on the open market, but his quest for team success was the reason for his decision to sign a new deal below his market value.

No, for me I wouldn’t want to pay any more than that for him. I’m not saying he’s not a great player at his best. Just that his 2020 season was marked by injury and just 14 appearances granted in a truncated season, where he scored just four tries.

It’s official – Brisbane Broncos rake Andrew McCullough has signed a three-year deal with the St George Illawarra Dragons.

The Dragons confirmed in a statement on Monday afternoon they have acquired McCullough’s services immediately until the end of the 2023 season.

“It’s no secret that we have been interested in Andrew McCullough for a while now and we’re pleased to see him finally sign with the Dragons,” Dragons general manager of football Ben Haran told dragons.com.au.

Edited by Graham

Controversial football star Israel Folau has reportedly requested a sit-down with the NRL to discuss whether he may be allowed back in the competition.

Folau wants to meet with Australian Rugby League Commission chairman Peter V’landys and NRL boss Andrew Abdo face-to-face to “see whether he has a future in the code”.

Before Suliasi Vunivalu has played a RU game for his new club after leaving NRL and Storm he's in trouble!

Queensland Reds recruit Suliasi Vunivalu has been sensationally stood down from Friday’s season opening Super Rugby AU match and fined $10,000 after allegedly pushing a security guard.

The incident occurred at a licensed Brisbane venue on January 30, but the Reds were only made aware of it last week.

The former Melbourne Storm NRL premiership-winning winger was charged and will appear in court in April.

He could yet face more punishment from both the Reds and Australian Rugby Union once the matter is dealt with by the courts.

The club said the 25-year-old Fijian had brought “the club and the game into disrepute”.

Vunivalu said he was “embarrassed to be in this position”.

37 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You missed out Kotoni Staggs from the naughty step .The NRL off-season is a real treasure trove of fantastic positive stories for the game ... 🤔

If it's a bit cold to the rear on that step for all it's occupant's the ru might be able to help them with a carpet!