Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Latrell Mitchell has taken the early guilty plea for both of his charges from Friday night meaning he will be out for the next two weeks.

He was facing a three-match ban if he took on the judiciary and lost after he received a grade-two striking charge for a hit on Josh Reynolds. 

The Rabbitohs fullback was also slapped with a $550 fine for a careless high tackle charge on Luke Garner.

Penrith Panthers have confirmed winger Charlie Staines has been stood down, pending investigation, after an alleged breach of NRL biosecurity protocols following his debut. He had a family party which included some friends.

I also read he’d had to go to hospital with lockjaw, something he’d suffered from before.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Penrith Panthers have confirmed winger Charlie Staines has been stood down, pending investigation, after an alleged breach of NRL biosecurity protocols following his debut. He had a family party which included some friends.

I also read he’d had to go to hospital with lockjaw, something he’d suffered from before.

I have some sympathy for him with this as it’s quite a minor technical breach of the protocols as opposed to having big party and the kid would have been on such a high scoring 4 tries on debut.

1 hour ago, arcticchris said:

I have some sympathy for him with this as it’s quite a minor technical breach of the protocols as opposed to having big party and the kid would have been on such a high scoring 4 tries on debut.

Sounds like it was the parents and family he lives with and 4 or five friends?

35 minutes ago, Graham said:

Sounds like it was the parents and family he lives with and 4 or five friends?

Can’t remember the exact details I read earlier today but think the max allowed is 10 people per day but in groups of no more than 5 at a time whereas his grouping was of 10 people (family and friends) all at the same time.

The lockjaw incident and going to A+E before checking with the club doctors for the protocol was probably the bigger deal for the club.

He just totally peed off whenever we saw him in the box . I have some sympathy for him , he can’t go out and play for them . They’re a basket case . But ultimately the coach carries the can .

Seems Bulldogs want to replace him with Trent Barrett who's currently Penrith's Assistant Coach.

According to one reporter Jelisa Apps referring to the Bulldogs he inherited  “Dean Pay was handed an absolute sh*t sandwich to take care of until 2021 when they could be competitive again."

Edited by Graham

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Seems Bulldogs want to replace him with Trent Barrett who's currently Penrith's Assistant Coach.

According to one reporter Jelisa Apps referring to the Bulldogs he inherited  “Dean Pay was handed an absolute sh*t sandwich to take care of until 2021 when they could be competitive again."

Trent Barrett? 

Anyone out there think he is the answer to Bulldogs problems?

1 hour ago, Graham said:

She’s right 

26 minutes ago, Graham said:

Trent Barrett? 

He’d be a good appointment . I thought he may be in with a shout at the Dragons if Mary went . Of course it unravelled at Manly but all kinds was going on there . He’s getting big raps with the Penrith attack , and that’s a glaring deficiency at Belmore . They obviously want more with the ball . He’s more than worth another shot . Of course he needs an improved roster in key spots to make big strides , or it doesn’t matter if it’s Bellamy with Bennett as assistant 

Edited by DavidM

38 minutes ago, Graham said:

Newcastle Knights forward Herman Ese’ese will join the Gold Coast Titans in 2021 on a two-year deal.

I think I heard in last weekend's commentary that Tyson Frizell is joining Newcastle next year. Maybe as a replacement for Herman.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Trent Barrett? 

Whilst their playing roster is lacking I think they need someone to come in and tell some home truths and kick a few posteriors with the current lot and that doesn't strike me as Barrett's style as to who?  A certain S.Wane might fit that position if he was interested.

According to one report I read NZ Warriors don't want Adam Blair after the end of this season even though he has a further year on his contract with them. Apparently they want him to either move on or retire.

They are having a bit of a clear out with Blake green already on notice that he's not wanted beyond 2020. Then there's Gerard Beale too...

They're all managed by the same bloke ...

Cronulla Sharks has extended the contracts of Royce Hunt and Siosifa Talakai, the club announced. 

Hunt is set to sign a two-year extension trying him to the club until the end of the 2022 NRL season, while Talakai is set to sign a one-year extension tying him to the club until the end of next year. 

Both players joined the club during the pre-season hoping to revive their NRL careers, with coach John Morris praising their hard work and endeavour to get on the NRL list. 

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

Canterbury Bulldogs back Reimis Smith has been handed a one-match ban for his tackle on Broncos captain Alex Glenn in last week’s clash.

The 23-year old will miss his side’s meeting with the St George Illawarra Dragons at WIN Stadium this Saturday as a result.

Shockingly lenient

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Corey Harawira-Naera could ( maybe... etc )be handed a lifeline out of Canterbury as part of a player swap involving St George Illawarra’s Tim Lafai.

Yes please . Lafai has great hair that’s never out of place but has never consistently shown his Bulldogs form